HF Habs: Out Of Town Thread: 2023-2024 season

Status
Not open for further replies.

MarkovsKnee

Global Moderator
Nov 21, 2007
Toronto
All 4 teams vying for play-off spots in East won today.

NYI clinched with a 4-1 win over NJD.
Washington beat Boston 2-0
Pittsburgh beat Nashville 4-2
Detroit beat Montreal 5-4 (OT).

Philadelphia was eliminated tonight. Washington is already at 89 pts & they hold tie breaker against Philadelphia. Philadelphia's maximum is 89 points.

For Detroit to make playoffs they need to beat Montreal and hope Washington loses in regulation or OT/SO to Philadelphia. If that happens, Detroit clinches.

If Detroit loses to Montreal, they're out.

If they pick up one point, and Washington loses in regulation, they're not eliminated nor do they clinch. They'll have to wait til Wednesday to see what happens with Pittsburgh @ NYI game. Pens would get in the playoffs with 2 points.

If both Detroit and Washington pick up a point, Detroit is eliminated and Caps are waiting on that Penguins game.

It's coming down to the final games for that last spot.

Reactions: Chili

jiboy

la game dans la game
May 2, 2007
All 4 teams vying for play-off spots in East won today.

NYI clinched with a 4-1 win over NJD.
Washington beat Boston 2-0
Pittsburgh beat Nashville 4-2
Detroit beat Montreal 5-4 (OT).

Philadelphia was eliminated tonight. Washington is already at 89 pts & they hold tie breaker against Philadelphia. Philadelphia's maximum is 89 points.

For Detroit to make playoffs they need to beat Montreal and hope Washington loses in regulation or OT/SO to Philadelphia. If that happens, Detroit clinches.

If Detroit loses to Montreal, they're out.

If they pick up one point, and Washington loses in regulation, they're not eliminated nor do they clinch. They'll have to wait til Wednesday to see what happens with Pittsburgh @ NYI game. Pens would get in the playoffs with 2 points.

If both Detroit and Washington pick up a point, Detroit is eliminated and Caps are waiting on that Penguins game.

It's coming down to the final games for that last spot.
I think philly is not dead yet

Reactions: sj315

Mrb1p

PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
Dec 10, 2011
Citizen of the world
Matheson is way more physical and aggressive offensively. Much better player and I'm lukewarm on Matheson.
Matheson has had more hits than Chychrun in one season in the last four. They are both very similar. Matheson's a better skater though, of course. Realistically they're both non starters for a PO team. Maybe as 3rd pairings or behind a very, very strong 1st pair.

red devil

Oct 14, 2004
Oilers up 8-1 and there is still 6 minutes remaining in the 2nd

McDavid only has 1 goal this game and 0 assists, so he still has 99 on the season

MarkovsKnee

Global Moderator
Nov 21, 2007
Toronto
I think philly is not dead yet

I just rechecked the standing if Philadelphia wins in regulation, they tie Washington in RWs, ROWs, and W, lol. It then becomes point head-to-head, which they'll probably lead.

That means Philadelphia will have to pull the goalie in regulation if the teams are tied late. Going to OT eliminates them, so Washington can clinch on an ENG.

Reactions: jiboy

Andrei79

Jan 25, 2013
Matheson has had more hits than Chychrun in one season in the last four. They are both very similar. Matheson's a better skater though, of course. Realistically they're both non starters for a PO team. Maybe as 3rd pairings or behind a very, very strong 1st pair.

There's more to being physical than hits. I would even say hits are just a minor part of it. Matheson engages physically every shift. Chychrun doesn't. He's soft as butter. He's not as dangerous offensively either.

Mrb1p

PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
Dec 10, 2011
Citizen of the world
Crazy that you score 8 goals and Mcdavid only has one point and Drai 2.
There's more to being physical than hits. I would even say hits are just a minor part of it. Matheson engages physically every shift. Chychrun doesn't. He's soft as butter. He's not as dangerous offensively either.
Wouldn't say either are soft, though I haven't followed Jake since he got traded to Ottawa because f*** that team. Might just be the Ontario water system getting to him, its very common from Ottawa to Toronto.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad