HF Habs: Out Of Town Thread: 2023-2024 season

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gustave

Feb 15, 2007
Here
McDavid is pissed off guys. Holland better find his childhood buddy and give him a job.

You know what irks me? He doesn’t seem to think he’s part of a team, and too bad for him but success is a team concept.

If your team sucks, then you have a part of it on your shoulders. Maybe not « points » wise, but leadership, being a good teammate, building a cohesion between the guys « you seem to think are beneath you » and you and your superstar buddy…

I don’t know man, maybe I’m just old school like that. McDrai look like they loath the rest of the team, very apparent on the bench during the playoffs.

bcv

My french sucks.
Sep 18, 2010
You know what irks me? He doesn’t seem to think he’s part of a team, and too bad for him but success is a team concept.

If your team sucks, then you have a part of it on your shoulders. Maybe not « points » wise, but leadership, being a good teammate, building a cohesion between the guys « you seem to think are beneath you » and you and your superstar buddy…

I don’t know man, maybe I’m just old school like that. McDrai look like they loath the rest of the team, very apparent on the bench during the playoffs.
Yeah, that’s the problem.

• Haha
Reactions: Andrei79

Gustave

Feb 15, 2007
Here
Yeah, that’s the problem.
It’s part of it. They look tense as f***.

No goalies, sketchy D. Of course. But from his standpoint there’s something he can do, you know, different then what he excels at.

Miller Time

Sep 16, 2004
It’s part of it. They look tense as f***.

No goalies, sketchy D. Of course. But from his standpoint there’s something he can do, you know, different then what he excels at.

there does seem to be less leadership impact coming from McD than you see from a generational talent like Crosby...

but then again, not so sure that McD's lack of leadership impact is as much the issue as the reality that the Oilers don't have anyone in the roster that seems to be cut from that mould.

Drai doesn't seem to be that guy. Nurse perhaps tries? RNH?

their depth guys are all replaceable/borderliners, so no bottom-6 glue guys like Draper to be found there.

Need to have at least 1 guy in the core group that is a strong leader, Oilers don't seem to have that guy and seem to have too many of their top players that either can't or aren't interested in shouldering that kind of role

What the oilers wouldn't do for a Smyth 2.0 lol

HomaridII

May 23, 2006
Montreal, Canada
You are angry? DO something about it. Everyone thinks you dictated the coach replacement. Take over a game, do something.

I mean you take a max contract thats like 15% of the team cap and then are angry ..... wtf you expect.

Gustave

Feb 15, 2007
Here
there does seem to be less leadership impact coming from McD than you see from a generational talent like Crosby...

but then again, not so sure that McD's lack of leadership impact is as much the issue as the reality that the Oilers don't have anyone in the roster that seems to be cut from that mould.

Drai doesn't seem to be that guy. Nurse perhaps tries? RNH?

their depth guys are all replaceable/borderliners, so no bottom-6 glue guys like Draper to be found there.

Need to have at least 1 guy in the core group that is a strong leader, Oilers don't seem to have that guy and seem to have too many of their top players that either can't or aren't interested in shouldering that kind of role

What the oilers wouldn't do for a Smyth 2.0 lol
I agree. It’s not coming from the McDrai for sure.

But ounce the pecking order is instilled, it’s hard for an outsider (say ROR per example) to come in and start to rally shit around the team concept.

They have to become « that » guy if they want success. Hockey is rarely driven by one or two guys, it’s a whole bunch of guys getting it done together that usually do the winning.

The Caps had to put Ovy on the backseat to win, Trotz got out after the win. We are talking about arguably the greatest goal scorer of the game here…

Gaylord Q Tinkledink

Apr 29, 2018
Just for fun if Mcdavid were to go UFA , how much would you guys give him to join us
Whatever the max is and I'd give whatever family members he wanted cushy work-from-home jobs.

32 thoughts also speculated thar McDavid is likely still hurt, rushed back for the outdoor game and I believe they thought the same about Ekholm.

HabsWhiteKnightLOL

Apr 29, 2017
Somewhere on earth in a hospital
Whatever the max is and I'd give whatever family members he wanted cushy work-from-home jobs.

32 thoughts also speculated thar McDavid is likely still hurt, rushed back for the outdoor game and I believe they thought the same about Ekholm.
Yeah I heard that he had like a 3 weeks injury and cameback like 10 days after. I feel like im watching Lebron James trying to carry the Cavs when I see Mcdavid. Shit's sad.

Reactions: dinodebino

Redux91

I do Three bullets.
Sep 5, 2006
Kirkland, Montreal
You are angry? DO something about it. Everyone thinks you dictated the coach replacement. Take over a game, do something.

I mean you take a max contract thats like 15% of the team cap and then are angry ..... wtf you expect.
16.67% :D

And yeah, I'd target Drai personally,

But if you got a shot at McD.. you offer the moon. 15M

Reactions: HomaridII

CHfan1

Apr 23, 2012
Just for fun if Mcdavid were to go UFA , how much would you guys give him to join us

If the cap goes up by 5% each year when McDavid hits free agency in 2026-27 the maximum contract he could get is about $19.3 million per season. If he actually hit free agency I wouldn’t be surprised to see him get an offer like that.

Reactions: HabsWhiteKnightLOL

OldCraig71

Feb 2, 2009
No one cares
I don't watch the Oilers very often but for those of you that do, I have a question. I know that McDavid and Draisaitl end up with a bazillion points but do they play any sort of 200-foot game? It's tough to win in the NHL if everyone isn't trying to prevent goals against and is mainly focused on scoring. McDavid is the captain and shouldn't he show commitment to being better at both ends of the ice?(Not sure if he does or not)

HabsWhiteKnightLOL

Apr 29, 2017
Somewhere on earth in a hospital
I don't watch the Oilers very often but for those of you that do, I have a question. I know that McDavid and Draisaitl end up with a bazillion points but do they play any sort of 200-foot game? It's tough to win in the NHL if everyone isn't trying to prevent goals against and is mainly focused on scoring. McDavid is the captain and shouldn't he show commitment to being better at both ends of the ice?(Not sure if he does or not)
Id say they play an average 200foot game. Not great but not a disaster.

Grate n Colorful Oz

Hutson Hawk
Jun 12, 2007
Hockey Mecca

The problem isn't McDrai.

Lack of depth, lack of good Ds outside Ekholm, lack of true defensive forwards, lack of good goalies. McDrai can only bring you so far.

the valiant effort

settle down, bud
Apr 17, 2017
There is a “McDrai aren’t committed to 200ft play” narrative on HF that is hilariously driven by Leafs fans that believe Stache’s decent defensive prowess puts him on even footing with them.

MarkovsKnee

Global Moderator
Nov 21, 2007
Toronto

McDavid at least tries, but he's average defensively. The big issue is Draisaitl. He can be extremely lazy coming back. Probably why they keep moving him to wing. His effort level can really wane on the defensive side of the puck.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad