HF Habs: Out Of Town Thread: 2023-2024 season

Status
Not open for further replies.

morhilane

Feb 28, 2021
The Kraken are yo-yoing Wright. He's been shipped back to the AHL already. Not the best way to develop someone.

Shred

Nov 1, 2005
They , The NHLPA, may not like it but at the end of the day I don't think they can or would prevent him from signing in the $8M range. As the games biggest name you have some control.

Remember when Karyia and Selanne signed with the Avs on the cheap (real cheap for Karyia at 1.2M). They did not get their cup however.
Wonder what happened that year. Both Kariya and Selanne didn't produce at all in Colorado and both rebounded to PPG+ the next year with a different team.

Habit11

Dec 18, 2009
was that on a pk? If so why is he killing penalties? I don't want our best players kill penalties. Have the 3rd and 4th line guy do that. It should be their role.
It was on the PK. Funny enough I was having a friendly debate during tonight's GDT about Suzuki killing penalties and why he shouldn't because of injury risk and this is exactly what I'm always weary of when your top C or top F is killing penalties.

McGees

Jun 15, 2016
wtf is up with Buffalo.
Should have taken the next step by now.
Give us Benson for Allen.
Thank you for your consideration.

Reactions: overlords

donghabs98

Oct 14, 2010
Halifax
*Gives $5,000,000 to the LA Kings to play 2 pre season games Quebec city*

:eyeroll:

Francois-Legault.jpg

Could have had the Habs play for free instead. What a waste of public money at a time when the Quebec government is saying money is tight.

red devil

Oct 14, 2004
wtf is up with Buffalo.
Should have taken the next step by now.
Give us Benson for Allen.
Thank you for your consideration.
Levi should be in the AHL when is the last time 21 year old goalie was the starter for a playoff team? It just doesn't happen in today's league anymore as it did in the past.

Mrb1p

PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
Dec 10, 2011
Citizen of the world
Levi should be in the AHL when is the last time 21 year old goalie was the starter for a playoff team? It just doesn't happen in today's league anymore as it did in the past.
Hart, Murray, Vasi, Price, MAF. It happens every 2-3 years that a G is the starter in his 21 YO season. 20 for Pricer.

JianYang

Sep 29, 2017
Again the NHLPA has no say. They may put pressure on him but he can do whatever he wants. Other stars (not of his magnitude of course) have taken team friendly deals.

I know Crosby's deal was big considering the cap was not that high at the time... But did he take top dollar? I can't remember.

I do remember something superstitious about the number with him producing a 8.7 Mil cap burden.

JianYang

Sep 29, 2017
Gotta think he gets bought out so Edmonton really overpays to move him because no one is taking that contract. Campbell is a nice guy but was paid too much for a role he's not suited for and in a market that chews up goalies like gum.

I'm trying to remember the last stable goalie that the oilers had. I suppose the answer is Dwayne roloson.... That was a long time ago.

JianYang

Sep 29, 2017
Hart, Murray, Vasi, Price, MAF. It happens every 2-3 years that a G is the starter in his 21 YO season. 20 for Pricer.
Did price start the year with montreal? I know for sure he didn't get the first start of the year, and if memory serves, he didn't actually make the roster out of camp.

What I do seem to remember is that he played his first game in Pittsburgh, and it may have even been that shootout which gave birth to the legendary Markov meme.

Mrb1p

PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
Dec 10, 2011
Citizen of the world
Did price start the year with montreal? I know for sure he didn't get the first start of the year, and if memory serves, he didn't actually make the roster out of camp.

What I do seem to remember is that he played his first game in Pittsburgh, and it may have even been that shootout which gave birth to the legendary Markov meme.
Yeah he did make the team out of camp. Christo played the first two.

Reactions: JianYang

Scintillating10

Jun 15, 2012
Nova Scotia
McDavid will get close to maximum allowable per CBA which is 20% of cap.

Since he isn’t a permanent US resident, his bonus will get taxed as revenue in Canada & since Alberta has significantly lower tax than other provinces he’ll sign w Edm or dare I say Cgy if he remains in Canada.

$ wise, his potential earning in Alberta will be similar to even zero state tax locales in US - so if he bolts for America $ will not be the deciding factor
Why others go for tax free states then?

Grate n Colorful Oz

Hutson Hawk
Jun 12, 2007
Hockey Mecca

Could have had the Habs play for free instead. What a waste of public money at a time when the Quebec government is saying money is tight.

Legault cannot GTFO soon enough.

Reactions: atrud66 and bcv

Scintillating10

Jun 15, 2012
Nova Scotia
Myriad of reasons: high taxes in the other Cdn provinces, avoid scrutiny in Cdn markets, warm weather, American players wanting to live & play in US etc.
Canadian teams are at severe disadvantage. Easy for Tampa, Florida, Dallas and Vegas to have great runs. Take one star off each club, those cups never happen

Gaylord Q Tinkledink

Apr 29, 2018
Benson will be sent back to junior soon, he's clearly not ready despite what people here said.

Levi clearly isn't ready. No idea why you'd bring a NCAA goalie straight to the NHL, especially when they didn't play out their full NCAA career..

morhilane

Feb 28, 2021
Benson will be sent back to junior soon, he's clearly not ready despite what people here said.

Levi clearly isn't ready. No idea why you'd bring a NCAA goalie straight to the NHL, especially when they didn't play out their full NCAA career..
Levi was good when he joined at the end of last season, that probably made them think he was an upgrade on Comrie and Luukkonen already.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad