HF Habs: Out Of Town Thread: 2023-2024 season

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tyson

Mar 1, 2007
Texas
Many years ago I went to a game in Landover MD, Chris Simon was a healthy scratch or injured (can't remember which). All of a sudden my buddy is having a conversation with Chris Simon. I remember thinking...damn for a heavyweight he isn't very big. Seemed like a good guy.

HuGo Sham

MR. CLEAN-up ©Runner77
Apr 7, 2010
Montreal

The Great Weal

Phil's Pizza
Jan 15, 2015
He has coached for 7 seasons in Tampa Bay, 4 and a half seasons in New York and 6 seasons in Columbus. He has now been in Philadelphia for 2 seasons and I don’t expect him to be fired anytime soon. The average NHL head coaching tenure length is 2.4 years.
Fair enough, for some reason I didn't think he was that long with Columbus. He had a one and done with the Canucks too. I still get the sense that he loses the room quickly.

Reactions: Shred

HuGo Burner Acc

Mar 30, 2016
You do realize there's a thing called trade deadline right? And you do also realize vet winners doesn't instantly become losers cause they join a young team that did not win lately?

With the adds they made at the deadline they are for sure 100% cup contenders.
So we're the san Jose Sharks back in the day

Heffyhoof

Jan 17, 2016
You seem mystified that people are complaining about stuff online, yet here you are… complaining about stuff online.

I'd suggest taking your own advice: "There are far too many real world problems and instances of unecessary suffering all around us" to spend time gatekeeping which feelings and topics we should express on social media. Arena food is a ripoff. Before you object to me saying that, remember the sun will run out of fuel in a few billion years.
When anyone uses any variation of the 'lol why do you care bro?' arguement I immediately write the conversation off as a waste. One of the single most disingenuous things to use.

Reactions: Lshap

The Great Weal

Phil's Pizza
Jan 15, 2015
Vegas is in trouble, Wild are 3 points away but have played one more game. Hill hasn't been great lately, he's only had 2 games with a save % above 0.920 since February.

• Love
Reactions: Heffyhoof

ReHabs

Jan 18, 2022
Amusing drama continues in Philadelphia as Daniel Briere accuses Ryan Johansen of pretending to be injured to avoid going to the AHL. Who’s the next GM to throw a player, albeit a cap dumped one, or former scout under the bus? Glad we run a tighter ship than that in Montreal.
Briere's entire organization sideswiped Cutter Gauthier, pissed off Sean Couturier, and now this. It's plainly clear Flyers Culture hasn't improved a bit. Bunch of jerks and jerkoffs. What Mike Griere said of his scout was also pretty nuts. For as much as I find Kent Hughes and Jeff Gorton lukewarm (in every way), I'm also glad our GM doesn't air dirty laundry. To be fair to Bergevin, he didn't tend to air dirty laundry either. Transparency is fine, low-rent character assassinations are not. In Montreal, the Habs rely on the media and the fans to do the character assassinations which is a bit more dignified imo.

Reactions: Andrei79
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad