Out of Town Thread 2021: Part 8

Status
Not open for further replies.

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
Jets have two more games left. Tonight vs. Canucks and Friday vs. the Leafs. If they lose both and Habs win their game tomorrow, Habs move to 3rd and will face the Oilers in the 1st round. And it will be Jets/Leafs.

But if Jets get at least 1 point, then they clinch 3rd place and it will be Habs/Leafs and Jets/Oilers.

Reactions: Holystik

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018
Jets have two more games left. Tonight vs. Canucks and Friday vs. the Leafs. If they lose both and Habs win their game tomorrow, Habs move to 3rd and will face the Oilers in the 1st round. And it will be Jets/Leafs.

But if Jets get at least 1 point, then they clinch 3rd place and it will be Habs/Leafs and Jets/Oilers.

I think both will be tough matchups anyways, with the way we're playing and the way McDavid and the Oilers are playing.

I do hope we'll be healthy and well rested. I wanted to see what kind of team we have with Caufield when we're healthy and rested.

ArtPeur

Have a Snickers
Mar 30, 2010

The elusive 1 point saga continues!

Holystik

Nov 17, 2018
Mars
Will be cheering for the nucks tonight!
No doubt facing the Oilers instead of the Leafs seems preferable, head to head season's record wise.

Reactions: Runner77

yoteshot

Lazy Habs fan
Aug 6, 2005
Gatineau / Ottawa
Bruins are scratching like a dozen players tonight... how can they even ice a full lineup when Montreal wasn't allowed to call up more than 4 players after the TDL?

JuicyHam

Dec 16, 2013
windsor
Bruins are scratching like a dozen players tonight... how can they even ice a full lineup when Montreal wasn't allowed to call up more than 4 players after the TDL?
Yeah I also don't understand the situation. They're scratching what looks like 15 players which is basically the entire lineup. Something doesn't add up

RandomTask26

Jan 6, 2020
I think the max recall rule only applies while the AHL season is still going on. I’m assuming they’re team must be finished their season, so they can call up as many as they want. As long as they have the cap room

JianYang

Sep 29, 2017

I'd rather face the oilers, but I would just go with the mentality that the opponent is Toronto, and see where the cards fall.

Getting as much rest as possible should be the number one priority right now.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
The elusive 1 point saga continues!

If one point is involved, ONE, just 1, "Juan", then you just know that @sandviper has to be involved.

8RTgHPf.gif

sandviper

No Ragrets
Jan 26, 2016
Toronto
I don't see a big difference between the Leafs and Oilers -- all that matters is that we show up and our best players play at their best.

I think the Leafs, while also top heavy, have a deeper team overall. Edmonton also has worse goaltending IMO.

But you are 100% right... all that matters is if we show up and put in 60 minutes+ of work each game.

Reactions: Runner77

GlassesJacketShirt

Aug 4, 2010
Sherbrooke
On pace for 66 points... He's playing with Rantanen and/or Nathan ? Regardless, it's impressive.

He played some time with MacKinnon while Rantanen was down, but most of his season has been with Kadri or Jost. Quite honestly I think the 1st line loses little when switching the two RWs, almost feel like Rantanen would be better on the second line to balance things out at times.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad