Out of Town Scoreboard VII

Status
Not open for further replies.

tigervixxxen

Optimism=Delusional
Jul 7, 2013
Denver
burgundy-review.com
I think more just wondering why Roy didn't take him when he could have. And that's the pick they took Martin.

Honka going to the AHL because of a loophole that his Finnish team only *loaned* him to the WHL is a good one. So is the NHL rejecting Tkachev's ELC because he played some games in Russia and wasn't drafted by the Oilers is another good one. Loopholes giveth and loopholes taketh.

Last edited:

TimtheDJ84*

i think blues are good team for few years but unless their prospects pan out, their window won't be that long. A-Pie is going to be elite for the rest of the decade. and they do have D-core set for a while with shatty there too, among others. but it might work against them as they are so good they will prevent high picks. high end centers are hard to get and backes, stas, steen, oshie while still relatively in their prime, don't have too many great years left. and i'm not that sold on barbs and fabbri.

kids like rattie and jaskin also have their issues.
Fabbri is on the verge of making the team and St.Louis NEVER puts 18yo in the nhl like that. That is how impressive he has been thus far..

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
I think more just wondering why Roy didn't take him when he could have. And that's the pick they took Martin.

Honka going to the AHL because of a loophole that his Finnish team only *loaned* him to the WHL is a good one. So is the NHL rejecting Tkachev's ELC because he played some games in Russia and wasn't drafted by the Oilers is another good one. Loopholes giveth and loopholes taketh.

If that kid weren't so tiny that the oilers can still probably grab him with a late pick next year, I'd feel really bad for them.

They could be well on their way to really dangerous with just a couple ballsy trades.

agentblack

Apr 11, 2011
New York City
This Tkachev thing is interesting. He'll most likely tear it up in junior next year and get drafted in the 3rd or 4th rd. Maybe higher because of how he looked in the preseason.

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2012
This Tkachev thing is interesting. He'll most likely tear it up in junior next year and get drafted in the 3rd or 4th rd. Maybe higher because of how he looked in the preseason.

I believe Edmonton signed him.

Edit.... nevermind. I missed that whole news cycle. Edmonton should know the CBA better than that.

Last edited:

RockLobster

King in the North
Jul 5, 2003
Kansas
Bobby Ryan staying in Ottawa. 7 years 50.75M, AAV of 7.25

Half of me is surprised at the AAV and the other half isn't. Surprised because while he is a good Winger it's just he's never struck me as a 7+M winger.

Other half isn't surprised because Cap going up, deals getting bigger for everyone, etc.

I think this could potentially be looked at as good news because Ryan has consistently better offensive numbers than O'Reilly and gets 7.25M on a long term deal, so justifiably so O'Reilly should land in the 6.5-7M area on a long-term deal--and I am perfectly fine with that.

TheStranger

Jan 21, 2010
Ottawa, Ontario
Bobby Ryan staying in Ottawa. 7 years 50.75M, AAV of 7.25

Half of me is surprised at the AAV and the other half isn't. Surprised because while he is a good Winger it's just he's never struck me as a 7+M winger.

Other half isn't surprised because Cap going up, deals getting bigger for everyone, etc.

I think this could potentially be looked at as good news because Ryan has consistently better offensive numbers than O'Reilly and gets 7.25M on a long term deal, so justifiably so O'Reilly should land in the 6.5-7M area on a long-term deal--and I am perfectly fine with that.

If he was still in the midst of putting up back to back 30+ goal seasons I would think he's worth it. However it looks like that part of his career may be gone already. In his last 116 games he's only done 34G 44A, that's only a couple points more than his best single season, but in 34 more games.

Seems like a lot for a guy you don't even know will mesh in Ottawa still. He's still being paid for his 4 30G seasons that ended 3 years ago.

Avs71

Aug 12, 2008
O'Reilly woke up happier than usual today.

There's no way he will see himself fit to make less than a guy like Bobby Ryan in 2 years.

JoemAvs

Jul 2, 2011
Good deal for Ryan and the Sens.
They really could not afford to let him walk and he could have gotten 8 M+ if he would have had a good year.

ROR will command (and get) more than that. We will see if it will be the Avs footing that bill or not.

RockLobster

King in the North
Jul 5, 2003
Kansas
Yep... this just set the market for ROR at 7.5+.

I don't see how this sets ROR's market at 7.5+

I'm a huge O'Reilly fan but he doesn't yet have the Offensive track record Ryan has (I believe O'Reilly can get there--he was pretty much at 30G last year).

I don't know, I would see this as setting the market for O'Reilly at around 7M

Pokecheque

I’ve been told it’s spelled “Pokecheck”
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2003
The Flatlands
www.armoredheadspace.com

I'm a huge O'Reilly fan but he doesn't yet have the Offensive track record Ryan has (I believe O'Reilly can get there--he was pretty much at 30G last year).

Yes, but Ryan, from what I understand, is completely inept defensively, whereas I think it's safe to say O'Reilly is elite. And O'Reilly hit 28 goals last season, if you were curious. I realize offensive numbers drive salaries more than anything, but I'm positive his defensive prowess will factor into it, whether the Avs want it to or not.

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2012

Add in 1 more year of contract inflation on top of Ryan's contract, Ryan is past his prime and hasn't been a 30g scorer for a few years (didn't look that good last year... will probably hit ~25 this year), ROR's all around game is much better, and ROR is going to command very top dollar to keep him. It will take 7.5+ to re-sign him.

Freudian

Clearly deranged
Jul 3, 2003
Ryan O'Reilly just got really excited. He's a better player than Ryan is.

Duchene2MacKinnon

In the hands of Genius
Aug 8, 2006

He might not have put better offensive players but ROR is the best 2 way player in the past 25 years.

I don't really think this changes O'riellys' stance, either way it's going to be an uphill battle to get him signed long term.

If he was still in the midst of putting up back to back 30+ goal seasons I would think he's worth it. However it looks like that part of his career may be gone already. In his last 116 games he's only done 34G 44A, that's only a couple points more than his best single season, but in 34 more games.

Seems like a lot for a guy you don't even know will mesh in Ottawa still. He's still being paid for his 4 30G seasons that ended 3 years ago.

There's a lot of negativity around the team right now... cheap owner/alfie leaving. This is a good deal for the sens as long as Ryan doesn't decline horribly.

... and Karlsson just named captain, guess they want to create some buzz for the fans before the season.

Last edited:

ABasin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 4, 2002
7mil for a player like Ryan is downright idiotic.

Depends. Are they paying the young guy who bagged four straight 30 goal seasons? Or the low-20 goal guy from the last two seasons?

Ivan13

Not posting anymore
May 3, 2011
Zagreb, Croatia
Depends. Are they paying the young guy who bagged four straight 30 goal seasons? Or the low-20 goal guy from the last two seasons?

He's not getting 30 when he's going to be the main focus of opposing teams defense, he's nothing special. If he's worth 7, Radar is a bargain with his cap hit.

Tweaky

Solid #2
Sponsor
Apr 5, 2009
Singapore/Thailand
He might not have put better offensive players but ROR is the best 2 way player in the past 25 years.

Um, this is a time I really wish there was a sarcasm font. I seem to recall this being said at some point in one of the threads about ROR's negotiations, but was never sure who really meant it. Was it said by someone in Radar's camp (I could see his dad spouting something like this)? Or was it a fan on here, either serious or mocking the attitude of the O'Reilly team? Or do you really believe that?

Cousin Eddie

You Serious Clark?
Nov 3, 2006
I had Bobby Ryan in a fantasy pool because he was in a contract year and he seems like the type of guy who might show up to earn money.

I just traded Bobby Ryan....

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2012
Um, this is a time I really wish there was a sarcasm font. I seem to recall this being said at some point in one of the threads about ROR's negotiations, but was never sure who really meant it. Was it said by someone in Radar's camp (I could see his dad spouting something like this)? Or was it a fan on here, either serious or mocking the attitude of the O'Reilly team? Or do you really believe that?

Apparently there was a packet put forth by ROR's camp that said something to that extent during the first negotiations.

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2012
Andy Strickland ‏@andystrickland 2m2 minutes ago
Nate Prosser leaves the ice early. Placed on waivers yesterday. #stlblues

Sounds like somebody claimed him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad