Out of Town Scoreboard - Preseason & Regular Season 2019 - 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
O/U bad goals against Jones?
Definitely gotta be at least one.

He almost always allows at least one softy against Vegas, unless he gets a shutout.

And he also allows a goal on the first shot in season openers almost all the time.

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
There we go

First shot on goal against Jones, already a goal against.

I mean, I'm not gonna count it as stoppable though.

But Vlasic needs to be old yellered. If they don't do that, they at least need to cut his minutes down by A LOT.

Reactions: palek1019

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
2-0 VGK.

Holy shit, Dalton Prout is HORRIFIC.

Their defense is worse than ours. Prout made the opening night roster.

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
I said this before tonight, but the Sharks are a real sleeper team for me to do terribly this year.

They could be a BAD team this year if the goaltending isn't vastly improved from last year.

And aside from goaltending, they have real potential to be a bad team this year.

Reactions: Devils Army

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Saw this posted on the main board GDT. @Bleedred will like this

I mentioned that he seems to almost always allow a goal on the first shot in season openers.

And that was even before he got scored on tonight on the first shot.

I didn't think he had a chance on either goal tonight though. He hasn't been bad (yet) tonight. He was horrific in the final preseason game the other night, which was also in Vegas. Allowed 4 goals and at least 3 of them were stoppable.

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
This Canucks/Oilers game looks boring, but I turned it on just in time to see a pretty nice goal by McDavid.

Might wind up being the game winner.

VoidCreature

Before you see the light, you must die.
Mar 6, 2015
New Jersey
I said this before tonight, but the Sharks are a real sleeper team for me to do terribly this year.

They could be a BAD team this year if the goaltending isn't vastly improved from last year.

And aside from goaltending, they have real potential to be a bad team this year.

Why is that? I know they lost Pavelski, and Martin Jones is trash garbage for sure, but shouldn't they have the depth to sustain a loss like that?

You watch them way more than me.

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Why is that? I know they lost Pavelski, and Martin Jones is trash garbage for sure, but shouldn't they have the depth to sustain a loss like that?

You watch them way more than me.
If Jones plays league average they should probably be a playoff team. If he struggles, they might not be. And if he’s nearly as bad as last year, they almost definitely won’t be.

They got rid of Braun, which helps, but they have other pylons back there. They actually have Dalton Prout on the roster and in-game action. Vlasic is the biggest pylon of all. Andy Greene is currently better.

I’m also wondering if they’ll score a lot this year. Thornton is 40 now.

I think they’re a sleeper pick to be a pretty bad team, but just a sleeper. Not a lock or even favorable to be a really bad team.

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Goals against review for tonight. The inaugural one for the 2019-2020 season.

Senators vs Maple Leafs: 5 goals against Anderson, 1 stoppable. 3 goals against Andersen, no chance on any. I could have nailed Andersen on the last goal he allowed tonight, because he did give the puck away, but my rule on that is that I don't count it as a stoppable goal if one of his teammates gets control of the puck again in between his turnover/gaffe and the goal being scored on it. Tyson Barrie gets a stick on that in between the Andersen giveaway and the eventual goal against.

Capitals vs Blues: 2 goals against Holtby, no chance on either. 3 goals against Binnington, 1 stoppable. I thought the Vrana OT winner was a bad one. Squeaked through Binnington after going off of him.

Canucks vs Oilers: 3 goals against Markstrom, 1 stoppable. 2 goals against Smith, 1 stoppable. The stoppable one on Smith was a one timer, but he was in position for it and it just squeaked through him. It was one of those vintage Mike Smith softies.

Sharks vs Golden Knights: 4 goals against Jones, no chance on any. 1 goal against Fleury and it's stoppable. Really can't find anything Jones should have done on any of those 4 goals. They were all backdoor plays or from in close. Literally no chance on any of them.

So that's 23 goals scored on goalies tonight, 5 are stoppable. That's 22% of the goals scored tonight were stoppable. Combined save percentages were .903%.

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Softy of the night has to be the Vrana goal on Binnington. Binnington looks like he knows he should have had it and I'm sure he'd tell you he should have had it.

The 29th Pick

Still Alive !
Dec 7, 2007
Northvale N.J.
Best goal scorer in the last 20+ years
source.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad