OT: Out of town scoreboard -- division, conference and league wide talk

Prominence Problem

"Some may never live, but the crazy never die."
Sponsor
Dec 14, 2002
Blue Jay Way..
Picking a team coming out of the West is going to be hard. All 4 seem to have their flaws.

I am still going with Dallas. If goalie can figure it out, I think they're the deepest team left.

Reactions: violaswallet

WaitingForThatCab

#1 Nick Cousins Fan Account
Mar 11, 2017
I want McDavid to get a cup so that the McDavid superfans -- probably the only group of people on this website more insufferable than Laffs or Habs fans -- can chill out and shut up about how great he is in every single main thread ever posted. But I don't see Edmonton doing much. They beat up a really flawed (IMO) Kings team and have looked useless at even strength vs Vegas.

Oettinger has looked very fallible which is bad for Dallas. I think it's probably going to be Vegas. Seattle/Dallas finale is gonna be must-see television.

I am not exposed

Mar 16, 2014
Vancouver
I want McDavid to get a cup so that the McDavid superfans -- probably the only group of people on this website more insufferable than Laffs or Habs fans -- can chill out and shut up about how great he is in every single main thread ever posted. But I don't see Edmonton doing much. They beat up a really flawed (IMO) Kings team and have looked useless at even strength vs Vegas.

Oettinger has looked very fallible which is bad for Dallas. I think it's probably going to be Vegas. Seattle/Dallas finale is gonna be must-see television.

Crosby fans are worse. Really clutching at straws even though it is obvious McDavid is the better player.

KW

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 21, 2006
I’m revising my opinion of Krakers. I want them. Their PP is even worse than ours was!

KW

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 21, 2006
Dallas is surprising me. They’re forechecking and skating just as much as Kraken.

RogerRoger

Jul 23, 2013
Where was this for Atlanta? Insane they plan on playing next year in that college arena with zero arena plans.
The same year the Yotes were also threatening to move, but Glendale gave 50M plus a 15M a year contract and they had an arena. So the NHL hold on to them.

There was no City support in Atlanta. The ownership group had been trying to sell for years (since they bought it actually) and couldn't find anyone willing to buy the team for 110M. Technically, it would have been possible for the NHL to buy a second team, but they would have needed to play in (what's now) Gas South Arena. But think about it, they couldn't find a buyer for 110M, how would they find a buyer for 110M willing to also spend +300M to build an arena? The Yotes had the arena and the NHL can always make a shady deal to have a puppet owner until a real one comes by, no such luck for Atlanta.

Reactions: I am not exposed

KW

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 21, 2006
The big picture IMO really is that the NHL wants to add/expand and not admit failure in Phoenix, just like was already stated.

Moving the team would be a strike against more than Phoenix.

Reactions: PSLguy

KW

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 21, 2006
So one of the first pictures you still see on nhl.com is this one, I’m getting sick of it by now. One didn’t make it, one out in first round, one out in second.

IMG_7951.jpeg

violaswallet

Apr 8, 2019
The same year the Yotes were also threatening to move, but Glendale gave 50M plus a 15M a year contract and they had an arena. So the NHL hold on to them.

There was no City support in Atlanta. The ownership group had been trying to sell for years (since they bought it actually) and couldn't find anyone willing to buy the team for 110M. Technically, it would have been possible for the NHL to buy a second team, but they would have needed to play in (what's now) Gas South Arena. But think about it, they couldn't find a buyer for 110M, how would they find a buyer for 110M willing to also spend +300M to build an arena? The Yotes had the arena and the NHL can always make a shady deal to have a puppet owner until a real lol one comes by, no such luck for Atlanta.
ASG (the only thing worse than Massholes) decided to sell right after the end of the season and refused to allow whoever wanted to buy to use Phillips Arena. there were one or two groups willing to buy if they could use the arena. I’m not sure if Gwinnett was ever an option

Alas it would have been like the Panthers relocating in 18-19 when there was a glimpse of hope finally

I am not exposed

Mar 16, 2014
Vancouver
So one of the first pictures you still see on nhl.com is this one, I’m getting sick of it by now. One didn’t make it, one out in first round, one out in second.

View attachment 709752

The first picture I see has the headline fantastic 4 with pictures of players from the remaining teams.

The picture you posted looks like a generic picture for how to watch games on the NHL. Not sure why you would be upset when they show some of the biggest stars of the game on this picture. Seems to be making something out of nothing here.

KW

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 21, 2006
The first picture I see has the headline fantastic 4 with pictures of players from the remaining teams.

The picture you posted looks like a generic picture for how to watch games on the NHL. Not sure why you would be upset when they show some of the biggest stars of the game on this picture. Seems to be making something out of nothing here.
Not sure why you’d care about what I’m upset about, but thanks, I guess.

I am not exposed

Mar 16, 2014
Vancouver
Not sure why you’d care about what I’m upset about, but thanks, I guess.

No worries. Just an odd comment to make. Especially when I scroll through NHL.com and pretty much every picture is a player/team that are still in the playoffs. Weird flex to have for one picture.

zeroG

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 5, 2006
Somerville, MA
ASG (the only thing worse than Massholes) decided to sell right after the end of the season and refused to allow whoever wanted to buy to use Phillips Arena. there were one or two groups willing to buy if they could use the arena. I’m not sure if Gwinnett was ever an option

Alas it would have been like the Panthers relocating in 18-19 when there was a glimpse of hope finally

as the resident masshole, go f*** yourself! :naughty:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad