OT: Out of town scoreboard -- division, conference and league wide talk

TheImpatientPanther

Jan 17, 2013
Ontario, Canada
Figured there should be a dedicated NHL scoreboard thread, to discuss other team reviews, player reviews etc for our division, conference and league.

Currently watching the Stars - Sens game.

Miss Marchment a ton and like the style Dallas plays. Once Benns deal is done, they should be able to really fill out this team depth wise, the offense is getting there.

Senators are fun to watch but will be a handful for us in the 3 games we play them. Their D is pretty thin of course and goaltending is average IMO.
They remind me a bit of us last year but just overall younger and less experienced

Anyone else watching other teams/games so far?

Chaos2k7

Believe!
Aug 10, 2003
Costa Rica
Figured there should be a dedicated NHL scoreboard thread, to discuss other team reviews, player reviews etc for our division, conference and league.

Currently watching the Stars - Sens game.

Miss Marchment a ton and like the style Dallas plays. Once Benns deal is done, they should be able to really fill out this team depth wise, the offense is getting there.

Senators are fun to watch but will be a handful for us in the 3 games we play them. Their D is pretty thin of course and goaltending is average IMO.
They remind me a bit of us last year but just overall younger and less experienced

Anyone else watching other teams/games so far?
Not buying any of Habs, Sens, Sabres, or Red Wings. You'll see.

austropanther

Jul 21, 2015
Bregenz
Strange how badly MIN has performed so far - at least results wise. They did not have many changes on their roster - the Fiala loss is significant, everything else is pretty much the same. Flower has not been good though at all...
Hoping for Rossi to find his groove - when they actually let him play

Little Bobby Boo

Jul 30, 2014
Strange how badly MIN has performed so far - at least results wise. They did not have many changes on their roster - the Fiala loss is significant, everything else is pretty much the same. Flower has not been good though at all...
Hoping for Rossi to find his groove - when they actually let him play
Minny is dealing with the same problem we are, but on an EXTREME level.

$13M in dead cap is basically a death blow. Gets closer to 15 the following two years, too.

Reactions: Chaos2k7

austropanther

Jul 21, 2015
Bregenz
Minny is dealing with the same problem we are, but on an EXTREME level.

$13M in dead cap is basically a death blow. Gets closer to 15 the following two years, too.
That is true. Nevertheless this should not an impact on the on-ice performance since they basically have the same line-up as last year - except for Fiala.

But as it is the same as for our team, it's only a few games into the season. They should come around soon enough

TheImpatientPanther

Jan 17, 2013
Ontario, Canada
Not buying any of Habs, Sens, Sabres, or Red Wings. You'll see.

The Senators will make it interesting for playoff seeding but ya I just think they're another year away, they will be exciting to watch offensively but I think some of the better defensive teams can snuff that out and once that happens, the defense and goaltending will be exposed.

In saying that, they did overwhelm Dallas for large stretches of the game last night, Wedgewood kept Dallas in it most of the game. Think they run out of gas and will need more help on backend next year to become a real playoff team/threat.

But I agree with the other teams you listed

TheImpatientPanther

Jan 17, 2013
Ontario, Canada
Well the habs board was cheering for the panthers loss last night against chicago. Just FYI
Montreal has nothing to cheer about for the next 5 years so they will eventually shut up when they draft someone in the 20th range and ruin his development just like they've done the last 15 years or so.

Erd7hIDXMAQ4Sct.png

Reactions: I am not exposed

KW

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 21, 2006
I guess when you keep losing in Montreal, at least you can claim that you’re losing in a historic setting (with a lot of past winners spinning in their graves).

• Haha

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad