Out of Town Scoreboard 2018-19 Regular Season begins!

Status
Not open for further replies.

AveryQuietMan

free chinese food for everyone
Oct 2, 2017
Surely you're being facetious. There's no way you can have sustainable success with a shooting percentage anywhere near that low.

no im not. if the shooting pct is low and you still win..... what does it matter?

Blender

Dec 2, 2009
They may be, but right now it's way too early to write them off
If we had their record and their performance you'd be flooding our team thread with doom and gloom. They've been trash to start, of course that can change but they were terrible last year, so I don't expect much improvement.

manilaNJ

Optimism: Unwavering
Mar 5, 2012
New Jersey
They may be, but right now it's way too early to write them off

Arizona is absolutely the kind of team you can write off right now.
They were one of the worst teams in the league last year and were 2nd last only to Buffalo in terms of goals scored

What'd they do this summer... add Grabner and swap Domi for Galchenyuk ?

This is who they are unless the rest of the West falls off completely.

RangerDoggo

The Devils have a culture of failure
Feb 3, 2016
Brooklyn via NJ, like the Nets
You know the boys’ club is alive and well in this league when MacLean can still land a job as a coach, in spite of his awful track record. Add that to Tocchet being head coach... ew. I guess that’s the trade off for having a guy like Chayka as GM. He needs to fire the coaches into the sun. The Coyotes should not be this bad.

Also, Canucks fans aren’t allowed to have nice things, apparently.

Reactions: Bleedred

BurntToast

May 27, 2007
Saratoga, New York
The scores/standings have been surprising. Teams winning by 7, to lose by 8 the next day. Ducks up by 3 lose by 5. Habs and Sens winning. Panthers are not. Vegas struggling to score even with a win. ( Those Philly 3rd jersey are awful. It’s hard to see the names or the numbers and the orange arm band is too much) Canes number one!?

MadDevil

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 10, 2007
Bismarck, ND
The scores/standings have been surprising. Teams winning by 7, to lose by 8 the next day. Ducks up by 3 lose by 5. Habs and Sens winning. Panthers are not. Vegas struggling to score even with a win. ( Those Philly 3rd jersey are awful. It’s hard to see the names or the numbers and the orange arm band is too much) Canes number one!?

Early season madness when nobody can remember how to play defense. It'll be interesting to see how long it lasts.

Nubmer6

Sleep is a poor substitute for caffeine
Sponsor
Jul 14, 2013
The Village
Am I the only one who is beyond annoyed to read ‘Rawley’ every goddamn day? Here are some better options:

Raleigh
Carolina
Hurricanes
Is "Canes" out of the question?

2k2ldy.gif

MadDevil

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 10, 2007
Bismarck, ND
The Canes logo has always reminded me of a toilet being flushed. I'm not sure how to work it into a smartass nickname though.

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Before I review the goals against, I just wanted to say, those Flyers jerseys today were hideous. Looked like some kind of Halloween jersey.

Reactions: DEVILS130

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
My review on tonight's goals against. There were a lot of games.

Golden Knights vs Flyers: No chance for Elliott on the only goal he allowed, Fleury with the shutout.

Oilers vs Rangers: Talbot allows 1 goal and has no chance. Lundqvist allows 2 goals and no chance. The one that beat him through the legs was from the backdoor and he wasn't even really set.

Kings vs Senators: Jack Campbell allows 4 goals. No chance on the first 3 goals, but the fourth goal was a stoppable one. Budaj allows 1 goal in relief and no chance. Anderson allows 1 goal and no chance on it.

Red Wings vs Bruins: Bernier allows 8 goals and 3 of them are very stoppable. And I'm not even dinging him on the 5-hole deke that he almost had, but went over the line. Rask allowed 2 goals 1 was stoppable.

Canucks vs Panthers: Reimer allows 3 goals and 2 of them were stoppable, though one of the stoppable ones was a penalty shot. Anders Nilsson allows 2 goals no chance on either. First goal was borderline though, but I'm not dinging him on it for the one timer.

Hurricanes vs Wild: McElhinney allows 4 goals and 2 of them were stoppable. That game tying fourth goal was absolutely pathetic. Not sure how that got in. Dubnyk allows 5 goals (on like 56 shots) and I thought he had no chance on the first 4 goals, but the 5th goal and OT winner was kind of stoppable.

Blue Jackets vs Lightning: Bobrovsky allows 8 goals. This was kind of like Brian Elliott the other night. Had a chance on just one of the goals and it was the 7th goal he allowed. He didn't play as bad on the eyes as Bernier did when he allowed 8 goals in the game this afternoon. Vasilevskiy allows 2 goals and no chance on either.

Maple Leafs vs Capitals: Andersen allows 2 goals, 1 was stoppable. Holtby allows 4 goals and I didn't think he really had a chance on any of them.

Islanders vs Predators: Saros allows 2 goals and 1 was stoppable. Lehner allows 4 goals and 1 was stoppable.

Penguins vs Canadiens: DeSmith allows 3 goals and 1 was stoppable. Niemi allows 3 goals and had no chance on any of them.

Ducks vs Stars: Gibson allows 4 goals and 1 was stoppable. Miller allows 0 goals in relief. Khudobin allows 3 goals and doesn't have a chance on any of them.

Sabres vs Coyotes: Raanta allows 3 goals and didn't have a chance on any of them. Ullmark gets the shutout.

Blues vs Blackhawks: Allen allows 4 goals and 1 was stoppable. Ward allows 3 goals and 2 were beyond pathetic. Retire already, you worthless never-was.

Flames vs Avalanche: Rittich (Not sure if I spelled that right? Flames backup goalies) allows 2 goals and has a chance on neither of them. Varlamov allows 3 goals and 1 was stoppable.

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
That brutal 5-hole goal on Ward that everyone in the crowd groaned when it went in (looked like a routine shot and save) and short side goal on McElhinney deserve the softy of the night.

Reactions: David Conte

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
Same here - I was part of the vocal minority that thought between all their key players wanting trades, getting tired of Torts and having a couple of brutal playoff losses that they were due for a bit of a step back.

I think i still put them making the playoffs, but said a bunch of times how unimpressed I was with their roster. I think it was more a lack of faith in the Canes to take their spot.

DEVILS130

Aug 14, 2008
PA
Went with my friend (a flyers fan) to the Flyers-Knights game yesterday. Man what a boring game. Only exciting moments were the epic saves by Fleury. I debated wearing my Nico jersey but I also wanted to make it out alive :laugh:

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
no im not. if the shooting pct is low and you still win..... what does it matter?

You can't win with a shooting percentage THAT low for any long period of time...think about it, if you have a 2% shooting percentage that's one goal every fifty shots and most teams don't get fifty shots in a game. How are you going to consistently win with that? Maybe for a game or two, but that's it. They've been shut out three of their four games lol. Shooting percentage is a better indicator of success than just mere shots on goal.

Reactions: manilaNJ

TheUnseenHand

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 5, 2010
Went with my friend (a flyers fan) to the Flyers-Knights game yesterday. Man what a boring game. Only exciting moments were the epic saves by Fleury. I debated wearing my Nico jersey but I also wanted to make it out alive :laugh:

You are usually ok at afternoon games in Philly. I've never had a problem anyway. Just be respectful.

Reactions: sabremike

Ripshot 43

Jul 21, 2010

You are usually ok at afternoon games in Philly. I've never had a problem anyway. Just be respectful.

Yea, you only get one beer thrown at you instead of two :laugh:

SpeakingOfTheDevils

Devils Advocate
Jan 22, 2010
Philadelphia, PA

I just bought tickets to our game there next Saturday. I go to most of our games in Philly, and usually don't have a problem.

It's fun when we win, but absolute torture when we lose. Their fans are mouth-breathing tards.

Reactions: mtnet

Cult of Hynes

Hynes is never wrong.
Nov 9, 2010
Carolina looks a lot faster and more dangerous early this year than they ever did last year. If they get just some average - above average goaltending, they'll make the playoffs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad