Out of Town Scoreboard 2018-19 Regular Season begins!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
I dunno, the Red Wings have the worst defense corps in the NHL bar none. Even the Islanders with Sbisa and possibly Seidenberg isn’t that bad, and it’s certainly not as old. They’ll be terrible in spite of Holland’s delusional thinking.
I think the Red Wings could be bottom 5. It's just that Holland constructed them in the way that looks like they'll fall just short of being REALLY bad, and just be pretty bad instead.

Holland really sucks. Another guy that's lost his mind to Mars and is leaving on an old and heavily dated reputation.

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Just checking out highlights from tonight. Holtby was awful. Remember, he had a very poor regular season last year. Right down there in Cory territory. Suppose he doesn’t bounce back and has another poor season?

And Mrazek also looked pathetic. Guy looked like most of the crappy AHL goalies that teams got playing for them during the preseason. Darling has actually played well when I’ve looked at the scores and all his goals allowed. Mrazek has been absolutely brutal.

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Maybe Darling was subject to Bill Peters being terrible for goalies and we’ll see him get better under a new coach and system.
He was legitimately horrific last year. I went back and watched every goal he allowed last year, just because people were blaming Peters system and what I found was that somewhere between 59%-60% of the goals he allowed were stoppable and failed the eye test. Just in our game against him in February. He allowed 5 goals and literally 4 of them ranged from stoppable to absolutely hideous. Some of the worst goals I saw last year were allowed by him. Including that shot lobbed from center ice from a Ranger, that wound up going in. That was the cleanest center ice goal you’ll ever see, as they usually need to hit either a player or a patch in the ice to go in from there.

Peters system was the last reason for his pathetic season last year. If anything, it could have been that it became mental and his confidence was shot after starting the season poorly and he never recovered.

I think he’ll be better this year, as you have to try harder to be as bad as he was last year than to just be bad. He was far beyond bad.

Ripshot 43

Jul 21, 2010
Just checking out highlights from tonight. Holtby was awful. Remember, he had a very poor regular season last year. Right down there in Cory territory. Suppose he doesn’t bounce back and has another poor season?

And Mrazek also looked pathetic. Guy looked like most of the crappy AHL goalies that teams got playing for them during the preseason. Darling has actually played well when I’ve looked at the scores and all his goals allowed. Mrazek has been absolutely brutal.

I legit think you should keep a spreadsheet throughout the year and update us nightly on how many goals were stoppable by goalies so we can see the progress throughout the year. I’ve always wanted to do this but don’t have the patience to stick with it lol.

TheUnseenHand

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 5, 2010
Kerfoot has been looking surprisingly good. Much better than I thought he was capable of.

Ripshot 43

Jul 21, 2010
ABF99891-DA91-4F95-9E3C-EE5BE529F746.jpeg

You rang?
Also 10 PIMs through 5 games, he's got that grit that we need.

Devils Dominion

Now we Plummet
Feb 16, 2007
NJ

Let's see how he does when it counts.
This is the first time that he is clearly the #1 netminder on a team.

Blender

Dec 2, 2009
Let's see how he does when it counts.
This is the first time that he is clearly the #1 netminder on a team.
No it's not. He was the starter in 15-16 and 16-17, but was so terrible in 16-17 and 17-18 that Detroit has chosen to keep a 34 year old Howard over a 26 year old Mrazek.

Reactions: Bleedred

Devils Dominion

Now we Plummet
Feb 16, 2007
NJ
No it's not. He was the starter in 15-16 and 16-17, but was so terrible in 16-17 and 17-18 that Detroit has chosen to keep a 34 year old Howard over a 26 year old Mrazek.

Howard and him split.

He's being given the keys in Rawly now, let's see if his talent finally clicks.
*Hopefully not

Blender

Dec 2, 2009
Howard and him split.

*Hopefully not
He played 54 games in 15-16 and 50 in 16-17, he was the clear starter until they had enough of him. Most starting goalies only play in the 55-65 game range anymore.

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Howard and him split.

*Hopefully not
He was their starter in 15-16 and had a pretty good season. He was their starter in 16-17 and had a horrific season.

Mrazek sucks.

When a goalie has that many games (believe me, I put Schneider in the same category because of his last 100+ games over the last two seasons) and two years worth of brutal goaltending, it's officially become a trend and they do not deserve the benefit of the doubt anymore.

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Oilers and the German tean they’re playing are all tied up at 3 in the 3rd period.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad