Out of Town Scoreboard 2018-19 Regular Season begins!

Status
Not open for further replies.

sabremike

Friend To All Giraffes And Lindy Ruff
Aug 30, 2010
Brewster, NY
Hall hasn't played a single second so far correct? And hasn't Nico only played one game so far. May be going on a limb here but I think that MIGHT have something to do with the team being winless so far.

Cult of Hynes

Hynes is never wrong.
Nov 9, 2010
Hall hasn't played a single second so far correct? And hasn't Nico only played one game so far. May be going on a limb here but I think that MIGHT have something to do with the team being winless so far.

Hal and Hischier have only played one game.

Reactions: sabremike

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Cam Ward and Jimmy Howard suck.

So does Anders Nilsson, but hopefully we all knew that.

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Good news for everybody (probably only one or two people) that's still salty about us losing Scott Wedgewood.

He played tonight, on national TV for the Sabres in the Kraft Hockeyville game. Goals 2 and 3 were pathetic and went right through him. Goal 4 wasn't good either. Don't care if Panarin was one of the goal scorers, Wedgewood still should have saved it and he sucks.

He went over half of regulation before he allowed a goal too.

You can see the replay right now on NHLN, the goal fest on him hasn't started yet.

Reactions: sabremike

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Chicago is going to be insanely bad.
I think they'll be worse than last year.

They're my dark horse pick for worst team in the league this year, but I don't think they'll be quite that bad. That's why it's a dark horse/sleeper.

I don't think Ottawa will be the worse, but they'll be bottom 3, maybe bottom 5 at the best. They're too easy to pick for worst team in the league. I think it will be Vancouver.

Detroit will be a bit better than most people think, which means bottom 6-10. Holland made sure to sign a few guys to keep them out of the basement. They should have went with Sateri as backup. Even if he winds up being better than Bernier, going out and signing Bernier doesn't tell me you're trying to rebuild or be bad. It tells me you're trying to be stuck in purgatory.

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Another big win for Rawly this preseason and a huge comeback win by your 2019 Stanley Cup Champs in South Florida.

Too lazy to insert my DD avatar.:sarcasm:

sabremike

Aug 30, 2010
Brewster, NY
Good news for everybody (probably only one or two people) that's still salty about us losing Scott Wedgewood.

He played tonight, on national TV for the Sabres in the Kraft Hockeyville game. Goals 2 and 3 were pathetic and went right through him. Goal 4 wasn't good either. Don't care if Panarin was one of the goal scorers, Wedgewood still should have saved it and he sucks.

He went over half of regulation before he allowed a goal too.

You can see the replay right now on NHLN, the goal fest on him hasn't started yet.
Oh Christ does he suck. He makes Chad Johnson look like Hasek.

Also it appears that it's an incredibly bad idea to get rid of your #2 center (And second best player) for 2 players who are Ebola on skates and depend on a kid who just turned 20 to fill the spot. Who would've thunk it? Between that and not firing that black hole of suck Phail Housley Botts is really f***ing terrible.

Reactions: Bleedred

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E

Also it appears that it's an incredibly bad idea to get rid of your #2 center (And second best player) for 2 players who are Ebola on skates and depend on a kid who just turned 20 to fill the spot. Who would've thunk it? Between that and not firing that black hole of suck Phail Housley Botts is really ****ing terrible.

Why the moment ROR was traded I never bought the idea that Buffalo could be a surprise team.

You can’t trade your best Vet forward and expect to be better with a team full of kids.

sabremike

Aug 30, 2010
Brewster, NY
Why the moment ROR was traded I never bought the idea that Buffalo could be a surprise team.

You can’t trade your best Vet forward and expect to be better with a team full of kids.
That's not an unreasonable take but the gigantic mistake wasn't trading him, it was not having a plan in place to end up with a credible replacement. Botts basically blew a giant hole into the roster with no real plan on how to fill it. It was really a Chiarelli level stupid move.

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
That's not an unreasonable take but the gigantic mistake wasn't trading him, it was not having a plan in place to end up with a credible replacement. Botts basically blew a giant hole into the roster with no real plan on how to fill it. It was really a Chiarelli level stupid move.

Wasn’t Mittlestadt the plan?, which if it was was a poor plan. Kid might have a very bright future, but no way was he ready to step right into the 2C role with no backup.

Why I didn’t like it. I didn’t see anyway to replace ROR effectively this season. They had a lot of young guys come in. Keep him around for now to help take the weight off and give the kids some wins to grow around.

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011

Also it appears that it's an incredibly bad idea to get rid of your #2 center (And second best player) for 2 players who are Ebola on skates and depend on a kid who just turned 20 to fill the spot. Who would've thunk it? Between that and not firing that black hole of suck Phail Housley Botts is really ****ing terrible.
Pierre pointed out that the Panarin goal only beat him because he moved his stick out of the way. If he had kept his stick down, the Panarin shot would have hit him.

sabremike

Aug 30, 2010
Brewster, NY
Wasn’t Mittlestadt the plan?, which if it was was a poor plan. Kid might have a very bright future, but no way was he ready to step right into the 2C role with no backup.
That is correct: the plan was to plug in a kid who just turned 20 with 6 whole NHL games under his belt at 2C and everything would be fine. This will come as a complete shock to nobody but Botts that it hasn't worked out and that Casey is likely headed to Rochester.

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
In before someone talks about how Henrique and Gibbons are lighting it up for the Ducks tonight.

And has Jack Campbell always been this bad? I know he's a well documented first round draft goalie bust, but he's looked awful in this game. 3 goals on 10 shots and at least 2 of them were very stoppable. I thought I was watching Scott Wedgewood again, but then I remembered he's with Buffalo now and not LA anymore. They gave up on him after last year too.

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
OOOFFFF

Another terrible softy on Campbell, this one was the worst of the night. A goal from a dead angle through the 5-hole. Even Brian Hayward was calling that one out and says he needed to stop it. I can think of 3 of these 4 goals that he should have stopped, but that was pathetic.

RangerDoggo

The Devils have a culture of failure
Feb 3, 2016
Brooklyn via NJ, like the Nets
Detroit will be a bit better than most people think, which means bottom 6-10. Holland made sure to sign a few guys to keep them out of the basement. They should have went with Sateri as backup. Even if he winds up being better than Bernier, going out and signing Bernier doesn't tell me you're trying to rebuild or be bad. It tells me you're trying to be stuck in purgatory.
I dunno, the Red Wings have the worst defense corps in the NHL bar none. Even the Islanders with Sbisa and possibly Seidenberg isn’t that bad, and it’s certainly not as old. They’ll be terrible in spite of Holland’s delusional thinking.

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Future Vezina winner got lit up.
Give Georgiev credit. Looks like he'll be a good one and will be neck and neck with Carter Hart, Christopher Gibson and Petr Mrazek in the Vezina race for years to come. The Metro is stacked with good, young goalies!:sarcasm:

Reactions: mtnet
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad