Out of Town Scoreboard 2017-18 season (Mod warning: post #6685 3/15)

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheUnseenHand

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 5, 2010
I'm gonna say something so ridiculous I didn't think I'd ever consider uttering such a thing... Crosby is so good he could make Mark Fraser look like an NHL player.

Reactions: Bleedred

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
I'm gonna say something so ridiculous I didn't think I'd ever consider uttering such a thing... Crosby is so good he could make Mark Fraser look like an NHL player.
LOL Don't go THAT far!

Probably should be worded ''Crosby is so good, he can make (insert random decent NHL player) look like Mark Fraser!''

TheUnseenHand

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 5, 2010
LOL Don't go THAT far!

Probably should be worded ''Crosby is so good, he can make (insert random decent NHL player) look like Mark Fraser!''

Honestly, I don't think either my statement or yours could be remotely true in reality.

mtnet

LGD!
Oct 31, 2014
There's good news

They signed Brian Elliott to replace him. Elliott was atrocious in the preseason.

Elliott always seems to be atrocious without Hitchcock. He's never had a good year without him, that's literally been the case. I don't really believe that there's a such thing as a system goalie, except maybe over short term stretches. Definitely not over a number of years though. If there is one though, I think it's Brian Elliott.

True, thought Elliott wasn't a great signing for Flames honestly and he definitely folded like a cheap suit for the most part in the playoffs. Team wasn't much help either, aside from Ducks the Flames led the league in penalties during the regular season and continued into the post season. I was surprised Elliott landed in philly, then again maybe I shouldn't be since they've whiffed on a steady #1 tender for years now.

I miss Mason mainly because I do not think he ever had a win against us as a Flyer, or if he did it was very very rare. Let's hope Elliott picks up where Mase left off.

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
True, thought Elliott wasn't a great signing for Flames honestly and he definitely folded like a cheap suit for the most part in the playoffs. Team wasn't much help either, aside from Ducks the Flames led the league in penalties during the regular season and continued into the post season. I was surprised Elliott landed in philly, then again maybe I shouldn't be since they've whiffed on a steady #1 tender for years now.

I miss Mason mainly because I do not think he ever had a win against us as a Flyer, or if he did it was very very rare. Let's hope Elliott picks up where Mase left off.
I thought the acquisition of Elliott was good for the Flames, but it turned out to be miserable. I figured that he may have just improved a lot since being on the Blues, and it wasn't Hitchcock's system. Maybe he really did and last year was just a bad season? I figured his play would slightly regress, just due to playing more games. I figured he wouldn't be a .930 guy while playing 60 games, like he did in St Louis.

Mason has exactly 0 wins against the Devils. Even when he shut us out in regulation, we somehow won the game 1-0 in OT haha.

Speaking of Philly goalies, I watched the Mighty Ducks on NHLN the other night, for the first time in at least 15, if not 20 years. I forgot all about Goldberg being a Flyers fan. It's really fitting that a character, who was portrayed as a terrible, terrible goaltender, even for pee wee standards, was a Flyers fan. And that movie came out right after Hextall's first Flyers tenured ended. So they were only a few years into their goalie graveyard period. It's funny to see that, then see what's happened the next 25 years in Philadelphia. There's been Goldberg after Goldberg in the Philly nets.

Reactions: mtnet

mtnet

LGD!
Oct 31, 2014
Marleau needs the hatty tonight

Mase out, in doing so they just said Helly was pulled 8 times last year

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
Man could there BE any worse start to a season than losing 6-0 at home?! They might blow the whole thing up two weeks in a la Columbus a couple years ago.

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
It sounded like a large pop from the crowd, after the Leafs scored again.

Are Winnipeg fans already embracing the tank? Or are they just hoping the losing gets Chevy and Maurice outta there faster?

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007

Are Winnipeg fans already embracing the tank? Or are they just hoping the losing gets Chevy and Maurice outta there faster?

Probably the latter. How many fanbases are REALLY all invested in the loser mentality of the tank from day one approach, at least the sth's who go to games? Even New York Jet fans were behind the last two wins.

But without spending any time on the Jets board I could definitely see a lot of anti-management backlash.

Cheddabombs

Status Quo
Mar 13, 2012
*looks at the Leafs/Jets score*

DLVSRFrX0AAwH5A.jpg

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
I'm annoyed they got those two garbagetime goals, I was starting to count down the minutes to a Freddy shutout lol. Don't think I'm getting a lot of shutouts this season between Freddy and Jake Allen who doesn't have Marty in his ear anymore.

DerekDevils30

Feb 2, 2007
Manitoba

The crowd was at least 30% Leaf fans. There are a TON of them around here.

The Wumpus

bottomless pit supervisor
May 9, 2011
Morristown, NJ
I don't understand Winnipeg. How can a team so big, fast, and skilled be so awful? They have the pieces to win now, but have the be the league's most brutally under-preforming team.

Reactions: RNCDevil

Cheddabombs

Status Quo
Mar 13, 2012
I have the Oilers pre-game on in the background while I wait for the actual thing to start, I think they said Larsson has an "A" this season. That's pretty neat.

Cheddabombs

Status Quo
Mar 13, 2012
McDavid is so fun to watch, need to make it a point to tune in to more of their games this season

sabremike

Friend To All Giraffes And Lindy Ruff
Aug 30, 2010
Brewster, NY
I don't know what the greatest thing about that Leafs player getting a penalty for an improper visor was: the fact that he was warned by the ref and just ignored him or that he was grandfathered into the league and didn't even need to wear a visor in the first place.

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
f*** the Blues.

I hope they lose this game, after Pittsburgh tied it. The goalie controversy is already starting. I figured if they won this game so convincingly, the overrating and hype of them would be out of control after this game. ''Beat the champs on opening night! Cup here we come!''

I'm turning on NHLN for the Sharks/Flyers.

Maybe they didn't make a goalie change. He was just skating over for the timeout.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad