Out of Town Scoreboard 2017-18 season II: Playoff Push

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
You and Bleed have been beating the same drum. I don't believe they will!
I just don’t think Florida is good enough, that’s why.

They weren’t supposed to make the playoffs this year, not after they gave Vegas two good forwards and traded a good defenseman for a scrub to dump salary.

The fact of the matter is that if we don’t get it together, they’re going to get in, because that’s just all that’s left. I wouldn’t be surprised if we took a nosedive here and Florida takes a bit of one, but still gets in with 90 points or so, if we lose both of these next two, especially in regulation. I don’t think Florida is gonna continue to stay hot, but they don’t need to in order to make the playoffs as long as they don’t completely fade and we fade instead. I don’t think the Panthers are gonna win almost every game down the stretch like the people that are smoking their dust do.

And once a year there’s a team that shouldn’t get in the playoffs and does anyway, sometimes even three teams and sometimes one in each conference. Florida is that team for me this year. I just don’t believe in them, I’m not a believer in them being good this year. The biggest difference between our teams is that they don’t have a defenseman as bad as Greene getting big minutes and that old guy in net is better than anybody we have.

theoptimist

Trade Siegenthaler
Apr 22, 2014
Atlanta, Georgia
I just don’t think Florida is good enough, that’s why.

They weren’t supposed to make the playoffs this year, not after they gave Vegas two good forwards and traded a good defenseman for a scrub to dump salary.

The fact of the matter is that if we don’t get it together, they’re going to get in, because that’s just all that’s left. I wouldn’t be surprised if we took a nosedive here and Florida takes a bit of one, but still gets in with 90 points or so, if we lose both of these next two, especially in regulation. I don’t think Florida is gonna continue to stay hot, but they don’t need to in order to make the playoffs as long as they don’t completely fade and we fade instead. I don’t think the Panthers are gonna win almost every game down the stretch like the people that are smoking their dust do.

And once a year there’s a team that shouldn’t get in the playoffs and does anyway, sometimes even three teams and sometimes one in each conference. Florida is that team for me this year. I just don’t believe in them, I’m not a believer in them being good this year. The biggest difference between our teams is that they don’t have a defenseman as bad as Greene getting big minutes and that old guy in net is better than anybody we have.

We're that team that sneaks in

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
We're that team that sneaks in
I think we can, but we gotta win these games. If we get 1 or 0 points this weekend, it's probably over unless Florida loses almost all of their games down the stretch.

We need at least 2 points here.

If the Blue Jays crap out against the Panthers and even allow them a point, we are out of a playoff spot for the first all season. They tie us in point and still would have one game in hand, I think?

How the f*** does Florida still have so many games in hand? Did they have a cancellation game due to weather at some point this season? I thought one of their Boston games was previously cancelled due to a snowstorm, which is why they played them 4 times in the last 3 weeks of the season? And we're the team that got the extra f***in bye week back in October, which left us with games in hand for the longest time.

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
How the **** does Florida still have so many games in hand? Did they have a cancellation game due to weather at some point this season? I thought one of their Boston games was previously cancelled due to a snowstorm, which is why they played them 4 times in the last 3 weeks of the season? And we're the team that got the extra ****in bye week back in October, which left us with games in hand for the longest time.

Yeah that was mentioned in the team thread before the latest debate class happened. That snowout is definitely a reason they've been sitting with multiple games in hand for most of the season, and that makeup game is gonna be played after everyone else is done with their 82 so they'll still have a game in hand on April 8 :P

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Yeah that was mentioned in the team thread before the latest debate class happened. That snowout is definitely a reason they've been sitting with multiple games in hand for most of the season, and that makeup game is gonna be played after everyone else is done with their 82 so they'll still have a game in hand on April 8 :P
That's brutal.

The Blue Jackets better f***in beat them in regulation tomorrow. They're on a 7 game winning streak? Or is it 8? They better win that game in regulation, but it's not really much help if we don't get at least 2 points this weekend in these next two games.

And since we don't do OT losses anymore that means we're gonna have to go 1-1-0, since we can't go 0-0-2.

TheUnseenHand

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 5, 2010
We are also 4-6 out of our last 10. Not doing ourselves any favors

That's what this team is though, and that's why I don't buy the "just take care of business" argument. We can expect to go at or just under .500 for the remaining games. That what the history of this season has shown us. So we really need to hope some teams wheels fall off. And not our wheels.

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
That's what this team is though, and that's why I don't buy the "just take care of business" argument. We can expect to go at or just under .500 for the remaining games. That what the history of this season has shown us. So we really need to hope some teams wheels fall off. And not our wheels.

That isn’t going to do it most likely barring some luck. They have to do it themselves and break that trend starting Friday.

5-4-1 for 93 points could be enough and is more likely due to how the team has performed lately, but it requires a lot more outside help.

I honestly think that one win will be the difference. 5 wins we most likely miss, 6 wins we most likely get in. I hate how thin that margin is, but it is what it is.

They can absolutely do it, but I am not totally convinced they will.

Last edited:

The 29th Pick

Still Alive !
Dec 7, 2007
Northvale N.J.
That's brutal.

The Blue Jackets better ****in beat them in regulation tomorrow. They're on a 7 game winning streak? Or is it 8? They better win that game in regulation, but it's not really much help if we don't get at least 2 points this weekend in these next two games.

And since we don't do OT losses anymore that means we're gonna have to go 1-1-0, since we can't go 0-0-2.
9 according to TSN

tmg

Jul 10, 2003
Ottawa
No wonder it's been so easy for me to get back from work on game days this year. (I live ~1.5 miles west of United Center and work ~2 miles east of it)

I knew they were bad this year, but not 4th team to be eliminated-level bad.

Well, to be clear, they are substantially better than Ottawa, Montreal, and Detroit... it’s just that the playoff threshold in the west is about 5 points higher than the east that makes eliminations come sooner for better teams in the west.

New Jersey

(pacmanghost x) sad again
Sep 7, 2009
*intro to the sopranos*
twitter.com
I lied. If Columbus doesn't win in regulation tonight, they suck and I look forward to their first-round exit at the hands of the Pens in front of crowds at Nationwide that are 40% black/gold.

Also relying on a tanking Rangers team, which is infuriating and makes me hate them even more. Even when they suck they still find a way to f*** us.

Last edited:
Reactions: mtnet and GameSeven

Sir Fenwick Corsi

NJ Lottery PICK-3
Dec 29, 2010
New York
That isn’t going to do it most likely barring some luck. They have to do it themselves and break that trend starting Friday.

5-4-1 for 93 points could be enough and is more likely due to how the team has performed lately, but it requires a lot more outside help.

I honestly think that one win will be the difference. 5 wins we most likely miss, 6 wins we most likely get in. I hate how thin that margin is, but it is what it is.

They can absolutely do it, but I am not totally convinced they will.

Pretty much this. The opportunity is certainly there but if I had to bet, my guess is that they are more likely to be around.500 the rest of the way and are going to need Florida or Philly to really struggle in order to get in. I think the “easier” games next week are going to be a lot tougher due to the circumstances. Whatever, it’s really one game at a time now. Imho, there won’t be much to discuss if they lose again tomorrow. On the flip side, if the rangers and jackets help out tonight and we take care of business tomorrow, things will look a lot better. These next three evenings are huge.

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
The NYR, too.
Oh how lovely!

I forgot about them playing the Flyers tonight. They can sweep the f***in Western Canada (I know they played like swamp ass and ALL those teams are junk right now) trip, they can beat the Pens in OT and come back from a multi-goal lead (I think that's whappened?), but they lose to the Blue Jays when we need their help and I don't trust them to do shit tonight.

So they ruin their tank and now that they're playing teams that we need them to beat, the tank is in full effect. Gotta love it.

Devils Dominion

Now we Plummet
Feb 16, 2007
NJ
I've been nailing games on the Board of late including predicting an OT win for Cbj over Boston.

Hope I'm wrong with this but I'm feeling a 3-2 FLA win in OT tonight over Cbj

FLA is a very good team and has been over a long stretch since they got healthy.

And Philly 4-2 over the Rags

New Jersey

(pacmanghost x) sad again
Sep 7, 2009
*intro to the sopranos*
twitter.com
I've been nailing games on the Board of late including predicting an OT win for Cbj over Boston.

Hope I'm wrong with this but I'm feeling a 3-2 FLA win in OT tonight over Cbj

FLA is a very good team and has been over a long stretch since they got healthy.

If Florida is a very good team right now then Columbus is straight-up elite.

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
If Florida is a very good team right now then Columbus is straight-up elite.
They ain't that good.

Literally the difference between us and them is they have better goalies (more like one better goalie) and Andy Greene doesn't play 20+ minutes for Florida. The Florida minute eaters are a shit-ton better than current Greene.

And that'll be the difference if they get in.

They might even have a better head coach/coaching staff than us too, that's certainly debatable.

FooteBahl

Took a big shitz for Nemec
Sponsor
Jul 19, 2005
Metuchen NJ
I think we can, but we gotta win these games. If we get 1 or 0 points this weekend, it's probably over unless Florida loses almost all of their games down the stretch.

We need at least 2 points here.

If the Blue Jays crap out against the Panthers and even allow them a point, we are out of a playoff spot for the first all season. They tie us in point and still would have one game in hand, I think?

How the **** does Florida still have so many games in hand? Did they have a cancellation game due to weather at some point this season? I thought one of their Boston games was previously cancelled due to a snowstorm, which is why they played them 4 times in the last 3 weeks of the season? And we're the team that got the extra ****in bye week back in October, which left us with games in hand for the longest time.

I don't know if their starting pitching is enough to beat Luongo. Reimer maybe. LOL

Reactions: Bleedred
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad