Out of Town Scoreboard 2017-18 season II: Playoff Push

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
FLORIDA WILL MISS THE PLAYOFFS UNLESS WE REALLY SPIN OUT!

I WILL GO DOWN WITH THE SHIP IF I'M WRONG.

I'LL THE POST THE VIDEO OF ME IN THE FLAMES!

Seriously though, Florida ONLY gets in if we f*** ourselves up to end the season.

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Moving away from the Devils game thread and our goalie play, this where I analyze other poor goalie play.

First shithead goalie I'm reviewing, Scott Darling.

Goal 1: No chance
Goal 2: Wasn't as bad I thought it would be when I saw behind the goal line, kind of fluky, but you gotta ding him on this one. Behind the goal line? He had to guess a little after stopping the first shot and protecting down low. If that was the worst goal he allowed tonight, he might have a decent game.
Goal 3: He almost had it, I can't ding him on this one though, due to the positioning he was in. On his stomach, had it between the pads but lost it.
Goal 4: No chance
Goal 5: Auvitu. That's a stoppable goal. He was over in time and it just beat him. Plain and simple.
Goal 6: One timer, he got over in time though and a guy his size that should probably hit him. Not a good goal.
Goal 7: BIG rebound, almost had it in his pads but it beat. Stoppable goal #4 on the night. So that's 4 stoppable goals out of 7 allowed. Why is his save percentage so low and .885% on the season? Because his stoppable goals allowed percentage is so f***in high.

Craig Anderson

Goal 1: Weird deflection, no chance.
Goal 2: TRASH, TRASH, TRASH MORE TRASH! Wants that one back.
Goal 3: No chance.
Goal 4: Stoppable on the breakaway like Cory tonight. ''As good as Anderson was in Florida in helping the Senators defeat the Panthers, not so good here'' Can't stand Denis as a commentator, but he's spot on. Why does Anderson have a .901% on the year? Because he lets in A LOT of trash goals this year.

Now we got to Mike Condon after the pull!

Goal 5: Very bad goal on him, through the 5-hole clean, he shouldn't have been screened on that one. If the screen impeded him, that was his fault.
Goal 6: That's kind of a stoppable one. 50/50. Looked like the goal 6 on Darling from the other game.
Goal 7: This is Denis Potvin's words ''The goaltending tonight has not been good, the goaltending for Ottawa has not been good all season long'' this was the nastiest goal I've seen tonight. Bad angle, through the 5-hole. Putrid. Condon is bush league at it's finest. I'm surprised that he's got a .905% on the season and not an .895% after that showing.

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Forgot to do Mrazek! How wrong of me!

Goal 1: Bad goal, Mrazek sucks, what else is new? I'm seeing a lot of 1980's caliber goaltending tonight.
Goal 2: SURPRISE! BAD GOAL AGAIN! Beat short side high from hardly any angle.
Goal 3: No chance, they got one good one on Mrazek.

He was yanked after that one because the first and second goals were awful.

What I'm finding when I do these studies are the goalies that weak save percentages look very bad on the eye test. There's a correlation between poor save percentage and poor eye test play. It's not a given in every game, but it's easy to see why the current save percentage among these four goalies on the season is .885%, .901%, .905%, 901%, And they combined for 17 goals against tonight and 11 of them were stoppable at the very least. Way too high. I do these just because of when I read things like ''Save percentage is not the best way to judge a goalie is, eye test is'' but the eye test is confirming the save percentage is telling me! Now I bet if I reviewed the goalies that are really good in save percentage, I'd see a much lower percentage of weak goals allowed. So anybody who has any problem with my evaluation can feel free to also watch and tell me why they disagree, or I can continue to see posts accusing me of hating every goalie in the league, because all the goalies I critique are good goalies, right? And you can pretend there's no such thing as a bad goalie in the NHL, like when I have to watch NBC or CBC tell me ''Jake Allen is a pretty good goalie!'' and things like that.

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
In other news Chicago is officially eliminated.
I thought only Arizona and Buffalo were eliminated so far?

I gotta think Edmonton can’t be too far behind. They have the same amount of points, but a game in hand. How about Ottawa, Montreal and Detroit? All of them have 63 or 65 points.

tmg

Jul 10, 2003
Ottawa
I thought only Arizona and Buffalo were eliminated so far?

I gotta think Edmonton can’t be too far behind. They have the same amount of points, but a game in hand. How about Ottawa, Montreal and Detroit? All of them have 63 or 65 points.

Arizona, Vancouver, Buffalo, and Chicago are all officially eliminated right now.

Montreal (with a loss of any sort) and Edmonton (with an Anaheim win) can go down tonight. Ottawa and Detroit are one point from elimination as well, but neither plays tonight, nor does the last team they can catch.

Reactions: Bleedred

Hischier and Hughes

“I love to hockey”
Jan 28, 2018
Sucks to know our biggest need now is Florida and Philadelphia losing a lot

I doubt it happens but heres to nothing :cheers:

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Carey Price looks like a junkmobile again tonight.

A big frickin 87 Caprice, boat anchor.

Like a long retired cop car.

tmg

Jul 10, 2003
Ottawa
If mtl had won tonight the devils would actually control their playoff destiny, because with the two head to heads with Pittsburgh they could deny Pittsburgh four points while they have no means to deny any of the other teams they could catch points.

But of course, a team facing a team the Devils want to lose, gives them the win. It’s more than an 85% likelihood in recent memory.

The Devil In I

Jun 28, 2005
Chicago
In other news Chicago is officially eliminated.

No wonder it's been so easy for me to get back from work on game days this year. (I live ~1.5 miles west of United Center and work ~2 miles east of it)

I knew they were bad this year, but not 4th team to be eliminated-level bad.

blood gin

Jan 17, 2017
The only thing we want or should expect of Montreal is for them to roll over when we play them in a couple weeks

Montreal just circled the Devils in their Investors Bank wall wall calendar with "Game 7 Cup Finals" written underneath the game date

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Watching Price just now was giving me Cory flashbacks from last night.

He was awful again.

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Boston and St. Louis

Some rivalry that is.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad