Out of Town Scoreboard 2017-18 season II: Playoff Push

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
I don't know if their starting pitching is enough to beat Luongo. Reimer maybe. LOL
Haha that's one of my favorite Cangy-isms this year. Calling the Blue Jackets the Blue Jays. As you can see, I've adopted it!

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
I don't even want to think about the Rangers and the potential implications of that April 3 game.
Just a bold prediction.

I think our playoff fate will already be decided by then.

Probably not officially. We very likely won't have clinched, nor been eliminated mathematically by then, but I think it'll mostly be locked up by then.

So if we lose to them, it probably won't be the reason for our season ending.

New Jersey

(pacmanghost x) sad again
Sep 7, 2009
*intro to the sopranos*
twitter.com
Imagine if our roster, as is, no other changes, had Bobrovsky. IMAGINE.

Just a bold prediction.

Probably not officially. We very likely won't have clinched, nor been eliminated mathematically by then, but I think it'll mostly be locked up by then.

How f***ing glorious it would be to clinch against them, though.

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
I missed that! I thought it was a legit typo on your part...friggin Cangy
It was the last time we played them, when we got blown out by them.

I forgot what exactly the quote was, but it was something like ''The Blue Jays now are (whatever number) points behind the Devils for the last wild card spot in the East!'.:madfire::banghead:

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
Haha that's one of my favorite Cangy-isms this year. Calling the Blue Jackets the Blue Jays. As you can see, I've adopted it!

Hah I was wondering why you started doing that. Should have known it was invented by one of our two TV broadcasters.

Reactions: Bleedred

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Hah I was wondering why you started doing that. Should have known it was invented by one of our two TV broadcasters.
I'm wondering if it was done on purpose by Steve (he used to have weird names for other teams like when he called the Avalanche the Lanche years ago) or if it was a gaffe and he was thinking of the baseball team from Toronto.

He seemed to say it pretty seriously and routinely, so maybe it was by design?

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Speaking of the Panthers coaching staff, they have Capuano on their coaching staff! Now that's pretty bad.

And I know Dead Weight makes Captain Jack look a little bit better, but that's still pretty bad.

They're coached by the Bougheyman (TERRIBLE, TERRIBLE defenseman if anyone remembers his playing days) and Capuano is his right hand man? GAH!

That's the team that's gonna get in if we don't.

And their really ancient goalie (I do like Luongo), with tons of mileage that makes ours look like amateurs.

theoptimist

Trade Siegenthaler
Apr 22, 2014
Atlanta, Georgia
I don’t hate Florida.

They’re kinda like “the new kid” at school when it comes to the playoffs. Their last 20 games have been incredible. They deserve to get in just as much we to deserve to be eliminated.

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
I'm wondering if it was done on purpose by Steve (he used to have weird names for other teams like when he called the Avalanche the Lanche years ago) or if it was a gaffe and he was thinking of the baseball team from Toronto.

He seemed to say it pretty seriously and routinely, so maybe it was by design?

I assume this was the 6-1 game, maybe a catty reference over how many runs we gave up?

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
I assume this was the 6-1 game, maybe a catty reference over how many runs we gave up?
I wish I could remember what time during the game he said that haha.

It may have been fairly early, or it could have been much later.

That is a good catch if he did say that due to the baseball score haha.

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
I wish I could remember what time during the game he said that haha.

It may have been fairly early, or it could have been much later.

That is a good catch if he did say that due to the baseball score haha.

The broadcast team might have gotten sarcastic over hearing the cannon go off so many times the way TG and Gross have over the years lol

Call Me Al

Aug 28, 2017
yeah i dont hate any other team for this, the devils are solely responsible for the position they are in and if they miss, it's easy to put it on offsides goals and stuff like that but the reality is the team hasn't been good enough to win a lot of games that they could have or should have if they showed up.

hall had an amazing point streak how many of those games did the team actually win?

FooteBahl

Took a big shitz for Nemec
Sponsor
Jul 19, 2005
Metuchen NJ
Just a bold prediction.

Our last two vs Toronto and at Washington could be interesting. Will they be resting their top guys to get ready for the playoffs or battling for home ice? Montreal and NYR will be looking to play spoiler too. Should be a good time.

New Jersey

(pacmanghost x) sad again
Sep 7, 2009
*intro to the sopranos*
twitter.com
me scoreboard watching every night for the last two weeks

giphy.gif

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
yeah i dont hate any other team for this, the devils are solely responsible for the position they are in and if they miss, it's easy to put it on offsides goals and stuff like that but the reality is the team hasn't been good enough to win a lot of games that they could have or should have if they showed up.

hall had an amazing point streak how many of those games did the team actually win?
Yup.

I'm more excited to see the BIG changes that I think are coming if we miss the playoffs. Shero will NOT be happy about buying at the deadline, for this to happen, but that's for a conversation we can have in the team thread.
Our last two vs Toronto and at Washington could be interesting. Will they be resting their top guys to get ready for the playoffs or battling for home ice? Montreal and NYR will be looking to play spoiler too. Should be a good time.
I'm not looking forward to it at all actually haha.

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
me scoreboard watching every night for the last two weeks

giphy.gif
It's so annoying that we're even in this position with where we were at the first of the year.

I actually MISS when we were watching the Rangers and Islanders scores and hoping they weren't gonna catch us.

Desert Devil

Legend
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2010
Phoenix, Arizona
So go Blue Jackets tonight right? At least hope for just a two point game only at least. Hopefully the Rangers can do us a favor tonight too. Such a big night tonight. I f***ing hate scoreboard watching ugh.

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
So go Blue Jackets tonight right? At least hope for just a two point game only at least. Hopefully the Rangers can do us a favor tonight too. Such a big night tonight. I ****ing hate scoreboard watching ugh.
I hate it too.

It's particularly annoying at this point. I just like to sleep through the out of town games right now.

I find myself taking my post-work nap at 5:30 or 6:00 and waking up around 8:30 or 9:00 on nights that we don't play and the Panthers/Blue Jackets/Flyers play. Just so I don't have to stay awake to watch those other teams serve up a dud.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->