Out of Town: Post-frenzy Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

habs73

Jul 29, 2006
And then imagine Sakic getting Hughes next June with Sens pick

When I look at Ottawa, boy I'm glad to be a habs fan.

But only when I look at Ottawa.

It sure looks like Ottawa is about to give up a top 5 pick to Colorado, not a good feeling to be a Sens fan right now..

Reactions: mariolemieux66

yianik

Jun 30, 2009
It sure looks like Ottawa is about to give up a top 5 pick to Colorado, not a good feeling to be a Sens fan right now..

Yes. In Ottawa you cant even get comfort with the " lose for Hughes" chant. Maybe they should want Patches. Better yet, Patches and Weber for an extended Karlsson plus.

Reactions: Sterling Archer

Sterling Archer

Sep 26, 2006
So Ceci and Stone are signed. Sens are now ready to trade Karlsson.

They’re too close to the cap with $6M in space. Time to jettison Karlsson STAT!!!

Yes. In Ottawa you cant even get comfort with the " lose for Hughes" chant. Maybe they should want Patches. Better yet, Patches and Weber for an extended Karlsson plus.

I’m lovin’ it!

Chili

En boca cerrada no entran moscas
Jun 10, 2004
Seeing Calgary bring Jarome Iglina back to retire a Flame, I`d like to see the Pens let Jaromir Jagr retire a Pen. They should retire #68.

mariolemieux66

Sep 17, 2008
Vancouver
I am curious to know how you will do it. Pacioretty isn't re signing in Ottawa so they will have to trade him. 80mil of the 110mil Weber's contract is paid already and that's something Melnik might be interested in. Are we keeping Karlsson or flipping him? And what is the + coming with Karlsson?

Dont you think Ottawa can get better trading him to a top container with retention at the deadline? Or is Weber, late 1st and B prospect worth Karlsson and +?

yianik

Jun 30, 2009
I am curious to know how you will do it. Pacioretty isn't re signing in Ottawa so they will have to trade him. 80mil of the 110mil Weber's contract is paid already and that's something Melnik might be interested in. Are we keeping Karlsson or flipping him? And what is the + coming with Karlsson?

Dont you think Ottawa can get better trading him to a top container with retention at the deadline? Or is Weber, late 1st and B prospect worth Karlsson and +?

This isnt something I seriously thought out. After looking at their line up I just thought, man, they really could land the AVs Hughes. Here, I really could see a riot bearing down on Molson and MB if that ever happened. So if they want to avoid that possibility maybe they want to bolster their line up for the year.

So no chances Patches resigns there, but hopefully he scores them a bunch of goals before he is moved out at the TDL.

The Karlsson extended for Weber is actually a realistic proposal. The no.1 Ds are at that $11M level now and Ottawa gets him at a Cap hit of under $8M , which I'm guessing they don't care about. What Melnyk would care about is that in actual cash , Weber gets $6M for the next 4 years and then $3M the next year.

Reactions: mariolemieux66

sabremike

Friend To All Giraffes And Lindy Ruff
Aug 30, 2010
Brewster, NY
Seeing Calgary bring Jarome Iglina back to retire a Flame, I`d like to see the Pens let Jaromir Jagr retire a Pen. They should retire #68.
I want him to come back and play a year with the Isles so he can complete his collection of playing for every Patrick Division team.

DAChampion

May 28, 2011
If Merdevin had gotten past his fragile little ego and added Jagr in 2014, the Habs could have gotten past the Rangers, regardless of Kreider.

Reactions: DavePeak

Chili

En boca cerrada no entran moscas
Jun 10, 2004
Jaromir Jagr would dominate in any era, his number should definitely be retired.
Should be a lock, same for 87 and 71 eventually.

Interesting that other then 66 the Pens have only retired one other number, 21 for Michel Briere (a young player who was in a car accident and eventually died, had star potential).

There is an impressive list of Hall of Famers who played on the team just not the bulk of their careers (i.e. Coffey, Francis, Recchi, Murphy, Mullen). They did bring Tom Barrasso back for a day so that he could retire a Pen.

jaffy27

From Russia wth Pain
Nov 18, 2007
Orleans
Should be a lock, same for 87 and 71 eventually.

Interesting that other then 66 the Pens have only retired one other number, 21 for Michel Briere (a young player who was in a car accident and eventually died, had star potential).

There is an impressive list of Hall of Famers who played on the team just not the bulk of their careers (i.e. Coffey, Francis, Recchi, Murphy, Mullen). They did bring Tom Barrasso back for a day so that he could retire a Pen.
Remember watching that documentary....sad

Sorinth

Jan 18, 2013
When I loaded the page, I saw that paragraph first. I then rolled my eyes and did not bother reading the rest of your post. What you wrote is remarkably stupid, and I'm disappointed in you. That comment shows that you're not discussing in good faith. I know that you know better.

It's the exact same logic you used, and I agree it's stupid. Crosby being faster, stronger then Lafleur is irrelevant, just like Lafleur's multiple 120+ seasons are irrelevant. What matters is how good they were relative to their peers.

And if I wanted to I could argue the NHL is actually weaker today then in the past as most players can't actually play hockey, they can only play a system. I could argue it's easier because the NHL doesn't allow the opposing team to simply mug you as a way of shutting you down which was the norm back then, etc...

groovejuice

Without deviation progress is not possible
Jun 27, 2011
Calgary
From the hoh board :

Gainey became the prototype for
non-scoring forwards who could dominate not just a game, but the league as a whole.

He had all the physical attributes a star could want, but also an incredible IQ and style of play that would invariably put his opponents right off their game. He was positionally, tactically and often physically superior.

The NHL really did need to create a trophy for his trendsetting game.

member 300185

Get chills every time......I was watching that game too......
Me Too.

You and I were watching that game at the same time in different parts of the world. We watched the same hit. Yet, we had never met. Then we happen to talk about that hit. Now one could have ever predicted that. EVER. Many many years later, we meet, because of technology and advancements in binary.

Mind Blown.

DavePeak

What a goal Mann!
Jul 15, 2009
Montreal
Here is the play.
And here's an article of the NYTimes in the following pre-season recalling the incident... shivers...

Other topic, don't know if it has been mentionned earlier, just saw the new third jerseys for Carolina and Arizona and love them, also heard Carolina might wear Whalers colors for 1-2 games next season, those were pretty colors (for a non-Habs team).

edit: I miss the old Habs white 3rd jersey (not the NHL100 Classic, the one with the blue stripe on the chest)

Reactions: NovaLeaf

groovejuice

Without deviation progress is not possible
Jun 27, 2011
Calgary
Me Too.

You and I were watching that game at the same time in different parts of the world. We watched the same hit. Yet, we had never met. Then we happen to talk about that hit. Now one could have ever predicted that. EVER. Many many years later, we meet, because of technology and advancements in binary.

Mind Blown.

If one looks farther then skin deep, synchronicity is a very real and very common phenomenon.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad