GDT: Out of Town Playoff Thread VI

RussellmaniaKW

Sep 15, 2004
Seabrook is exactly the partner Dougie needs too. Great defensively and with an edge.

except both are righties who play on the right side. Dougie needs a really steady lefty who can skate. He basically needs his own version of Don Sweeney who can go back and cover quickly allowing Dougie to roam a little more.

Seabrook would be a great Boychuk replacement to play with Chara though.

Fenway

HF Bookie and Bruins Historian
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA
Watching the Blackhawks rally and one thought crossed my mind.

John McDonough who is the CEO did an intervention with Patrick Kane's parents and got 88 help to get his life back on track.

Bruins had the same problem with Tyler and we know what happened.

:cry::cry:

bossfan

Apr 5, 2008
Watched the Blackhawks rally on NHL Network. As good player after good player was introduced all I could think of is how depressing it is that Brett Connolly and Reilly Smith are part the B's top 6 forwards and how bad the B's defense is compared to the trio of Keith, Seabrook, and Oduya.

Last edited:

GloryDaze4877

Barely Irrelevant
Jun 27, 2006
The Sticks (West MA)
Haven't seen this mentioned at all, but the Isles announced that they would not be signing 2011 4th round pick Robbie Russo to a contract.

Russo had a slow start to his NCAA career at Notre Dame, was coming on his junior year (4g/11a in 21 games), before he was ruled academically ineligible for the remainder of the season. He bounced back his senior year, was named team captain, and had 15g/26a in 40 games for the Irish (second only to Mike Reilly). He's listed at 6'0" 190-195 pounds.

Would not mind seeing the B's take a chance on him. Only money.

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
Haven't seen this mentioned at all, but the Isles announced that they would not be signing 2011 4th round pick Robbie Russo to a contract.

Russo had a slow start to his NCAA career at Notre Dame, was coming on his junior year (4g/11a in 21 games), before he was ruled academically ineligible for the remainder of the season. He bounced back his senior year, was named team captain, and had 15g/26a in 40 games for the Irish (second only to Mike Reilly). He's listed at 6'0" 190-195 pounds.

Too lazy to check but what position does he play Glory?

Terrier

Sep 30, 2003
Newton, MA
Visit site
Watching the Blackhawks rally and one thought crossed my mind.

John McDonough who is the CEO did an intervention with Patrick Kane's parents and got 88 help to get his life back on track.

Bruins had the same problem with Tyler and we know what happened.

:cry::cry:

The Hawks and their brand, enhanced by the mediocrity across the rest of Chicago sports, are pretty much carrying the Windy City nowadays.

http://www.rantsports.com/nhl/2015/06/17/chicago-blackhawks-are-keeping-the-windy-city-relevant/

P.S. A very silly thought, but I got to thinking that Seguin was a goner because we have to live "the Patriot Way" around here. I wonder what will happen to a certain Instagram-loving local ballplayer. Ken Rosenthal of Fox Sports is calling on the Red Sox to dump him.

Trap Jesus

Feb 13, 2012
Lol their demands are going to have to go way down from that. In addition to Bickell (who will probably be extremely difficult to dump), Sharp is the very obvious piece they have to move unless they decide to trade Crawford.

What The Puck

Future GM
Feb 12, 2014
Northeast

Who else is going to show up for fourth line tryouts? PJ Axelsson going to suit up? It's getting absolutely ridiculous in here.:popcorn: It's amusing, but I feel like you're trying to be serious.

mislysBB

Aug 6, 2013
Northeast
Who else is going to show up for fourth line tryouts? PJ Axelsson going to suit up? It's getting absolutely ridiculous in here.:popcorn: It's amusing, but I feel like you're trying to be serious.

Seriously, what is with you taking a simple observation and making some snarky ass comment about it?

Figuratively even if we signed the kid and he didn't take a fourth line spot at training camp or beyond it's good depth for Providence and there is nothing wrong with that.

Man Rocket

88+73
Jul 12, 2011
except both are righties who play on the right side. Dougie needs a really steady lefty who can skate. He basically needs his own version of Don Sweeney who can go back and cover quickly allowing Dougie to roam a little more.

Seabrook would be a great Boychuk replacement to play with Chara though.

I don't put as much stock into the RH/LH thing as others do, but under Clode it is important I guess being defensive and all. Lots of other teams have 4-5 lefties starting on their D, Detroit for one.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad