GDT: Out of Town Playoff Thread V

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fossy21

Nobel Prize Deke
Mar 14, 2013
Met Ryan Spooner yesterday in Cancun. Dude is pretty chill haha. Didn't bother asking for a picture, kid must get nagged constantly already.

Judging from your user name, he'll be sent out of town before long. :sarcasm:

Caper Bruins fan

Dec 4, 2011
Cape Breton
Truth be told I thought the Hawks had this series in 5 and still think they have the upper hand. I honestly could care less who wins but I feel like the next game in Chicago might be a dominant ass whooping of Bishop.

Hawks are good at that kind of ninja ****.

You could be right and it certainly wouldn't surprise me but I am sick of hearing how good Chicago is ,I am hoping for Tampa but ultimately don't care who wins. Watching these two teams only makes me wish the Bruins were one of the two playing.

Bad Puck Bounce

Run Ralphie Run
Feb 4, 2014
Denver, Colorado
Stamkos has basically done nothing so far. 0 pts, +/- of -1.

Neither has Toews or Kane. 1 assist between the two of them through 3 games.

This series has been incredibly entertaining to watch. I'm fully rooting for Tampa, really can't stand Chicago fans. Add to the fact that my girlfriend is from Tampa and I kinda have to root for the Bolts when we watch together.

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
Good game, just when I count the Bolts out, they prove how terribly inept I am at making predictions about who`ll win

Hard to believe a goalie like Crawford who gives up way too many softies has the rings he has

Man Rocket

88+73
Jul 12, 2011
Victor Hedman is a monster. Big, mobile, skilled, and a two way beast now. He's matured big time the last few years. That stretch pass to Cally was ridiculous.

Last edited:

alg363636

Boo
Apr 25, 2014
Washington, DC
Boy, I was wrong about Tampa. They don't always do it the prettiest way but they're getting the job done. I have a feeling every game is going to be close, 1-goal games like this.

Hedman is such a beast. If he keeps it up and the Bolts win he has a shot at the CS.

Also, somehow I just put this together but - my 4 least favorite teams in the league by a good margin are Montreal, Detroit, New York and Chicago. This is destiny my friends.

Man Rocket

88+73
Jul 12, 2011
Good game, just when I count the Bolts out, they prove how terribly inept I am at making predictions about who`ll win

Hard to believe a goalie like Crawford who gives up way too many softies has the rings he has

Glad to say I was wrong about Tampa and this series. Fantastic so far.

Boy, I was wrong about Tampa. They don't always do it the prettiest way but they're getting the job done. I have a feeling every game is going to be close, 1-goal games like this.

Hedman is such a beast. If he keeps it up and the Bolts win he has a shot at the CS.

Also, somehow I just put this together but - my 4 least favorite teams in the league by a good margin are Montreal, Detroit, New York and Chicago. This is destiny my friends.

Bruins went up 2-1 over CHI as well, then went 3-0 over the last 3. Chicago scares the **** out of me :laugh: glad you all have more confidence in Tampa though.

I'm sticking with my pre-series pick of Tampa in 7

Last edited:

alg363636

Boo
Apr 25, 2014
Washington, DC
Bruins went up 2-1 over CHI as well, then went 3-1 over the last 4. Chicago scares the **** out of me :laugh: glad you all have more confidence in Tampa though.

I know - that's the big sticking point. 2013 - ugh. And Chicago gets much better as the the series goes on.

Wednesday (I think that's the next game) is the real test. If Tampa can get both games away, I think they've got it.

It's just a gut feeling...Tampa has a way of winning when they really shouldn't. Every series they've won multiple games they purely stole. I think they can steal the series. And while the Hawks are great, they aren't the 2010 or 2013 Hawks. Those teams were incredible. This team is certainly very good and the favorite, but I don't have the same feeling about them I did before.

I also think it's amazing Bishop played 30 minutes and won the game as a zombie. :laugh:. Impressive work.

Man Rocket

88+73
Jul 12, 2011
I know - that's the big sticking point. 2013 - ugh. And Chicago gets much better as the the series goes on.

Wednesday (I think that's the next game) is the real test. If Tampa can get both games away, I think they've got it.

It's just a gut feeling...Tampa has a way of winning when they really shouldn't. Every series they've won multiple games they purely stole. I think they can steal the series. And while the Hawks are great, they aren't the 2010 or 2013 Hawks. Those teams were incredible. This team is certainly very good and the favorite, but I don't have the same feeling about them I did before.

I also think it's amazing Bishop played 30 minutes and won the game as a zombie. :laugh:. Impressive work.

Bishop is clearly injured, He was having trouble getting himself up after initial saves and the pain showed on his face every closeup. I hope he can stay better than Crawford even while injured.

alg363636

Boo
Apr 25, 2014
Washington, DC
Bishop is clearly injured, He was having trouble getting himself up after initial saves and the pain showed on his face every closeup. I hope he can stay better than Crawford even while injured.

I'm just playing but that was a pretty huge flop. I quite like Bishop and I think his flops become a bit more dramatic since he's so big but I laughed out loud at that one.

But yes, he is quite clearly injured. He pushed through but kudos to Tampa for bailing him out a lot. They did a good job clearing the crease and after the first had a lot of o-zone time.

Crawford is just not good. He can play very well and has in the past, but he is really struggling and Tampa is capitalizing on that. Can't believe he makes 6 million on a cap-strapped team.

Man Rocket

88+73
Jul 12, 2011
I'm just playing but that was a pretty huge flop. I quite like Bishop and I think his flops become a bit more dramatic since he's so big but I laughed out loud at that one.

But yes, he is quite clearly injured. He pushed through but kudos to Tampa for bailing him out a lot. They did a good job clearing the crease and after the first had a lot of o-zone time.

Crawford is just not good. He can play very well and has in the past, but he is really struggling and Tampa is capitalizing on that. Can't believe he makes 6 million on a cap-strapped team.

I still can't believe he beat us... he is very average goalie

OutspokenMinority*

Toews = best player in the NHL. (specify the NHL, because the game really is different and requires a different type of player.. ie.. one who can take a beating and give a beating on a cramped ice space)

I think the comparable there is Messier.

Yes, I just said that.

Stamkos' legacy is ironically taking a hit from this playoff run. He's been completely inconsequential.

BB88

Jan 19, 2015
Bruins went up 2-1 over CHI as well, then went 3-0 over the last 3. Chicago scares the **** out of me :laugh: glad you all have more confidence in Tampa though.

The Hawks record under Q in the playoffs:

Games 1-3: 30-30
Games 4-7: 40-14

It's once again time for Toews and Kane to step up.

thegodfather

Dec 6, 2005
Stratford, Ontario
Glad to say I was wrong about Tampa and this series. Fantastic so far.

Same here Mike. After watching Tampa against Detroit and then Montreal I was thinking who ever came out of the west, Chicago or Anaheim, were going to destroy them.

Went so far as to say that the Ducks/Hawks series was actually the Stanley Cup.

I'm still calling Chicago, but Crawford needs to be better and Kane has to play a complete 60 minute game.

EverettMike

FIRE DON SWEENEY INTO THE SUN
Mar 7, 2009
Everett, MA
twitter.com
Same here Mike. After watching Tampa against Detroit and then Montreal I was thinking who ever came out of the west, Chicago or Anaheim, were going to destroy them.

Went so far as to say that the Ducks/Hawks series was actually the Stanley Cup.

I'm still calling Chicago, but Crawford needs to be better and Kane has to play a complete 60 minute game.

I'm still taking Chicago, but I had them in 4 or 5 so I'm already wrong. Tampa is resilient and can score. They are going to give as good, at least, a fight as Anaheim did.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad