GDT: Out of Town Playoff Thread V

Status
Not open for further replies.

ashnathan

Apr 22, 2014
Australia
I wonder if Yzerman and company think if Stamkos would be worth a huge contract extension (Toews-Kane money) in 2016 if he continues to underwhelm during the playoffs. Given that Tampa has a wealth of great young talent, could the team do the unthinkable and trade him next year (getting a king's ransom in the process)? The team has done just fine these playoffs without its best player performing to the best of his abilities.

It will probably never come to pass, but fun to think about.

Here's an interesting one, if you're Tampa, do you send Stamkos to Boston for Hamilton? If you're Boston, do you do it?

or

Would both teams play ball and swap 1:1 Stamkos/Malkin? I think Malkin would flourish in a system like Tampa.

PatriceBergeron

Apr 7, 2014
MA
Here's an interesting one, if you're Tampa, do you send Stamkos to Boston for Hamilton? If you're Boston, do you do it?

or

Would both teams play ball and swap 1:1 Stamkos/Malkin? I think Malkin would flourish in a system like Tampa.

Stamkos has 18 points in 25 playoff games. Just because he hasn't performed well in one series the Bolts should not be trading a top 4 player in the league. Players aren't going to perform for all 4 series usually. Tyler Johnson has cooled off as well.

I would think Yzerman isn't as dumb as Chiarelli to trade a young superstar based off one playoff run(even though Stamkos' isn't even bad).

Unfortunately Hamilton isn't even close to Stamkos value wise. Malkin would be interesting and I think Pittsburgh says yes, TB says no.

Last edited:

Fenway

HF Bookie and Bruins Historian
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA
I discount performances as the playoffs head into the final stages as 9 times out of ten you will find out a player is playing while badly injured. Kane isn't right either.

Stamkos has 18 points in 25 playoff games. Just because he hasn't performed well in one series the Bolts should not be trading a top 4 player in the league. Players aren't going to perform for all 4 series. Tyler Johnson has cooled off as well.

I would think Yzerman isn't as dumb as Chiarelli to trade a young superstar based off one playoff run(even though Stamkos' isn't even bad).

Unfortunately Hamilton isn't even close to Stamkos value wise.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad