GDT: Out of Town Playoff Thread III

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stone Clode

Kicks him, stunner!!
Jun 1, 2010
Swansea, MA
Barring epic comebacks, an Eastern Conference Final of Stamkos v Ovechkin would be awesome. Would absolutely love for either guy to make the Cup Final. Both guys deserve it, and are among the most exciting players in the sport. Unforunately, they'll probably run into Chicago in the midst of their 3 cups in 6 years dynasty. :laugh:

CamFan81

HF Snob Agitator
Mar 22, 2009
RI
BkQSSgq.gif

EnDLgBA.gif

KnightofBoston

Mar 22, 2010
The Valley of Pioneers
Love watching habs fans cry. You could see this coming all year

"They're just bitter cus we embarrassed the last year "

Ok pal, I didn't realize losing in 7 games was embarrassing...I mean you could make the argument every loss to the habs is embarrassing but that would require humility on their part :laugh:

alg363636

Boo
Apr 25, 2014
Washington, DC
Is anyone else as sick as I am at the constant Price ballwashing? "well they have Price so they can obviously win the next 4" "good luck winning 4 in a row against Price "Well Holtby/Bishop have been good but they're no Price" "We can't all have Carey Price on our team"

For the love of god. He has a .920 and 2.30. Holtby, Bishop and Lundqvist are all significantly better.

Price had a ridiculous regular season. He was the best goaltender during the regular season. No one is doubting that. But he has been between fine and good in the post season. He's not the reason they're losing by any stretch of the imagination but he's not stealing them any games either. He's let in 6 and 5 goals on two separate occasions and was part of a complete last second meltdown last night (not his fault at all, but again, he didn't stop it from happening).

I thought he was outplayed by Anderson in the games he started and has been consistently outplayed by Bishop. Holtby and Lundqvist are also putting up better numbers.

I don't dislike Price - he is a great goaltender. But for some reason his one amazing regular season is giving him a free pass to be meh in the playoffs and every is completely downplaying Holtby and Bishop's performances because "they're no Price." Imagine if Tuukka was posting a .920 or let in the goals Price was letting him - he'd be burnt at the stake. But for some reason if Price does it, a goaltender who has a history of crappy playoff performances, no one cares or talks about it. At the present moment, Carey Price is not the best goaltender in the world. *gasp*

anyway /end rant. I was just reading an article about it and was about ready to punch myself in the face. Figured you guys would understand.

HumBucker

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 7, 2005
Toronto
I don't like Gallagher, but I have to admire his work in front of the net last game. Just goes to show you don't have to be big to play that role effectively.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Gold Coast Suns @ Brisbane Lions
    Gold Coast Suns @ Brisbane Lions
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $36,790.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Cagliari vs Lecce
    Cagliari vs Lecce