GDT: Out of Town Playoff Thread III

Status
Not open for further replies.

bobbyorr04

Bruins fan 4ever
Sponsor
Apr 12, 2011
In this case, most if not all of the band members are pretty detestable, though.

With maybe Price being the only exception, I'd have to agree that the rest of the band members are detestable......and very nauseating.

kytem2

Nov 18, 2003
Ottawa
Visit site
In this case, most if not all of the band members are pretty detestable, though.

Prust has gotten away with more hits on a goalie than anyone I have ever seen in this series -- he seems to be the only detestable Hab along with Plekanec. Price is a great guy, and Subban, for all his on-ice antics, seems to be one as well.

The players change every year...on the other hand the same fans are there every year.

Fenway

HF Bookie and Bruins Historian
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA
Translation - Nothing left to do

CEX_4j5WMAA3_uk.jpg

GarbageGoal

Courage
Dec 1, 2005
RI
Caller on TSN Montreal just said the Canadiens aren't successful because they don't have enough Quebec-born players. I'm loving this. Never change Montreal.

Heard that. First call out of the gate too. At least he admitted he doesn't know "all the technical reasons" as to why they were losing.

Listening to Marinara and Felger's ***** Connor cry was awesome.

HanktheHammer*

I heard the Habs have added two Russian players to their roster for tomorrow's game. Summerov and Teeov. LOL!

Fenway

HF Bookie and Bruins Historian
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA
Montreal was built to beat one team - Boston ( and we know that has worked for them)

Montreal however never respected Tampa Bay as a worthy rival and they are paying for that now. We as Bruins fans can only dream of having the season the Lightning are having against the Scabs.

Tampa Bay vs Washington could be a fascinating ECF.

Three Dog

Apr 12, 2015
Prust has gotten away with more hits on a goalie than anyone I have ever seen in this series -- he seems to be the only detestable Hab along with Plekanec. Price is a great guy, and Subban, for all his on-ice antics, seems to be one as well.

The players change every year...on the other hand the same fans are there every year.

I'd say Ghallager has gotten away with as many. He just disguises it better.

ashnathan

Apr 22, 2014
Australia
Montreal was built to beat one team - Boston ( and we know that has worked for them)

Montreal however never respected Tampa Bay as a worthy rival and they are paying for that now. We as Bruins fans can only dream of having the season the Lightning are having against the Scabs.

its gonna be a brutal series

ashnathan

Apr 22, 2014
Australia
The Habs are easily, EASILY the most boring team to watch. They are worse than the Bruins at their worst, its unbelievable, they just suck the life out of the game. Woof. I love that the fans are in full distress mode. Good riddance!

Three Dog

Apr 12, 2015
I love that the fans are in full distress mode. Good riddance!

I agree :) ...I was a little concerned theyd get passed TB before the 2nd round started. ....nice to be wrong.

........but MTl fans arent the only ones in distress mode. Every board I've browsed (that either didnt make the playoffs, or has been dished an early exit), are all saying the same thing as the Bruins fans here: "this guy sucks, that guy is paid too much, what was (GM) thinkin, get rid of (whoever the coach is)", and of course... "we'll get babcock". It's rather commical.

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC

Not sure I 100% agree Fenway, I think they have long been built with the formula or belief that smaller, quick and somewhat skilled players who rely heavily on PP chances is the way to go for decades

They added the Della Rose/Smith Pelley type players at the deadline and THAT, IMO, is where Bergevin either made his mistakes this year, or simply, as many other GM`s found, couldn`t or wouldn`t get a deal done with prices being demanded, but he didn`t add those players because the B`s were a team who`s toughness or size needed to be matched, I think that would have applied a year or two ago but not so much now

I hate to do this but I think Bergevin is a solid GM but adding the players mentioned above is fine if you have a team who puts the puck in the net, this team has played with fire all season relying on Price and while the Bolts aren`t dominating this series in any way, the Habs are getting burned by the very thing they struggled with all season

Any way you cut it, just over a second left in regulation has that team on the brink of being ousted was too fun and oh so fitting...............now finish em off Bolts:yo:

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
I agree :) ...I was a little concerned theyd get passed TB before the 2nd round started. ....nice to be wrong.

........but MTl fans arent the only ones in distress mode. Every board I've browsed (that either didnt make the playoffs, or has been dished an early exit), are all saying the same thing as the Bruins fans here: "this guy sucks, that guy is paid too much, what was (GM) thinkin, get rid of (whoever the coach is)", and of course... "we'll get babcock". It's rather commical.

This board had comments floating around about it`s own players even during the Cup winning year

Fans here no different than others when the emotions kick in, difference I find is "most" Bruin fans can eventually step back and see where the team went wrong, Hab fans though.....always try and find a scapegoat;)

Blitzkrug

Sep 17, 2013
Winnipeg
Washington's defense is the type of play that breeds cup winners.

The scary thing is Trotz now has guys that can get that one goal needed, something he never really had in Nashville.

Fossy21

Nobel Prize Deke
Mar 14, 2013
They added the Della Rose/Smith Pelley type players at the deadline and THAT, IMO, is where Bergevin either made his mistakes this year, or simply, as many other GM`s found, couldn`t or wouldn`t get a deal done with prices being demanded, but he didn`t add those players because the B`s were a team who`s toughness or size needed to be matched, I think that would have applied a year or two ago but not so much now

They had drafted De La Rose, and they switched Sekac for Smith Pelly, not a big change. De La Rose especially looked good for them yesterday, look more to their big time stars/"stars" and other top 6/equivalent players who are underperforming and have all playoffs - Plekanec, Pacioretty, Subban (decent offensively, but horrid as expected defensively), Markov, etc. Not sure they could've made any bigger moves or how much their moves last year restricted them, but for them to even get close to being a proper contender they need to lose at the very least Plekanec and probably Markov or someone like that (but that might expose Subban even more, hard to get anywhere with his contract unless he can play decent D or at least put up superstar offensive numbers).

Washington's defense is the type of play that breeds cup winners.

The scary thing is Trotz now has guys that can get that one goal needed, something he never really had in Nashville.

And Nashville could very well have faced them in the final. Not that I would've picked them to advance even if they were fully healthy (and with Rinne playing better), but then I wouldn't have picked the Caps either - and their biggest threat is a Tampa team that's hard to predict what they're going to show (I still pick them to reach the finals, though, as I picked them to handle Montreal quite easily).

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
They had drafted De La Rose, and they switched Sekac for Smith Pelly, not a big change. De La Rose especially looked good for them yesterday, look more to their big time stars/"stars" and other top 6/equivalent players who are underperforming and have all playoffs - Plekanec, Pacioretty, Subban (decent offensively, but horrid as expected defensively), Markov, etc. Not sure they could've made any bigger moves or how much their moves last year restricted them, but for them to even get close to being a proper contender they need to lose at the very least Plekanec and probably Markov or someone like that (but that might expose Subban even more, hard to get anywhere with his contract unless he can play decent D or at least put up superstar offensive numbers).

And Nashville could very well have faced them in the final. Not that I would've picked them to advance even if they were fully healthy (and with Rinne playing better), but then I wouldn't have picked the Caps either - and their biggest threat is a Tampa team that's hard to predict what they're going to show (I still pick them to reach the finals, though, as I picked them to handle Montreal quite easily).

As I stated clearly in my post, they needed scoring, they didn`t get it. I suspect, in spite of what many here thought when Chia also couldn`t or didn`t do much, prices high and let`s be honest, hardly much high octane scoring out there that was available

Either way, I like Bergevin, I think he`s a strong GM, but like many other GM`s, perhaps a bit too loyal in that he resigned Markov (who is slow), trades for a guy like Gonchar who, had he watched last playoff, even if he was playing, is not capable of playing playoff hockey.

Bergevin, as every GM does, has made mistakes, still don`t understand the Sekac for Smith Pelley move but I also could really care less, taint the team I root for and how sweet it is to watch results like last night

TCL40

Jun 29, 2011
Not sure I 100% agree Fenway, I think they have long been built with the formula or belief that smaller, quick and somewhat skilled players who rely heavily on PP chances is the way to go for decades

I hate to do this but I think Bergevin is a solid GM but adding the players mentioned above is fine if you have a team who puts the puck in the net, this team has played with fire all season relying on Price and while the Bolts aren`t dominating this series in any way, the Habs are getting burned by the very thing they struggled with all season

Any way you cut it, just over a second left in regulation has that team on the brink of being ousted was too fun and oh so fitting...............now finish em off Bolts:yo:

I think they made too many moves and it messed with their team chemistry in some way. I would agree too that the moves they made didn't really improve much on the team's main weakness which was scoring.

1. I think the Habs looked better before the deadline.
2. The team has pretty much relied on Price to keep them in games because they haven't been scoring. Just compare the goals per game for each team.
3. I think the loss of the PP for the Habs has hurt them. Not sure why they aren't scoring on the PP (not sure if it's personnel changes on it, change in the style or if it's just gone cold) but the Habs score a lot of their goals on the PP and their PP isnt scoring.

I like Stamkos though so I want Tampa to win for him but even more so the Habs fans can cry about what might have been another summer.

I also think I would rather see a Tampa/Caps match up than a Habs/Caps. I'm pretty sure neither the Habs or Rangers are getting out of this round. Caps are in a tear.

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
I think they made too many moves and it messed with their team chemistry in some way. I would agree too that the moves they made didn't really improve much on the team's main weakness which was scoring.

2. The team has pretty much relied on Price to keep them in games because they haven't been scoring. Just compare the goals per game for each team.
3. I think the loss of the PP for the Habs has hurt them. Not sure why they aren't scoring on the PP (not sure if it's personnel changes on it, change in the style or if it's just gone cold) but the Habs score a lot of their goals on the PP and their PP isnt scoring.

I like Stamkos though so I want Tampa to win for him but even more so the Habs fans can cry about what might have been another summer.

I also think I would rather see a Tampa/Caps match up than a Habs/Caps. I'm pretty sure neither the Habs or Rangers are getting out of this round. Caps are in a tear.

Trotz has somehow gotten the message to Ovi, while scoring is great, D wins Cups

The Caps are a good team and the way that all 5 of them absolutely collapse in front of Holtby in their own zone forces the opponents to make the perfect shot but at the same time, I think the Rangers biggest issue right now is that first pass out of their own zone, not as mobile on the back end as they probably would like and it makes that first pass tough when a Cap is easily right on top of the D

Gee Wally

Old, Grumpy Moderator
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
HF retirement home
22 years and counting...........

but............but..............but.............we once ruled hockey.

Yeah and the world was ruled by dinosaurs. How'd that work out?

LOL!

:laugh:

Ole, ole, ole....my ass.

RedeyeRocketeer

Jan 11, 2012
Canada
The interesting thing about the Habs team is that the things they need are extremely hard to obtain. They're even more poor on the wings than we are, they're really poor down the middle, and with an aging Markov they're paper thin in quality D. It's basically Price keeping them afloat.

ranold26

Tuukka likes the post...
May 28, 2003
The interesting thing about the Habs team is that the things they need are extremely hard to obtain. They're even more poor on the wings than we are, they're really poor down the middle, and with an aging Markov they're paper thin in quality D. It's basically Price keeping them afloat.

I agree....and it's hilarious watching them over in the cess pool blaming the coaching etc. I can't stand Therrien, but no way in hell is he to blame.
Tampa is just a way better club. End of story.

Fire Sweeney

Jun 16, 2009
Bergen
The top goalies in the NHL are all overpaid relative to the salary cap.

If the Habs lose tomorrow, only Lundqvist will remain (among the top 8 salaried goalies).

http://www.spotrac.com/nhl/rankings/2015/average/goaltender/

And 10 centers in the top 11 cap hits will be out soon

http://www.spotrac.com/nhl/rankings/average/center/

7 out of 8 for LW

http://www.spotrac.com/nhl/rankings/average/left-wing/

11 out of 13 for RW

http://www.spotrac.com/nhl/rankings/2014/average/right-wing/

The entire top 10 for D

http://www.spotrac.com/nhl/rankings/2014/average/defenseman/

Fire Sweeney

Jun 16, 2009
Bergen

Price and the entire Habs teams were very average for the last 2 months od the season.

Take out the free points and inflated goalie stats handed out by Claude Julien and no one sees that mediocre team as favorites.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad