Our Stanley Cup chances are being hindered by an extremely weak captain.

Lemons

Mar 26, 2008
I dont even get the Vanek hate, why is MT playing him 18 mins a game ? no goals in what ? 14 games. Disgusting. Gionta is a black hole of offence and just cringeworth to watch. So many turnovers. I dont even see him coming back at a discounted rate. Bournival ( not much better) should take his spot IMO or anyone else. Lunqvist is the unanimous for NYC and is stepping up to the plate.

HabsRockBruinsChoke

Jul 30, 2013
Captaincy actually has no effect. I can't believe hockey fans take it seriously.

Basketball fans could really give rat's *** about captaincy even though they have it.

Rangers don't even have one and they are up in the series.

NHL made the captain position for every team for marketing purposes, it really don't mean no ****

Miller Time

Sep 16, 2004
Gionta has struggled offensively... but he's been solid defensively & playing with the usual intensity.

He's far from our biggerst problem.

Teufelsdreck

Sep 17, 2005
I dont even get the Vanek hate, why is MT playing him 18 mins a game ? no goals in what ? 14 games. Disgusting. Gionta is a black hole of offence and just cringeworth to watch. So many turnovers. I dont even see him coming back at a discounted rate. Bournival ( not much better) should take his spot IMO or anyone else. Lunqvist is the unanimous for NYC and is stepping up to the plate.

Why don't you make a relevant observation, such as why Therrien hasn't devised an effective PP after 3 games against the Rangers and 2 days off to study video?

Ezpz

No mad pls
Apr 16, 2013
Can't really say that until we're eliminated. Anything can happen. Toews was a no-show in 2010 in a few of the series and still won the Conn Smythe. Not that Gionta could possibly get to that level but one or two good games and a series win and people would be begging to re-sign him.

Apoplectic Habs Fan

Aug 17, 2002
Plenty of no shows this series.

Gionta is just one of pretty much all the vets who have disappeared.

DD and Pacioretty are garbage again

Pleks just becomes more of an after thought as each game passes. Whole shift is in the defensive zone as he chips, chases then peels off.

Vanek? Can't say I even remember he is playing for the habs

Dr_Hook

Jun 4, 2006
Gionta has struggled offensively... but he's been solid defensively & playing with the usual intensity.

He's far from our biggerst problem.

He has struggled MIGHTILY on the offensive side, hampering the ability of his linemates to be productive and I would argue that he's been kind of iffy defensively. He's been late on some d assignments, not as aware as we're used to I'd say. We're seeing him age (quickly) in front of our eyes I believe.

You say he's not our biggest problem, but I say collectively one of our big problems is lack of dynamism and production from the wing, and he certainely is part of that problem, and not the solution...

WhiskeySeven*

Expect the expected
Jun 17, 2007
He's a black-hole offensively and he's really, really bad with the puck but this team is very well motivated and never says quit. So no, he's not hindering us from a leadership standpoint - there's no proof of that.

MontrealCanadiens*

Gionta's one of the hardest working guys out there tonight. Thread is dumb.

And has the talent of an AHL player. Hardest working is worthless if you're terrible. Which he very much is.

hf27

Jan 29, 2013
Plenty of no shows this series.

Gionta is just one of pretty much all the vets who have disappeared.

DD and Pacioretty are garbage again

Pleks just becomes more of an after thought as each game passes. Whole shift is in the defensive zone as he chips, chases then peels off.

Vanek? Can't say I even remember he is playing for the habs

Emelin is garbage

Kriss E

May 3, 2007
Jeddah
One of the dumbest thread I've seen in a while.
We have 1 goal for and one against during pretty much 16 minutes of playing with a man up, and we blame our captain who is back playing on a line that's just not working for him.

DJ Breadman

Jan 18, 2011
Newfoundland
it's mostly weak defense, can't clear the puck, can't stake it out, can't get back fast enough, turnover machines, and on top of that have tipped a lot of pucks into their own net all series

MontrealCanadiens*

yeah yeah yeah. AHL quality.:loony:

So you think an over the hill, tiny winger with no goals in countless games is good? He doesn't hit, has the weakest shot on the team, and never scores. AHL is actually a compliment. He should be retired, the ****ing bum.

Dr_Hook

Jun 4, 2006
One of the dumbest thread I've seen in a while.
We have 1 goal for and one against during pretty much 16 minutes of playing with a man up, and we blame our captain who is back playing on a line that's just not working for him.

And lately which line HAS worked for him exactly ?

He is so un-creative, his hustle and determination can't make up for it anymore, because he's lost a step. He used to be a speedster, now he's just ok.

We need an upgrade at wing this summer and he's one of the strong candidates not to be brought back.

Markov4Captain

Dec 29, 2009
Montreal, QC
Gionta was never supposed to be the captain who brought us the cup. He was a 'gap' captain-the guy who 'lead' the team during the rebuild. That rebuild took less time than expected. I highly doubt he'll be wearing the C the day MTL brings #25 home.

JLP

Refugee
Aug 16, 2005
Really hope we don't re-sign Gio, he works hard but does not have the size or the speed or the skills required.

NobleSix

High Tech Low-Life.
Apr 20, 2013
CyberSpace
www.ilovebees.co
Hopefully next season we are spared the cruel punishment of having to constantly whiteness Gionta slap shots from the top of the circle right at the goalies crest. I hope he walks at the end of the season so badly.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad