OT: Our PDO sucks. Let's lighten the mood! Free Slurpees & Bagel Brawls

Status
Not open for further replies.

YearlyLottery

The Pooch Report
Feb 7, 2013
South Carolina

Family Guy link above.

It's another year and here we go again. Kind of sad. The Isles are what most of us expected they would be. I'm not ready to bail on them yet but if they're going to suck, can they please go full tank mode?
Meanwhile, the Sound Tigers are not the dynamo some were predicting. Still early but I was hoping to have false hope for at least another month or two somewhere in the NY area.

Now my only ray of hope comes from watching grainy goal scoring videos from 5' 7" Russians or some other teenager who doesn't shave yet.
It's going to be a long winter.

Barzal is worth watching alone. There was no point in trading prime assets this season when they were not going to compete for a Cup anyway. Maybe it is just me but there is a lot to look forward to on this team and while it may not be on the ice for the first time in my life we have a GM and a coach here that want to do more than just win. They want to get away from that thought process that we have to be the underdog in every season.

Eventually the goal is for teams to worry about playing the Islanders and that is something I have never seen in this organization in my life. It's exciting for the people that did not get to see that Cup years. It is exciting for the people that can actually look at this team and have something to look forward to. They finally have a GM who can get the big time player and make the big move. They have Lamoriello and Trotz now. Regardless of how they do this season I am pumped.

Can't wait to watch JHS, Bellows, Toews, and MDC.

Axel574

Dec 9, 2015

I read that article yesterday ... ya gotta love how they get a Yankees did in there as well as say they took something sacred from us. I serious doubt that place would crack the top ten in NYC.

Who give a rats ass with the morons on TripAdvisor think anyway.. although Bleaker St pizza is certainly among the citys best so they got that right I suppose.

Doshell Propivo

Dec 5, 2005
I read that article yesterday ... ya gotta love how they get a Yankees did in there as well as say they took something sacred from us. I serious doubt that place would crack the top ten in NYC.

Who give a rats ass with the morons on TripAdvisor think anyway.. although Bleaker St pizza is certainly among the citys best so they got that right I suppose.
It's not even top 10 in Boston.

doublechili

For all intensive purposes, your nuts
Apr 11, 2006

It's probably fake reviews on TripAdvisor, which means that article is... fake news!!

Reactions: nycole

nycole

no longer in distress
Feb 25, 2016
In my limited amount of TV time (mostly at work) I've been watching Black Mirror and re-watching Shameless. And dystopian of all, the Giants.

Black Mirror doesn't seem bad after watching the Islanders or the Giants.

Quickdraw2828

Aug 2, 2011
At the risk of sounding like a "not macho guy", I think the acting on This is Us is fantastic

did I say that out loud? :help:

doublechili

Apr 11, 2006
At the risk of sounding like a "not macho guy", I think the acting on This is Us is fantastic

did I say that out loud? :help:
I have wondered whether the creator of This is Us got the idea while listening to the Mark Knopfler/Emmylou Harris song of the same name. Based on nothing but a hunch.

doublechili

Apr 11, 2006
Anybody familiar with the Marcus King Band? Love them. Great mash of Country/Blues/Soul/Jazz.... Scary that MK is just 21 years old. The song Goodbye Carolina from their latest album is really, really good. My 14 year old walked in while I was listening to it tonight and sat down next to me and really liked it - heard him singing it later. I don't know if I'm more impressed with MK or my kid as a result. :laugh:

Doshell Propivo

Dec 5, 2005
Anybody familiar with the Marcus King Band? Love them. Great mash of Country/Blues/Soul/Jazz.... Scary that MK is just 21 years old. The song Goodbye Carolina from their latest album is really, really good. My 14 year old walked in while I was listening to it tonight and sat down next to me and really liked it - heard him singing it later. I don't know if I'm more impressed with MK or my kid as a result. :laugh:
Yes! I’ve seen them live twice. Super good. Saw this at red rocks.

doublechili

Apr 11, 2006

Yes! I’ve seen them live twice. Super good. Saw this at red rocks.

That's great - unfortunately I haven't seen either band yet. Tedeschi Trucks Band had been my favorite current band, but MKB has moved up to #1. And In Memory of Elizabeth Reed is one of my all-time favorite songs, but after the Allman's performance from Fillmore East anyone else is going to pale by comparison (that song and Whipping Post from that concert/album is possibly the high point of modern music! :)). The ABB was so tight, even on extended jams, and Duane Allman IMO was the best ever - not a performance dynamo like SRV or as innovative as Hendrix but just incredibly musically gifted.

Anyway, here's a great MKB video showing a more soulful/jazzy side.

Quickdraw2828

Aug 2, 2011
That's great - unfortunately I haven't seen either band yet. Tedeschi Trucks Band had been my favorite current band, but MKB has moved up to #1. And In Memory of Elizabeth Reed is one of my all-time favorite songs, but after the Allman's performance from Fillmore East anyone else is going to pale by comparison (that song and Whipping Post from that concert/album is possibly the high point of modern music! :)). The ABB was so tight, even on extended jams, and Duane Allman IMO was the best ever - not a performance dynamo like SRV or as innovative as Hendrix but just incredibly musically gifted.

Whenever I hear a great guitar tone and I kook at the guitar to see what it is, seventy five percent of the time it's a Gibson ES-335.

doublechili

Apr 11, 2006
Whenever I hear a great guitar tone and I kook at the guitar to see what it is, seventy five percent of the time it's a Gibson ES-335.
From the videos I've seen, that's probably the guitar he plays about 75% of the time coincidentally. Mostly an SG the rest of the time.

Big L

Grandpa’s Cough Medicine is 180 Proof
Feb 7, 2013
CT
I have a pair of Duluth Buck Naked orange boxers, same isles orange color. Last three times I’ve worn them on game day, Isles have won (SJ 1, LA, PHI).

Exciting, I know.

PK Cronin

Bailey Fan Club Prez
Feb 11, 2013
I have a pair of Duluth Buck Naked orange boxers, same isles orange color. Last three times I’ve worn them on game day, Isles have won (SJ 1, LA, PHI).

Exciting, I know.

Are they actually any different from other boxers?

On an unrelated note, the new season of It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia is disappointing.

13th Floor

Oct 10, 2008
Finished episode 4 last night, getting real good with Agent Petty.

I've said it before, Ruth is some actress and character.

Just started this show as well. About 5 or 6 episodes in and it's been great so far. I haven't looked her up at all, because I'm always fearful of seeing spoilers or hearing too much, but whoever plays Ruth looks like an actress that is just going to explode.

Also, I'm always impressed with actors that can go from comedy to drama. Brian Cranston a notable recent. The reverse is much more common and I think a bit more natural. Jason Bateman really pulls this off though.

Reactions: Mr Misunderstood

doublechili

Apr 11, 2006
Are they actually any different from other boxers?

On an unrelated note, the new season of It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia is disappointing.
OMG, yet another post about boxer shorts and Always Sunny in Philadelphia? Can we talk about anything else on this site?! Maybe mix in something about whether Hickey is any good or if JHS will make it or not?!?!

:sarcasm:

Doshell Propivo

Dec 5, 2005

Yeah that's a great tune. And agree on the Allmans. Live at the Fillmore East truly is as good as music gets. Just an unbelievable album.

I'm seeing TTB Friday. :)

Reactions: doublechili
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad