OT: Our PDO sucks. Let's lighten the mood! Free Slurpees & Bagel Brawls

Status
Not open for further replies.

Doshell Propivo

Dec 5, 2005
Why do baseball teams celebrate with champagne after every playoff round win? Ridiculous. Save that shit for the World Series. Even winning the pennant now shouldn't be celebrated. With interleague play and the new playoff format it's far from the accomplishment it once was. Pop the cork when you win it all. All these celebrations with the ski goggles and the contrived hopping up and down. Ugh. Makes me sick.

Reactions: nycole

PK Cronin

Bailey Fan Club Prez
Feb 11, 2013
Why do baseball teams celebrate with champagne after every playoff round win? Ridiculous. Save that **** for the World Series. Even winning the pennant now shouldn't be celebrated. With interleague play and the new playoff format it's far from the accomplishment it once was. Pop the cork when you win it all. All these celebrations with the ski goggles and the contrived hopping up and down. Ugh. Makes me sick.

Agreed.

Richie Daggers Crime

Boosted 9 times they/them
Mar 8, 2004
Boise
Why do baseball teams celebrate with champagne after every playoff round win? Ridiculous. Save that **** for the World Series. Even winning the pennant now shouldn't be celebrated. With interleague play and the new playoff format it's far from the accomplishment it once was. Pop the cork when you win it all. All these celebrations with the ski goggles and the contrived hopping up and down. Ugh. Makes me sick.

I don't mind the celebration so much. But, it's so sanitized these days, the charm of it is gone. It's like when a team has a walk off victory, everybody is so worried about getting hurt, they keep each other at arms length and jump up and down. Looks f***ing stupid.

Big L

Grandpa’s Cough Medicine is 180 Proof
Feb 7, 2013
CT
The baseball players jumping up and down after a win looks insanely stupid. They don’t do that in hockey, and pretty sure I’ve never seen it in football. I don’t watch much else so I wouldn’t know any other sports they do that. Soccer maybe? Either way, just another reason baseball blows.

nycole

no longer in distress
Feb 25, 2016
That awkward moment when you realize the Isles are the best team in the city.

Glory Days

Aug 16, 2012
Charlotte

Pretty soon every player will get a participation trophy like my kids got playing pee wee soccer.

Brunomics

Sep 2, 2006

because they are little B******

Reactions: Doshell Propivo

The Real JT

No diving allowed
Jul 2, 2018
Connecticut

Family Guy link above.

It's another year and here we go again. Kind of sad. The Isles are what most of us expected they would be. I'm not ready to bail on them yet but if they're going to suck, can they please go full tank mode?
Meanwhile, the Sound Tigers are not the dynamo some were predicting. Still early but I was hoping to have false hope for at least another month or two somewhere in the NY area.

Now my only ray of hope comes from watching grainy goal scoring videos from 5' 7" Russians or some other teenager who doesn't shave yet.
It's going to be a long winter.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $1,752.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Metz vs Lille