Our only hope

Shareefruck

Apr 2, 2005
Vancouver, BC
Unpopular opinion-- Troy Stecher is WILDLY overrated right now. He's had a very promising "Wow, he's coming along surprisingly well" year that you gotta admire and love the story, but people talk like he's ALREADY become an impact player that is one of the driving forces of this team right now. (didn't he win the defenseman of the year thing? Pretty ridiculous)

IMO, he still needs to be heavily sheltered, and Edler is doing almost all of the heavy-lifting. He's found a niche spot on the team where he isn't in the way, and it looks like he can comfortably develop in it, which is extremely promising-- He's shown he can stick with it as a useful NHLer, but this idea that he's one of our better players that is currently carrying the team is nuts, IMO.

To this point, he's significantly less impactful/effective/important than Horvat, Baertschi, Markstrom, Edler, or Tanev, IMO (probably even Boeser, based on a small sample size). Not that we should expect that much out of him in the first place.

valkynax

The LEEDAR
Sponsor
May 19, 2011
Burnaby
Unpopular opinion-- Troy Stecher is WILDLY overrated right now. He's had a very promising "Wow, he's coming along surprisingly well" year that you gotta admire and love the story, but people talk like he's ALREADY become an impact player that is one of the driving forces of this team right now. (didn't he win the defenseman of the year thing? Pretty ridiculous)

IMO, he still needs to be heavily sheltered, and Edler is doing almost all of the heavy-lifting. He's found a niche spot on the team where he isn't in the way, and it looks like he can comfortably develop in it, which is extremely promising-- He's shown he can stick with it as a useful NHLer, but this idea that he's one of our better players that is currently carrying the team is nuts, IMO.

To this point, he's significantly less impactful/effective/important than Horvat, Baertschi, Markstrom, Edler, or Tanev, IMO (probably even Boeser, based on a small sample size). Not that we should expect that much out of him in the first place.

He was a player to watch last season. This season we can see how he pans out, our D line is a little thinner with Tryamkin and Sbisa (lulz) gone. He'll be given tougher assignments, if he can push through it, great. If not, meh.

Pastor Of Muppets

Jan 19, 2017
With Lindening at the helm, not a chance.

They will think the team improved, they will trade away picks for useless players on overpriced contracts, then either misses the playoff by 2-3 points or gets bounced 4-0 in round one and declare the retool and the season a brilliant success.

Then Aquaman will give both a 5 year extension, while the Leafs reach SCF or even getting the actual cup.

What does Lindenning have to do with our luck in the draft lottery FFS..?....They finished 28th and 29th in respective years..How much more can you bottom out than that.

valkynax

The LEEDAR
Sponsor
May 19, 2011
Burnaby
What does Lindenning have to do with our luck in the draft lottery FFS..?....They finished 28th and 29th in respective years..How much more can you bottom out than that.

Humor me for a moment, where did I say Linden has anything to do with draft lottery?

I, and many others, hate Benning because he's a spineless moron who can't talk, can't trade, and doesn't know the meaning of asset management; We hate Linden because he's an arrogant, passive-aggressive ass who lies like Richard Nixon. Neither of these two morons should be allowed anywhere near the team.

And are you aware of the fact that we finished 28th and 29th place by result, not by design?

Pastor Of Muppets

Jan 19, 2017
Humor me for a moment, where did I say Linden has anything to do with draft lottery?

I, and many others, hate Benning because he's a spineless moron who can't talk, can't trade, and doesn't know the meaning of asset management; We hate Linden because he's an arrogant, passive-aggressive ass who lies like Richard Nixon. Neither of these two morons should be allowed anywhere near the team.

And are you aware of the fact that we finished 28th and 29th place by result, not by design?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ogie Goldthorpe View Post
Our only hope is that we finally reverse our bad luck in the draft lottery next year.
"With Lindening at the helm, not a chance".

Linden is compared to Richard Nixon now...?...:laugh:

valkynax

The LEEDAR
Sponsor
May 19, 2011
Burnaby
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ogie Goldthorpe View Post
Our only hope is that we finally reverse our bad luck in the draft lottery next year.
"With Lindening at the helm, not a chance".

Linden is compared to Richard Nixon now...?...:laugh:

I was referring to the hope of the entire team, plus Linden and Benning is unlikely to let the team tank, they will sacrifice as much of the team's future and assets as possible to get it to playoff and declare success.

If you want to defend Benning why don't you draw some facts instead of making other-worldly warped implications that can only see by your biased eyes.

Linden's never respected the fans, right from the beginning. Him and Benning are the dumb and dumber pair of this team and, barring a biblical miracle, both needs to be purged before the team has any hope moving forward.

Facts won't change no matter how you try to sugar coat it. And the cold hard facts we face right now is, this team is a dumpster fire without the remotest chance at the cup and a very mediocre prospect pool. Someone already posted way back that, had Benning sat on his ass and done nothing, the team would've been better off.

valkynax

The LEEDAR
Sponsor
May 19, 2011
Burnaby
They need a 1c

Bowie can be a 1b but then need another as well then.

I feel we need a little more than that.

Elite 1C and elite 1D are the minimum, at least to me. Boeser SHOULD be able to fill in for that scoring 1W role.

Just that most of our promising prospects are still question marks...

Pastor Of Muppets

Jan 19, 2017
I was referring to the hope of the entire team, plus Linden and Benning is unlikely to let the team tank, they will sacrifice as much of the team's future and assets as possible to get it to playoff and declare success.

If you want to defend Benning why don't you draw some facts instead of making other-worldly warped implications that can only see by your biased eyes.

Linden's never respected the fans, right from the beginning. Him and Benning are the dumb and dumber pair of this team and, barring a biblical miracle, both needs to be purged before the team has any hope moving forward.

Facts won't change no matter how you try to sugar coat it. And the cold hard facts we face right now is, this team is a dumpster fire without the remotest chance at the cup and a very mediocre prospect pool. Someone already posted way back that, had Benning sat on his ass and done nothing, the team would've been better off.

Linden and Benning are cureently sacrificing as much of the teams future and assets to get to the playoffs this year...and declare success?...........:laugh:

Linden has never respected the fans..?....Of all of the billions of people in this world..you pick him as the one to have an ulterior motive and screw all the Canuck fans over over.........Get some help.

valkynax

The LEEDAR
Sponsor
May 19, 2011
Burnaby
Linden and Benning are cureently sacrificing as much of the teams future and assets to get to the playoffs this year...and declare success?...........:laugh:

Linden has never respected the fans..?....Of all of the billions of people in this world..you pick him as the one to have an ulterior motive and screw all the Canuck fans over over.........Get some help.

Have you listened to his interviews? Have you read a single word he said?

Also it might be a good idea to take 10 seconds to look at Benning's transaction thread.
:facepalm:

Huggy

Respectful Handshake
Jul 22, 2014
Vancouver
I feel we need a little more than that.

Elite 1C and elite 1D are the minimum, at least to me. Boeser SHOULD be able to fill in for that scoring 1W role.

Just that most of our promising prospects are still question marks...

I feel a 1d is so hard to draft or acquire compared to a 1c. Our situation is leaning towards a defensive squad full of 2d. I dont see how we get a 1d without lucking out with a pick.

I like Tanev leading a troop of Stecher Hutton and Juolevi. Not championship calibre but I dont think we can look 3 steps ahead right now.

Boeser is a hopeful. and then we have a sprinkling of top 9 maybes. My personal focus is seeing if we are out of tank range with Green.

or the holy grail finish 2 points out of playoffs and pull a Philly

valkynax

The LEEDAR
Sponsor
May 19, 2011
Burnaby
I feel a 1d is so hard to draft or acquire compared to a 1c. Our situation is leaning towards a defensive squad full of 2d. I dont see how we get a 1d without lucking out with a pick.

I like Tanev leading a troop of Stecher Hutton and Juolevi. Not championship calibre but I dont think we can look 3 steps ahead right now.

Boeser is a hopeful. and then we have a sprinkling of top 9 maybes. My personal focus is seeing if we are out of tank range with Green.

or the holy grail finish 2 points out of playoffs and pull a Philly

Oh I agree completely. In my eyes elite talents, D or C, are hard to get regardless.

I try to remain hopeful that Juolevi can become that elite 1D, however small the chance may be.

I do think that we need to tank hard for the next draft, IF said draft is as stacked as people made it out to be. Especially consider how sporadic draft rank can be and difficulties in obtaining these talents. We need to tank, and we need a lot of picks. And hopefully we can draft someone good.

Luck is not in our control, but we can do whatever we can to increase chance of success by other means.

Pastor Of Muppets

Jan 19, 2017

Canucks prospect pools have recently been ranked #7 by the Hockeywriters ,and #9 by Cory Pronman..It's a good step in the right direction ,especially from a team that had no prospect pool in 2014..One more draft and we should be in the top 5 next season.

You rant on about facts.........and then post 'someone' as your source..brilliant stuff..

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad