Our new Captain….

alex716

Jan 10, 2014
Pavelski seemed like the obvious choice imo. And he's probably the one player that Thornton wouldn't really mind passing over the C to. It was between him and Thornton. Thornton has to have a A atleast. It wouldn't make sense to not have him in a leadership role. The last pick was probably between Couture, Marleau and Vlasic. I haven't really seen much from Vlasic, so I can't really comment on him, and Marleau never really struck me as a leader, and maybe it was time for some new blood. That leaves Couture. I can see a lot of leadership potential in him. He's got the passion for the game and a lot of enthusiasm. This is also the negative thing about him. But if he can mature a bit and find his cool, he could become a really good captain in a few years time.

Kitten Mittons

Nov 18, 2007
He's in Boston now.
He was banned from the league after a testing positive for awesomesauce.
He quit hockey to become a buddhist monk in china.
Pretty sure he was killed by a sting ray barb to the heart while snorkeling.
OK got it. So he got signed/traded to Boston, was so good that the league simply banned him to even the odds, so he became a Buddhist monk in China; the initiation required deep diving into the ocean where he was killed by a string ray barb to the heart.

Which begs the question... then why wasn't Semenov nominated as the captain instead?

Painful Quandary

Mar 22, 2015
California
OK got it. So he got signed/traded to Boston, was so good that the league simply banned him to even the odds, so he became a Buddhist monk in China; the initiation required deep diving into the ocean where he was killed by a string ray barb to the heart.

Which begs the question... then why wasn't Semenov nominated as the captain instead?

Everyone knows that the legend that is John Scott is above Semenov in the line of succession which is the Shark's captaincy.

The Nemesis

Semper Tyrannus
Apr 11, 2005
Langley, BC

It would violate league rules regarding unfair competitive advantages. Semenov as captain would simply cause all other teams to forfeit, making the Sharks go 82-0-0 without ever stepping onto the ice. The league can't allow that.

oyster

Jan 19, 2011
giphy.gif

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad