Our new Captain….

hohosaregood

Banned
Sep 1, 2011
Not surprising but I don't want to talk about needing a captain/letters getting stripped for like 20 years. Hopefully Pavs can be the next Jagr and stick around that long.

I'd rather a nice public ceremony when Pavs retires and hands off the C to Tierney.

stator

Apr 17, 2012
San Jose
Couture does not strike me as someone with the maturity for the "A" yet. Pavelski and Thornton, I agree with. Thornton has respect of the refs.

I have to wonder if it was not for Brown's season-ending hit on Hertl, would Hartl be wearing an "A" now?

WineShark

Nov 19, 2006
Napa Valley, CA
Seems like a good decision. I'm sure Vlasic was in there somewhere. Only slightly surprised Thornton is in there given the last couple years. Not at all surprised Marleau isn't included. Hopefully he can get his head screwed on straight and lift the play of his line again.

hockeyball

Nov 10, 2007
Pavelski has won championships at every level while being captain, except the NHL, so maybe that is all we need :P

Levie

Mar 15, 2011
I'm really surprised Vlasic didn't get an A over Thornton. I say that being a huge Thornton fan but seems like DW wants to distance the leadership role from him as much as possible.

Anomie2029

Oct 10, 2013
Melbourne, Australia
Pavs definitely deserved it.

I think he was possibly the only player who stood up last year.

Vlasic misses out which is surprising, but I think his nature just doesn't seem to carry that idea of a strong voice in the locker room.

Keeping Thornton as an A is a good decision. I could be making up the narrative in my head, but I see Pavelski as the apprentice ready to step up with Thornton there as his consultant.

weastern bias

worst team in the league
Feb 3, 2012
SJ
Not surprising but I don't want to talk about needing a captain/letters getting stripped for like 20 years. Hopefully Pavs can be the next Jagr and stick around that long.

Joe is 31

He'd need to be the next Gordie Howe for that to work out mathematically

SacLandshark

Dec 27, 2010
violent-recently.gif

:)

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad