Our KHL

Status
Not open for further replies.

marquinhos

Jul 1, 2012
Kazan
Hey, guys. We all have our ideas what should be KHL in future and what a teams will play here. So that (if moderator support me) I'm creating new thread about our dreams. Everyone can comment here own composition of KHL, which he wants to see. So we don't spam other threads, and get new "platform" for discussion and debate. :fight:

BalticWarrior

Apr 28, 2012
Riga
In 5 years time i want(and i think this is realistic) - that all teams have HD cameras,half of leagues teams have venues of 12k and up,better website,more emphasis on marketing the league and its stars.

QnebO

Wheel, snipe, celly
Feb 11, 2010
I just would like to post Western Conference. The league would have equal eastern conference

Western Conferfence:
Berlin
Hamburg
Munchen
London
Zurih
Helsinki
Tampere
Stockholm
Gothenburg
Paris
Oslo
Praha
Rome (team name: gladiators, arena name: colosseum)
Moscow
Moscow 2
Russia 3

QnebO

Wheel, snipe, celly
Feb 11, 2010
In 5 years time i want(and i think this is realistic) - that all teams have HD cameras,half of leagues teams have venues of 12k and up,better website,more emphasis on marketing the league and its stars.

They should really have HD cameras by now.. seriousely.

BalticWarrior

Apr 28, 2012
Riga
I just would like to post Western Conference. The league would have equal eastern conference

Western Conferfence:
Berlin
Hamburg
Munchen
London
Zurih
Helsinki
Tampere
Stockholm
Gothenburg
Paris
Oslo
Praha
Rome (team name: gladiators, arena name: colosseum)
Moscow
Moscow 2
Russia 3

What about riga? :D

marquinhos

Jul 1, 2012
Kazan
My KHL (near future)

Western:
Eisbaren Berlin (O2 Arena, 14200 seats)
Adler Mannheim (SAP Arena, 13600)
Kolner Haie Cologne (Lanxess Arena, 18700)
Hamburg Freezers (O2 Arena, 13000)
Sparta Prague (O2 Arena, 17400)
Kometa Brno (Kajot Arena, 7200)
Milani Rossoblu (Mediolanum Forum, 11000)
Medvescak Zagreb (Zagreb Arena, 15200)
Slovan Bratislava (Slovnaft Arena, 10055)
Jokerit Helsinki (Hartwall Arena, 13500)
HIFK Helsinki (Helsinki Garden, 11000)
TPS Turku (HK Arena, 11900)
Dinamo Riga (Arena Riga, 10300)
Dinamo Minsk (Minsk Arena, 15086)
Sokil Kiev (New Kiev Arena, 15300)
Donbass Donetsk (Kalmius Arena, 12800)

Well? :yo:

Peter25

Sep 20, 2003
Visit site
Well, it all depends on how Russian macro-economic situation develops. The KHL is very dependent of big Russian companies and even state support. How much money can be pumped into KHL is dependent how much revenue big Russian companies and state get mostly from oil&gas and minerals.

Even with the acquisition of Jokerit I don't see a big wave of western European teams joining the league. Maybe one or two more, but not enough to form a western conference that consists of only western European teams.

It is also possible that some of the current teams will be relegated to the VHL because of lack of funding, especially if economy slows down or even contracts. Right now Russian economy is pretty much in a standstill and troubles in Europe have an effect in Russia too since Europe is Russia's biggest trading partner.

I predict that the money thrown to sports in Russia will not be as plentiful as it has been in the last five years. This will reduce funding for many teams (Avangard already got something like 25% of its budget slashed next season) and forces teams to tighten their spending and try to be more professional and self-sustainable.

Mikey09

Mar 28, 2013
Bratislava
My KHL (near future)

Western:
Eisbaren Berlin (O2 Arena, 14200 seats)
Adler Mannheim (SAP Arena, 13600)
Kolner Haie Cologne (Lanxess Arena, 18700)
Hamburg Freezers (O2 Arena, 13000)
Sparta Prague (O2 Arena, 17400)
Kometa Brno (Kajot Arena, 7200)
Milani Rossoblu (Mediolanum Forum, 11000)
Medvescak Zagreb (Zagreb Arena, 15200)
Slovan Bratislava (Slovnaft Arena, 10055)
Jokerit Helsinki (Hartwall Arena, 13500)
HIFK Helsinki (Helsinki Garden, 11000)
TPS Turku (HK Arena, 11900)
Dinamo Riga (Arena Riga, 10300)
Dinamo Minsk (Minsk Arena, 15086)
Sokil Kiev (New Kiev Arena, 15300)
Donbass Donetsk (Kalmius Arena, 12800)

Well? :yo:

Are u sure? They have too old arena. If u want one more Czech team, Vitkovice could be better option, they have a really nice arena with 9568 capacity. In 2004 was there WC. Too much german clubs i think. And two Ukranian? Sorry but they will need 10 homeground players together, it is impossible. I missed maybe Vienna Capitals with 7022 capacity, or Hc Kosice (Slovan's bigest rival) with 8343 capacity (WC 2011).

Sucro

Rhymesayers Fanboy
May 11, 2013
Vienna
I want:
1) Avtomobilist to be renamed, I've never liked this name, it's way too long and doesn't suit team nowadays
2) Vienna to join instead of Salzburg
3) Partizan to make same changes as Medvescak has made and to join the KHL within 10 years
4) Amur to change logo, colour scheme and to build 18k arena, they deserve it
5) Ak Bars to change logo
6) Sary Arka to replace Barys
7) no teams from China
8) Cracovia instead of Olivia
9) no Neftekhimik, Vityaz and MNk, Yugra to be replaced by Rubin
10) bandy Superleague to behave like the KHL and to get indoor arenas
11) Russian teams to improve marketing and increase attendance
12) Winter Classic
13) Eurosport 2 to broadcast the league in HD
14) games against the NHL on regular basis
15) a teleporter
16) CSKA to win basketball Euroleague next season

Vicente

Jun 6, 2012
Cologne
32 team KHL with new foreign teams in Gdansk, Cracow, Kiev and Karaganda. KHL should stay an Eastern European league. There are too many cultural differences and I think Western European leagues are better off alone. KHL would destroy more in Germany, Switzerland or Sweden/Finland than it would give these countries benefits.

And I'd like to see places like Sochi and some really nice and big Russian cities to get KHL teams instead of the likes of Vityaz.

Sokil

Ukraine Specialitsky
Apr 29, 2010
Toronto
supermensa.org
i want contraction/demotion of small market russian teams. they add nothing to competition, dilute the talent base, and only make travel for other teams harder.

marquinhos

Jul 1, 2012
Kazan
Are u sure? They have too old arena. If u want one more Czech team, Vitkovice could be better option, they have a really nice arena with 9568 capacity. In 2004 was there WC. Too much german clubs i think. And two Ukranian? Sorry but they will need 10 homeground players together, it is impossible. I missed maybe Vienna Capitals with 7022 capacity, or Hc Kosice (Slovan's bigest rival) with 8343 capacity (WC 2011).

1. One team from Bohemia - one team from Moravia.

2. Nope. I prefer see 4-9 germans club in KHL. Because Germany is awesome market and awesome arenas.

3. Market. In Kiev live 3 mln potentional specatators. I

4. Money. Wienna haven't money.

5. Kosice? KHL needs new markets rather than gypsy's camps. :D

ficohok*

I would like to see Eisbaren, Sokol Kiev and Torpedo Kamenogorsk.

EDIT : Soviet Wings as well:)

Last edited by a moderator:

Dominus

Nov 5, 2004
In the very near future I would like to have a chance to watch KHL games online, through official channel, with HD quality and with finnish or english play-by-play.

Acallabeth

Post approved by Ovechkin
Jul 30, 2011
Moscow
- Getting rid of idiocy.
- HD quality for all games, improvement in the commentary area, more analysis on the TV.
- Not more than 30-32 teams, and by God please no teams from China/Mongolia/etc.
- Equal conferences.
- Dropping teams with constantly low attendance or ancient arenas.
- Most of teams at least coming close to being profitable.
- Much more, our KHL has a lot of growth room.

Vicente

Jun 6, 2012
Cologne
I'm absolutely sure that Vienna has more money than at least one of these German teams.

Hell no. Austrian sport lacks money everywhere. Ever thought why even their best football teams don't have even the slightest success international? Any German team in the highest division in any sport would always be financially better than any Austrian team. That is simply normal as Germany has 10 times the inhabitants of Austria.

And not one single hockey team in Austria plays in a modern and big arena while most German teams do. That is a lot of potential money lost for the Austrians... (Cologne, Hamburg, Berlin, Munich, Mannheim all have a budget way higher than Vienna, in fact of the 14 DEL teams only Augsburg has less than Vienna in 2013).

Last edited:

fedfed

@FedFedRMNB
Oct 28, 2010
Moscow City
Two unequal conferences:
East - 22 teams, 21 from Russia, 1 from Kazakhstan. 21 from Russia are all current minus Vityaz plus Rubin Tyumen and Lada Togliatti.
West - 18 European teams:
6 current
Jokerit
Another Finnish team, preferrably HIFK
Gdansk
Berlin
Cologne/Dusseldorf
Hamburg
Munchen
Vienna
Salzburg
Ljubljana
Bolzano/Milano
Gdansk/Kaliningrad
Backup plans: Tallinn, Vilnius, Krakow, any Czech city.

Finnpin

"internet"
Oct 10, 2005
Helsinki
In the very near future I would like to have a chance to watch KHL games online, through official channel, with HD quality and with finnish or english play-by-play.
Would be great to see Jokerit that way but I guess it would be blocked as Viasat seems to be having the KHL-rights here. Maybe they could add it through Viaplay or something.

Edit. But I'm sure that new Viasat Finland Hockey tv channel will focus in Jokerit games --> more buyers for the channel obviously

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad