Our Keepers

melinko

Jun 13, 2010
Minnesota
Doubt Miller comes here as he wants to "win". It´s reported that he´s intrested in joining the Ducks if things don´t work out with the Blues.

Miller isn't worth the price premium it takes to sign someone like him vs someone without the reputation imo.

I like upper-mid-tier guys who haven't labeled as "elite". Guys like Halak, Elliott, Bishop, Bernier.

Sportsfan1

Jun 9, 2012
State of Hockey
Oh boy could a couple of strong starts from Kuemper do wonders to the Wild's goaltending conundrum heading into next year. He obviously needs to start the rest of the way, and oh boy do we need him not just for this series but for the foreseeable future of our goaltending to showcase what he's got.

melinko

Jun 13, 2010
Minnesota
Oh boy could a couple of strong starts from Kuemper do wonders to the Wild's goaltending conundrum heading into next year. He obviously needs to start the rest of the way, and oh boy do we need him not just for this series but for the foreseeable future of our goaltending to showcase what he's got.

I don't think we have a choice anyway. I can't see how we add a goalie in FA already having 3 on contract.

vitogor

Oct 26, 2002
Minnesota
Visit site
We might just have to run the three goalie circus for a while. Go with Kuemper + whoever is healthy out of Backstrom/Harding. If they are all healthy, have to rotate all three. Not going to be the first time it's done, I remember a few teams had to do this. Most notably Detroit (Hasek, Osgood, Joseph?), Islanders (Nabokov, DP, and the third guy is escaping me EDIT: Montoya), San Jose (Nabokov, Toskala, Kiprusoff), and probably many others, just with a lot less drama ;)

Last edited:

Marlowe Syn

R-O-C-K-F-O-R-D
Sep 2, 2008
I see us rolling a goaltending trio next year. I have to think with his performance this year Kuemper is going to garner a one-way contract. Deservedly so. As Backs is not CBO eligible he'll be back. Maybe he can return to form to a certain degree if he gets healthy. Not exactly holding my breath, but I do believe he does still have some gas left in the tank. Harding is the wild card. He is such a fighter I don't expect him to fold and go home. But if he has the MS struggles next year a mid-season retirement ala Wes Walz would not come as a complete surprise either. Although an LTIR and draw insurance money would probably be more likely. With the durability issues of Backs, the health concerns for Harding I think we have to roll three goalies. Not ideal, but there we are.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad