Post-Game Talk: Our first loser point!

Soundwave

Mar 1, 2007
Why do we get Torts of all coaches? Do we need a hard ass or just someone that knows his ass from his elbow as a coach?

Because he is likely the fastest guy who get results immediately. Dude took down a generational Tampa team and a loaded Toronto squad as a large under dog both times.

He won't tolerate any shit. You play his way or the high way. He will hold everyone to account, McDavid and Drai included.

Give him McDavid, Drai, Hyman, Nurse, MAF or Price and that's a team no one wants to play. They may hate his guts but they will play their asses off and maybe just learn what it takes to win in this league.

ZJuice

pickle juice connoisseur
May 17, 2010
Edmonton
I personally like Torts but am aware he has an expiration date when he starts with a team. Always been a fan of his teams playstyle plus he has a music video

Reactions: Pizza!Pizza!

Czechboy

Cole is the real MVP!
Apr 15, 2018
Because he is likely the fastest guy who get results immediately. Dude took down a generational Tampa team and a loaded Toronto squad as a large under dog both times.

He won't tolerate any shit. You play his way or the high way. He will hold everyone to account, McDavid and Drai included.

Give him McDavid, Drai, Hyman, Nurse, MAF or Price and that's a team no one wants to play. They may hate his guts but they will play their asses off and maybe just learn what it takes to win in this league.
Just curious.... Where did Cooper come from? Back to back Stanley cups?

Still waiting for where did Keefe come from.

Soundwave

Mar 1, 2007
Just curious.... Where did Cooper come from? Back to back Stanley cups?

Still waiting for where did Keefe come from.

Cooper inherited the most loaded team in the NHL.

Keefe inherited also one of the most talented teams in the league that Babcock had already done a lot of the heavy lifting development on.

They turned on him because of Marner list gate but honestly I'm kinda impressed that he's so obsessive about compete level that he doesn't let guys like Marner off the hook. That is intense.

I want a coach who will challenge even McDavid and Draisaitl on compete now and again.

Tyrolean

Feb 1, 2004
Why does this team leave point men so open and have a collapse mentality in their own end? This is solely on the coaches system.

Oilers are a garbage team beaten by another garbage team. They will be hard pressed to make the playoffs and if they do they will do nothing. I hope there will be some drastic changes forthcoming.

Team's not worth watching live. That's why I always record and FF lol

Sanchez

Jan 18, 2006

cut.jpg

Tobias Kahun

Oct 3, 2017
Why does this team leave point men so open and have a collapse mentality in their own end? This is solely on the coaches system.

Oilers are a garbage team beaten by another garbage team. They will be hard pressed to make the playoffs and if they do they will do nothing. I hope there will be some drastic changes forthcoming.

Team's not worth watching live. That's why I always record and FF lol
The game tying goal was cause of a blatant interference that’s a penalty almost every time

Bored

Jan 13, 2008
The game tying goal was cause of a blatant interference that’s a penalty almost every time
I dont disagree it was an interference penalty. But name or sight another instance were a penalty would be called in the last minute of a game for the same play.

It doesnt happen, well at least not to our team anyway.

Im on board for ditching Tipp, but want nothing to do with Babcock. Sign me up for Torts, these players have too long a leash.

Edit: the only real player of influence on our team that Torts might rub the wrong way is Drai....might be the fire under his ass that he needs at least once per season

ConnorMcBackcheck

Dec 31, 2021
USA
It’s funny to read fans honestly thinking that a coach could come in and control what this mess has become. McDavid is the highest paid player in the league, he has everyone in sports media and fans singing his praises. Draisaitl and McDavid keep racking up points and floating around waiting for the puck to come back to them for 25 minutes a night.

Neither really seem to care to adjust the way they play to win, so what coach is coming in to change that? Why would they listen? McDavid is scoring at a 150 point pace, plays way too many minutes and is very weak defensively. The guy soaking up minutes and cap space hurts the team depth wise because guys can’t be paid or can’t be tempted to join the team knowing that they’re going to sit on the bench for 55 minutes a game.

The only way the team really gets better is if McDavid and Draisaitl get tired of losing and decide to be leaders, not just on the scoreboard.

Spawn

Something in the water
Feb 20, 2006
Edmonton
It’s funny to read fans honestly thinking that a coach could come in and control what this mess has become. McDavid is the highest paid player in the league, he has everyone in sports media and fans singing his praises. Draisaitl and McDavid keep racking up points and floating around waiting for the puck to come back to them for 25 minutes a night.

Neither really seem to care to adjust the way they play to win, so what coach is coming in to change that? Why would they listen? McDavid is scoring at a 150 point pace, plays way too many minutes and is very weak defensively. The guy soaking up minutes and cap space hurts the team depth wise because guys can’t be paid or can’t be tempted to join the team knowing that they’re going to sit on the bench for 55 minutes a game.

The only way the team really gets better is if McDavid and Draisaitl get tired of losing and decide to be leaders, not just on the scoreboard.
f*** off troll

TB12

Apr 5, 2015

Lol well of all the posts I’ve read that’s definitely one of them. Yikes.

Rengorlex

Aug 25, 2021

I was vocally critical of McDavid's defence in in 18-19 and 19-20 where it was a legitimate issue.

The last two years, that's just utter nonsense. McDavid has improved his defensive game tremendously and is giving a honest effort every game. He's committed to two-way game and is not a liability at all, even if he's never going to win a Selke.

ConnorMcBackcheck

Dec 31, 2021
USA
I was vocally critical of McDavid's defence in in 18-19 and 19-20 where it was a legitimate issue.

The last two years, that's just utter nonsense. McDavid has improved his defensive game tremendously and is giving a honest effort every game. He's committed to two-way game and is not a liability at all, even if he's never going to win a Selke.
You literally just watched a game where he allowed a recent 1st overall pick to walk into the center of the ice and use him(McDavid) as a screen. And are you forgetting both giveaways against Winnipeg last year?

These are backbreaking plays from the supposed best player in the world and since he’s been given that title, goalies and defenseman are blamed for his mistakes.

Rengorlex

Aug 25, 2021
You literally just watched a game where he allowed a recent 1st overall pick to walk into the center of the ice and use him(McDavid) as a screen. And are you forgetting both giveaways against Winnipeg last year?

These are backbreaking plays from the supposed best player in the world and since he’s been given that title, goalies and defenseman are blamed for his mistakes.
McDavid's defensive impact recently has been better than Crosby's at the same age. I don't use individual plays as an evaluation tool.

upload_2022-1-1_11-56-50.png

upload_2022-1-1_11-57-56.png

Attachments

• upload_2022-1-1_11-56-50.png
    upload_2022-1-1_11-56-50.png
    31.9 KB · Views: 1

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad