Our best bet for a starting goalie

Rhett4

Buffalo Selects Jack
Jul 9, 2002
Amerks #ROC
Garioch's last tweet is disturbing. Sabres closing in on Lehner. No. 1 pick + taking back Legwand expected. Yuck.

That would be brutal. Hope it's wrong or Murray takes a big hit in my eyes. There'd need to be a young player and a bigger deal for it to make sense...

Deevo

Jul 25, 2006
Halifax, Nova Scotia
Garrioch didn't specifically say it was 21, he said it was a 1st rounder. Could it possibly be a bigger deal where we acquire Ottawa's first? We can hope right????

Our 1st for Lehner just makes no sense.

Push Dr Tracksuit

Gerstmann 3:16
Jun 9, 2012
Lehner and Legwand for the 21st... God I hope there's more to it then that. Someone might need to fire Murray before he sends Eichel to Ottawa.

jc17

Jun 14, 2013
Lehner and Legwand for the 21st... God I hope there's more to it then that. Someone might need to fire Murray before he sends Eichel to Ottawa.

They are tight to the cap and still have guys to sign.

Any chance Hoffman could be coming? He's an RFA.

haseoke39

Mar 29, 2011
That would be brutal. Hope it's wrong or Murray takes a big hit in my eyes. There'd need to be a young player and a bigger deal for it to make sense...

People will praise it within 24 hours. It's how the board works.

Sabretip

Jan 13, 2010
Phoenix, AZ

I hope this isn't true!

Hate to say I told you so but....there was too much writing on the wall for this not to happen. Familiarity with a former draft pick, age, contract, size....I always figured Lehner was at top of Murray's list, even if he wasn't my preferred 1st choice.

Garioch's last tweet is disturbing. Sabres closing in on Lehner. No. 1 pick + taking back Legwand expected. Yuck.

Would have to be a lot more pieces involved than just Lehner and the pick, right?

18, Lehner, Legwand for 21+?

If 21 is going, we can all stop dreaming about ROR.

Maybe Wiercioch is involved

Not necessarily - if Murray gets a package of Lehner+Wiercioch+Legwand+42nd for Grigorenko+21st, he could then turn around and flip Wiercioch, 31st, 51st and a prospect for O'Reilly. All of the reports and theories noted that the Avs wanted a top 4 defender and/or forward; a 1st rounder was often proposed but not a dealbreaker.

Having a 25-year old LHD like Wiercioch, who played really well in top 4 role at end of last season, would give Murray more flexibility - either as an asset to deal away or as insurance if he has to give up Zadorov.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad