Our best bet for a starting goalie

Push Dr Tracksuit

Gerstmann 3:16
Jun 9, 2012
Murray has to overpay on every trade because when he trades Eichel for 2 1st and Kyle Turris he has plausible deniability.

FearTheBeard

Mar 27, 2011
I just don't understand what the hell he's thinking. Its a complete buyers market, and the goalies with higher value than Lehner aren't even fetching a first. Murray is out to lunch, if this comes through as confirmed

Ruckus007

where to?
May 27, 2003
Huntington, WV
I just don't understand what the hell he's thinking. Its a complete buyers market, and the goalies with higher value than Lehner aren't even fetching a first. Murray is out to lunch, if this comes through as confirmed

We thought so, but until the other goalies are actually moved we won't actually know, right?

Push Dr Tracksuit

Jun 9, 2012
Baker with a very diplomatic bit of commentary on this deal, clearly he's not a fan of the deal as is being reported, yet avoids stepping on any nuts.

jc17

Jun 14, 2013
Baker with a very diplomatic bit of commentary on this deal, clearly he's not a fan of the deal as is being reported, yet avoids stepping on any nuts.

If the deal is as reported and Lehner ends up not being great, we might be disappointed but its not like its going to ruin the team.

If Lehner turns out to be good, its a fine deal. We'll also never know who they would have taken at 21.

My Cozen Dylan

Feb 21, 2014
Jacksonville, FL
If the deal is as reported and Lehner ends up not being great, we might be disappointed but its not like its going to ruin the team.

If Lehner turns out to be good, its a fine deal. We'll also never know who they would have taken at 21.

This is a good way to look at it, folks.

1point21Gigawatts

hell's a gigawatt?
Apr 7, 2010
The future
Someone must have driven the price up on Lehner and TM really wanted him? I can't imagine why he would make such a bad trade. Why the 21st? Why not the 31st? Can't help but feel that we are out on ROR with a move like this.

Push Dr Tracksuit

Jun 9, 2012
This is a good way to look at it, folks.

Over paying for a core piece, fine.
Over paying for a prospect you really like, fine.
Overpaying for a goalie, ok.
Hopefully in 10 years we aren't in Pittsburg's position because we nickel and dimed ourselves out of a prospect pool.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad