Ott's spear on Chara

lifelonghockeyfan

Dec 18, 2015
Lake Huron
Typical of Ott

The spear happened in at the 15 second mark of the first period. Looks like Ott didn't want to play that night so, might as well get a game misconduct.

During the last 10 years, don't think I know of a player that is big an strong and supposedly tough guy as Ott, who just can't wait for the officials to come and save him in a scrum.

This has to be Ott's last year, I'm sure he's on a number players dance ticket....if they can find him.

Tripod

I hate this team
Aug 12, 2008
Nova Scotia
To me, the league is ass backwards.

If you try and hit so one, and misjudge the play, or the guy moves last minute, or you are off by 5 inches, you could find yourself suspended for multiple games.

Yet if you spear someone, horse collar a guy to the ice, or take your hand on a falling guys head and push it into the boards, you get nothing.

Kimota

ROY DU NORD!!!
Nov 4, 2005
Les Plaines D'Abraham
The league needs to start suspending people more frequently for slew-foots and spears. Both are garbage plays that aren't being taken seriously enough.

All I expected was a fine, but honestly the league isn't doing enough to get this crap out of the game or at least make the punishment more severe.

As if the current league was not soft enough...

Tatar Shots

Feb 2, 2014
As if the current league was not soft enough...

There is nothing tough or 'manly' about being able to take a spear to the groin or being the one who spears someone else. It's a cheap and dirty move that the league needs to get rid of.

Dipsy Doodle

Rent A Barn
May 28, 2006
That said not going to shed any tears for Chara,

A+

what comes around is all around

big_1444154309_image.jpg

A++

me2

Go ahead foot
Jun 28, 2002
Make my day.
League made a rod for its own back when Lucic and Marchand went on a nut shot spree, Players were laughing at themn they couldn't even get Prust for his nut shot on Marchand. Players openly mocked the league ie Brandon Prust called it the "best money I ever spent". If they had have stepped in and suspended the first one, they stop the cycle.

Unspecified

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Apr 29, 2015
Oh i bet Jack Edwards lost his **** since he called him a "knee-seeking scud missile" a few years back.

Glove Malfunction

Ference is my binky
Jan 1, 2009
Pleasantly warm, AZ
Clear spear to the nuts / mid section, Ott knew it was Chara and knew what he was doing. No surprise tho, the league has established that a fine is the worst you can get for doing that.

That said not going to shed any tears for Chara, what comes around is all around

When has Chara ever speared anyone in the nuts? What a stupid thing to say.

Glove Malfunction

Ference is my binky
Jan 1, 2009
Pleasantly warm, AZ
League made a rod for its own back when Lucic and Marchand went on a nut shot spree, Players were laughing at themn they couldn't even get Prust for his nut shot on Marchand. Players openly mocked the league ie Brandon Prust called it the "best money I ever spent". If they had have stepped in and suspended the first one, they stop the cycle.

Please tell me when Marchand ever speared anyone in the nuts? He's BEEN speared in the pills, but never gone after anyone's nuts. Slewfoot, yeah. nutshots, nope. Try again.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad