Ott's spear on Chara

LarKing

Sep 2, 2012
Michigan
50$ is nothing to someone making 40k, yet people still get pissed at parking tickets

No it's not. A 40k salary is hardly livable in a lot of places. You could take away 90% of Ott's salary and he could still live comfortably on nearly 100k. There is a huge difference and this was a very poor example.

Treb

Global Flanderator
May 31, 2011
Montreal
No it's not. A 40k salary is hardly livable in a lot of places. You could take away 90% of Ott's salary and he could still live comfortably on nearly 100k. There is a huge difference and this was a very poor example.

50$ is less money on 40k (0.125%) than 2,222.22$ is on 800k (0.278%).

50$ at 40k shouldn't be the difference between livable and unlivable.

I stand by my example. Pretty sure Ott is not laughing at losing 2,222.22$.

The Zetterberg Era

Ball Hockey Sucks
Nov 8, 2011
Ft. Myers, FL
The league needs to start suspending people more frequently for slew-foots and spears. Both are garbage plays that aren't being taken seriously enough.

All I expected was a fine, but honestly the league isn't doing enough to get this crap out of the game or at least make the punishment more severe.

canadianmagpie

Jan 26, 2010
The league needs to start suspending people more frequently for slew-foots and spears. Both are garbage plays that aren't being taken seriously enough.

All I expected was a fine, but honestly the league isn't doing enough to get this crap out of the game or at least make the punishment more severe.

They had the opportunity to do so with Lucic. But when the most they gave him for a spear was a $5,000 fine after the 2nd or 3rd one within a couple weeks, they couldn't do any worse to others because then it would an obvious display of bias.

It's why Matt Cooke wasn't suspended for his hit on Savard. Mike Richards did the exact same hit and wasn't suspended and less than a couple weeks later, Cooke did the same hit that ruined Savard's career.

Sheppy

Nov 23, 2011
The Arctic

The league is trying to phase out fighting. You'll see more and more of this stuff.

Prairie Habs

Oct 3, 2010
It looks funny in slow-mo because its right in front of the Bruins bench and none of the players seem to care that their captain took a brutal spear like 2 feet away. I assume in real time you see the reaction afterwards.

Tim Vezina Thomas

Jun 4, 2009
50$ is less money on 40k (0.125%) than 2,222.22$ is on 800k (0.278%).

50$ at 40k shouldn't be the difference between livable and unlivable.

I stand by my example. Pretty sure Ott is not laughing at losing 2,222.22$.

Why are you putting the dollar in back of the dollar amount? It's making me irrationally angry.

Anyway, spearing is a bush league move. I would have been fine with a 2 minute minor, fine is fair as well.

Move on. No one is surprised Ott did this, and no one will be surprised when he does it again. It's not like he tomahawked someone in the neck.

Dog

Why are you putting the dollar in back of the dollar amount? It's making me irrationally angry.

Anyway, spearing is a bush league move. I would have been fine with a 2 minute minor, fine is fair as well.

Move on. No one is surprised Ott did this, and no one will be surprised when he does it again. It's not like he tomahawked someone in the neck.

He's probably French.

fighterfoo

Time for a change.
Nov 29, 2005
Manchester, NH
50$ is nothing to someone making 40k, yet people still get pissed at parking tickets

Someone with a $800k salary has a crap ton more disposable income than someone making $40k -- not a fair statement.

Now, if I got fined $50 for spearing the parking ticket dude in the pills -- I'd pay it happily.

LMFAO

May 20, 2010
Has Chara gone soft ? A couple of years ago he would have ripped Ott's head off.

Treb

Global Flanderator
May 31, 2011
Montreal

He's probably French.

I am indeed. I'm sorry for offending you :laugh:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad