Recalled/Assigned: Otto Leskinen Recalled to Montreal to join Taxi Squad (April 5th)

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
I would have thrown him to the wolves and see how he responds, as we know we are likely to make the playoffs and Chiarot it sounds like isn't that far off. He's not a young kid, he's been in the NHL before, let's see what he can do.

Edm Petry
Leskinen Weber
Mete/Kulak Romanov

Reactions: Prairie Habs

Archijerej

Jan 17, 2005
Poland
If they're following reports from Laval...he should get a shot on one of the PP units tonight.

Not holding my breath though.
And he probably shouldn't be playing on his off-side with a rookie. Were there really no veteran RDs available in the offseason?

Sounds like Bergevin has counted the number of defencemen he has and concluded that it was enough, without much regard to chemistry and actual pairings the coaches might have to deploy.

Reactions: 417

BBQ Chicken Alert!
Feb 20, 2003
Ottawa
And he probably shouldn't be playing on his off-side with a rookie. Were there really no veteran RDs available in the offseason?

Sounds like Bergevin has counted the number of defencemen he has and concluded that it was enough, without much regard to chemistry and actual pairings the coaches might have to deploy.
Agreed...by using him with Romanov, you're essentially already signalling you're intention.

He'll be on a short leash. So he'll be playing not to make mistakes and that's usually not a good thing

Reactions: Archijerej

Simarino

Oct 21, 2009

Leskinen as played the right side for most of the year in Laval

Archijerej

Jan 17, 2005
Poland
Leskinen as played the right side for most of the year in Laval
You mean last year? Because he most certainly played the majority of them on the left side this season. Also, he's played a fair bit on the right side last season, but as I recall, it was more of a 50/50 split.

Anyways, it's irrelevant. The NHL is a different animal. They are certainly not making it easy for him.

Locks

May 28, 2005
Very happy for him too, the brass has heard us clamouring to bring him in. ;) He does not have much of the window with Chariot getting closer to a return and MB potentially adding a veteran Dman so I hope he takes advantage of the opportunity.

According to Tony Marcotte, Leskinen played on the right for most of this season so there should not be a problem.

del17

Dec 26, 2015
Well deserved hopefully a precursor to moving out mete costing us a goal a game. I would play the following pairings
Romanov Webber
Edmondson Petry
Leskinen intergrated with Petry and whomever maybe paired with Romanov give Webber some much needed reduction in minutes

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
Leskinen has been Laval's best Dman by quite a bit.

Let's hope it translates tonight. Habs need help on D.

Is Leskinen’s call up, Bergevin simply doing his due diligence prior to the TDL?

WinterLion

Oct 1, 2017
This is well deserved. He was the best and most consistent D in Laval this season. He was playing a very mature game... almost the opposite of Mete. He is simple and solid, but also very skilled.... I hope he has the strength for the bigs.

Skip Bayless

The Skip Bayless Show
Aug 28, 2014
Good to see him get another shot, he was great in Laval.

He looked so weak and scared to get hit last year though. My hopes are not too high.

Simarino

Oct 21, 2009
He's been on the left side, it's been Leskinen Schueneman as the top pair.

Anthony Marcotte, who’s doing the Rockets game said yesterday that Leskinen played the right side with Schueneman most of the year that’s why he wanted to see him on the right side of Romanov.. Guess he made a mistake

Reactions: montreal

Archijerej

Jan 17, 2005
Poland
Anthony Marcotte, who’s doing the Rockets game said yesterday that Leskinen played the right side with Schueneman most of the year that’s why he wanted to see him on the right side of Romanov.. Guess he made a mistake
That's not correct. It is Schueneman who plays on the right side.

Reactions: Simarino

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
Yeah he probably wants to know what he has, but it is also very well deserved.... still he might prefer a vet

It's just opportune timing, then -- I agree that he deserved a call up, he's such a fluid skater. I hope he gets to shine.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad