Recalled/Assigned: Otto Leskinen Recalled to Montreal to join Taxi Squad (April 5th)

L4br3cqu3

Matter of principle.
Sponsor
May 5, 2002
La Tuque
In his 5 games last year with the Habs, thought he didn't look out of place too much, he surprised me defensively (expected a train wreck), love the way he skates but especially the way he always has his head up when he has the puck, looking at options. Hope we'll see him at least 1 game, if they go by merit, he deserves it.

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
well it's even odder now as it turns out they didn't even need to put Leskinen on the taxi since they brought up Baddock (injured), so they currently have 5 players on the taxi and have been putting injured players on their so you still have Ylonen, Fleury, Vejdemo or Belzile.

We'll see what happens to tomorrow since Laval plays, as long as Leskinen plays it's a moot point, if he doesn't then there better be a good reason to take out one of your best players. I know the trade deadline is coming up quick and there's no playoffs for Laval but this team is rolling, no need to mess with that unless you have a good reason.

Locks

May 28, 2005
well it's even odder now as it turns out they didn't even need to put Leskinen on the taxi since they brought up Baddock (injured), so they currently have 5 players on the taxi and have been putting injured players on their so you still have Ylonen, Fleury, Vejdemo or Belzile.

We'll see what happens to tomorrow since Laval plays, as long as Leskinen plays it's a moot point, if he doesn't then there better be a good reason to take out one of your best players. I know the trade deadline is coming up quick and there's no playoffs for Laval but this team is rolling, no need to mess with that unless you have a good reason.

This is interesting. I does look like they might have some plan for him in the near future because there is really no need to take him out when there is plenty of injured players in Laval to be on the TS. I suspect they might indeed give him some games to see if he is part of the depth for the stretch run and PO.

Also, it is quite possible that one of Mete or Kulak will go the other way as part of the package for a veteran D, whoever that might be, so Leskinen might be asked to play a few games before Chariot returns.

Archijerej

Jan 17, 2005
Poland
They have been using injured players to call up to the taxi though, they still have Ylonen, Fleury and Caufield they can use or Belzile although he could be back for tomorrows game perhaps.

as for the salary think of the taxi squad as being in the AHL.
I think the move has been purely psychological. They want him to know they've noticed him.

Locks

May 28, 2005
With Mete getting benched for the third after being responsible for two the goals against tonight, as well as that unreal assist last night, yeah, sit him and give Leskinen a shot.
I hope that happens, they need to know if he can be part of the depth down the stretch and PO. Just like many, including those who cover the team, I am very impressed by his play this season.

Reactions: Habs13

Habs13

Dec 30, 2004
Montreal
I hope that happens, they need to know if he can be part of the depth down the stretch and PO. Just like many, including those who cover the team, I am very impressed by his play this season.

I don't see why they wouldn't give a shot after how badly Mete has been, and how well Leskinen has played. Show the kids hard work gets rewarded. Show the Habs that crap play gets you sat in the press box

Reactions: Locks

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018
With Mete getting benched for the third after being responsible for two the goals against tonight, as well as that unreal assist last night, yeah, sit him and give Leskinen a shot.

Mete was responsible for that weak one handed back hand on the slow as molasses cross ice pass that went right through Allen?

And which other goal? The one where Weber screened Allen or the one where Ehlers went right around Petry after Petry turned it over? Neither if which he was on the ice for.

Habs13

Dec 30, 2004
Montreal
Mete was responsible for that weak one handed back hand on the slow as molasses cross ice pass that went right through Allen?

And which other goal? The one where Weber screened or the way where Ehlers went right around Petry after Petry turned it over?

Goals 2 and 3, where the guy wasn't able to stop a forward moving...well, forward. Are you going to defend the Edmonton assist too? Come on! The guy is awful. Skates well. That's it.

Reactions: angusyoung

Lafleurs Guy

Guuuuuuuy!
Jul 20, 2007
The solution has to bring in more scrubs just isn't going to work. Tonight Ducharme went with 5 D. At what point do they pony up for a real blueliner on the left side?

Reactions: Le Tricolore

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018
Goals 2 and 3, where the guy wasn't able to stop a forward moving...well, forward. Are you going to defend the Edmonton assist too? Come on! The guy is awful. Skates well. That's it.

Mete wasn't on the ice for goal 3. Not sure how you're searching to blame Mete led you to that one.

Goal 2 is on Allen. That's not defending Mete, it's just reality. How does a guy with one hand on his stick (because the defender is taking away his ability to have both hands on his stick) able to redirect a slow, soft cross ice pass past the goalie - when the goalie was easily able to get into position?

Holystik

Nov 17, 2018
Mars
7fe82dc422c1455ef1980580db5c70d2.jpg

angusyoung

Back in the day, I was always horny!
Aug 17, 2014
Heirendaar

A word of advice fore Mete, when you put your stick around someones body to check him, his stick is still free:rant:It was too funny,like he was water skiing being dragged along with zero stopping ability.:facepalm: Nice tip though,kudos to the Pegger.

Habs13

Dec 30, 2004
Montreal
A word of advice fore Mete, when you put your stick around someones body to check him, his stick is still free:rant:It was too funny,like he was water skiing being dragged along with zero stopping ability.:facepalm: Nice tip though,kudos to the Pegger.

Exactly what I was getting at! Nice easy tip in. Allen did what he could going cross-crease by why wasn't Mete playing the stick!!

Reactions: angusyoung

tazsub3

May 30, 2016
Exactly what I was getting at! Nice easy tip in. Allen did what he could going cross-crease by why wasn't Mete playing the stick!!
Cause he sucks. I am the eternal positive but when it comes to Mete and Drouin i cant be more negative.
I honestly think this team would have 4-5 more wins already if both those players are upgraded, heck even if they benched.

Habs13

Dec 30, 2004
Montreal
Cause he sucks. I am the eternal positive but when it comes to Mete and Drouin i cant be more negative.
I honestly think this team would have 4-5 more wins already if both those players are upgraded, heck even if they benched.

Sometimes, sometimes you have to call a pile of shit what it is.. a pile of shit!

Reactions: tazsub3

angusyoung

Back in the day, I was always horny!
Aug 17, 2014
Heirendaar

He was essentially a back pack, handy if you're toting things, frees up your arms, which in this case are attached to a stick!

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad