Recalled/Assigned: Otto Leskinen Recalled to Montreal to join Taxi Squad (April 5th)

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
Was hoping primeau would get a shot but hopefully they give this kid a game or two

Why Primeau? Habs have Price and Allen. Primeau would get called up to sit in the press box next to Lindgren.

As for Leskinen. There is a chance that they actually give him a look. At least in the AHL, he is not the same defenseman from last year. He's taken a step in the right direction. So I'd love to see him get a game in to see if he'll be better than the short stint he got last year.

Pompeius Magnus

May 18, 2014
Kanata ,ON
It's well deserved, even if he doesn't end up playing, he's been the best all around dman in Laval this season . I can 100% see him getting some games though, he can do more things than Mete.

Reactions: Tyson

Tyson

Mar 1, 2007
Texas
Why Primeau? Habs have Price and Allen. Primeau would get called up to sit in the press box next to Lindgren.

As for Leskinen. There is a chance that they actually give him a look. At least in the AHL, he is not the same defenseman from last year. He's taken a step in the right direction. So I'd love to see him get a game in to see if he'll be better than the short stint he got last year.
Easily Laval's best D this season. Leaps and bounds better than last season.

Tyson

Mar 1, 2007
Texas
Maybe to replace Mete, Ducharme doesn't seem to like him. Gotta feel bad for Ouellette though.
Ouellet knows now that he is not a NHL regular D and accepts it. Not everyone can play at the NHL level.

Kobe Armstrong

Jul 26, 2011
Maybe to replace Mete, Ducharme doesn't seem to like him. Gotta feel bad for Ouellette though.

Eh, I don't feel bad for Ouellette. He's not good enough to help the Habs, but he can lead our AHL team to the promised land. Maybe it is hard on him but I think it's the perfect place for him.

AlexGretzchenvid

Jan 19, 2013

I was hoping they would give cayden a game is what I’m saying

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
kind of odd that they would put one of the top scoring blueliners in the AHL on the taxi squad. Granted it could just be a paper move but why when they can just do that with Caufield or Ylonen who aren't likely to play in tomorrow nights game.

I don't know about him replacing Mete, I don't know what his daily cap hit would be on 925K but with 341K in cap space, although that will change as today they have to send Evans down since he's on emergency recall, now that Staal is there. So do they send Byron to the taxi today, cause that would really help with the cap for the next few days. Or is there a move about to be made since the trade deadline is getting close.

Reactions: covfefe

Leon Lucius Black

Nov 5, 2007

Ouellet gets paid $425K in the AHL which is a high salary to play there, given he is also the captain there I am sure he understands his role with the organization.

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
I think he’s only there to be the 7th guy to replace Olofsson

for 1 day cause why would you take the teams leading scorer among your D and put him on the taxi squad. I know there's no playoffs but Laval is red hot, why just take him out of the lineup when Fleury is injured as well, just to sit.

Leskinen -

leads the AHL in assists for defensemen
leads the AHL in shots for defensemen
tied for 2nd in points for defensemen
tied for 2nd in plus minus for def

leads the team in shots and plus minus
tied for the team lead in assists
tied for 5th on the team in points

Vachon23

Oct 14, 2015
Victoriaville
for 1 day cause why would you take the teams leading scorer among your D and put him on the taxi squad. I know there's no playoffs but Laval is red hot, why just take him out of the lineup when Fleury is injured as well, just to sit.

Leskinen -

leads the AHL in assists for defensemen
leads the AHL in shots for defensemen
tied for 2nd in points for defensemen
tied for 2nd in plus minus for def

leads the team in shots and plus minus
tied for the team lead in assists
tied for 5th on the team in points

Is he paid as an NHLer when he’s on the taxi squad ?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad