Post-Game Talk: Ottawa vs Tampa Bay

Vesa Awesaka

#KeepTheSenate
Jul 4, 2013
And it wasnt like Couture went Kreider on that play. Was an unfortunate hockey play.

It wasnt a hockey play. People dont dive head first into goalies in hockey. Dont care it he was hoping for a rebound or something. He left his feet to dive. He knew he was going to crash into hammond

SenatorArmy*

This is a big opportunity for the Senators because Carolina is going to beat Detroit in both games

Ttracer*

Ottawa is fighting harder than anyone to just make the playoffs, its getting pathetic. 1 goal a game isn't going to do it, we're toast in a 7 game series

Nac Mac Feegle

wee & free
Jun 10, 2011
Pathetic is a really bad word to use.

But it does show the team definitely does need some help. At least two solid defensemen, a scoring winger, and a bit more team speed are definitely requirements to get to the next level.

L'Aveuglette

つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
Jan 8, 2007
Montreal
Ottawa is fighting harder than anyone to just make the playoffs, its getting pathetic. 1 goal a game isn't going to do it, we're toast in a 7 game series

Wow, you must not enjoy life much if this is your view of our incredible stretch this last month or so.

krapsik

Nov 13, 2009
Estonia

Even if Sens miss PO, or toast in first round, team will be credited with lot of respect from league.
And we were predicted to be toasted in Rangers and Motreal series.

Blotto71

I was wrong...the worst is NOT behind us.
May 12, 2013
Over There
I've never understood how "toast" became synonymous with being done. To me, if you're toast then you're ready! If you're toast then things are just getting started! If you're toast then it just got real! Seriously, who wants a BLT on bread that hasn't been toasted? In the morning I for one prefer my PB on TOAST! People say the Sens are toast? I say, good! They started as a simple piece of bread but have now survived the crucible that is the toaster and emerged as a well forged piece of TOAST!!

...twins were up at 4:15 and I've yet to have a coffee (or any toast). Sorry.

Lenny the Lynx

Sep 20, 2008
ON
Really sucks they haven't made up much ground but you have to be proud of the team for how they have played. The last two games were basically playoff games against playoff teams and they just never gave up. It will really suck if we barely miss but this has been incredible experience for the young team

As the old sports saying goes: 82 games, was there early. 30 games you say?

DrunkUncleDenis

Condra Fan
Mar 27, 2012
I think the Toronto game was entirely winnable, and whatever happened in between the goal posts wasn't the reason they lost. I feel like that's just as big a reason we aren't still sitting in a wildcard spot as any you mentioned. The Florida game though I'll agree that with Hammond in net we probably get at least a point.

Anyway, can't cry over spilled milk. They've won two in a row now and Hammond's healthy. Just gotta run the board and hope Boston falters a bit.

Well, after the Detroit win, folks were saying he have to go 6-0 or damn close. Well, we are 1/6 of the way there.

Holy geez, we could realistically get like 96-97 points and still not make it. This year is crazy.

DrunkUncleDenis

Condra Fan
Mar 27, 2012
I've never understood how "toast" became synonymous with being done. To me, if you're toast then you're ready! If you're toast then things are just getting started! If you're toast then it just got real! Seriously, who wants a BLT on bread that hasn't been toasted? In the morning I for one prefer my PB on TOAST! People say the Sens are toast? I say, good! They started as a simple piece of bread but have now survived the crucible that is the toaster and emerged as a well forged piece of TOAST!!

Hah, you sound like me last Saturday night ranting about potatoes.

This is going to be one hell of a crucial weekend for the Sens.

Ice-Tray

Jan 31, 2006
Victoria

Toast gets eaten, and then turned to ****

ReginKarlssonLehner

Let's Win It All
May 3, 2010
Dubai Marina
Bobby is playing through injury, every player on the ice played better with more intensity. No other explanation

Agreed. When Chiasson was placed on that line they immediately created 2-3 excellent chances that hasn't been done by that line in a while.

CHIASSON.

Hope Ryan gets healthy again.

Oh yeah, also wanna say Jean-Gabriel Pageau is the heart and soul of this team now. He's come in and given us a replacement for Chris Neil in a modern NHL without enforcers. (Don't take this as disrespect for Neil, I love him)

Agreed. Pageau has been unbelievable.

Condra and Lazar too. That entire line fits like a glove of what we're trying to teach the rest of the team.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad