Post-Game Talk: Ottawa vs Tampa Bay

OmniSens

@OmniSenators
Sep 22, 2008
Ottawa
Hell of a game. Sens bottle Lightning :yo:

Although the Bruins won tonight in regulation, we'll probably be thankful they did so at the end of this season. Lots of hockey left!

So... Which line do you play against Ovie? Dude's on fire right now.

Senscore

Let's keep it cold
Nov 19, 2012
Our schedule is pretty rough.

That Rangers game is pretty much a guaranteed loss, while Pittsburgh and Washington are going to be pretty challenging.

And then of course there's ****ing Toronto.

So basically I'm only confident about beating Philly.

OmniSens

@OmniSenators
Sep 22, 2008
Ottawa

That Rangers game is pretty much a guaranteed loss, while Pittsburgh and Washington are going to be pretty challenging.

With Toronto and Philly playing spoiler, I'm scared ****less.

Senscore

Let's keep it cold
Nov 19, 2012
Also took a look at the B's schedule. It's lighter than ours, but not too light.

They have a game against Tampa on the 11th, after we face the Flyers on the same day at noon. So we may end up being the biggest Tampa fans on the planet for a few hours on Saturday.

Indrew

Feb 6, 2007

The Sens are really good when playing at MSG.

The scariest game will always be the next one.

OmniSens

@OmniSenators
Sep 22, 2008
Ottawa
Boston gets 3 days off after Saturday. Either will be good, or horrible for them as they play back to back (Washington and Florida).

To make things scary, Ottawa's last game of the season is a 12:30PM start. (Ottawa 4-2-0 in games before 3PM this season)

alfie follower

Oct 16, 2013
ottawa
3-0 @ the bars... spouses were a non-jinx factor... however we had to dulicate Tuesdays scenario where we watched 1 tv for the 1st 2 periods, and then switched to a TV in the opposite direction for the 3rd and O/T... The wives thought it was stupid, till the Sens proved it works !

arglebargle

Feb 27, 2008
Wiercioch looked sooo pumped after scoring that goal. Reminded me of that "ARE YOU NOT ENTERTAINED?!" bit in Gladiator.

Super Cake

Jun 24, 2013
You know what I like about Hammond? Despite some comparing Lehner to Price, Hammond reminds me more of him. He's positionally sound, he's so calm back there and he makes saves look easy. He doesn't need to be flashy.

I'm still wondering how he'll when the Sens play scrambly in front of him and we need him to steal games, but for now, I want him in as many games as he can play. He doesn't sit unless he needs a break. Maybe one game off during this stretch.

He should play every game left in the season imo.

Vesa Awesaka

#KeepTheSenate
Jul 4, 2013
FYI Wideman is a UFA. Options for 3rd pairing RD. Gryba, re-sign unproven UFA wideman or bring someone else in

FolignoQuantumLeap

Don't Hold The Door
Mar 16, 2009
Ottawa
FYI Wideman is a UFA. Options for 3rd pairing RD. Gryba, re-sign unproven UFA wideman or bring someone else in

I'd do my best to re-sign Wideman and keep Gryba. Both dimensions for your bottom pairing D.

We already have two top 4 RD who are puck movers. Gryba is a good fit down there and is cheap. It'd be silly to go out and spend big dollars (even 2-2.5M) on a guy to play under 19 minutes a night. We have bigger needs and limited money to work with.

Look at Tampa tonight with 4 regulars out on D with the playoffs right around the corner. You need big time depth at that position whether its game 1 of the preseason or game 1 of round 4 of the playoffs. Ideally, we have 7 or 8 guys in the NHL next year and 2 or 3 capable of coming up from Bingo (Vikstrand, Claesson and a veteran AHL guy on a 2 way to shore up our farm team's D).

PeterSidorkiewicz

HFWF Tourney Undisputed Champion
Apr 30, 2004
Lansing, MI
Also took a look at the B's schedule. It's lighter than ours, but not too light.

They have a game against Tampa on the 11th, after we face the Flyers on the same day at noon. So we may end up being the biggest Tampa fans on the planet for a few hours on Saturday.

Aren't the Bs on the road for the rest of the season? And Detroit has looked god awful since March. I'm keeping the faith.

ChocolateLeclaire

Jan 12, 2010
Ottawa, Canada
CBWfl6RVAAIV1Bt.png

Feels Goodman

HavlatMach9

streamable 3rah1
Mar 17, 2011
Ottawa
Gryba's physical element is great, but if he's on the team, he's better as the #7 dman, as opposed to the default bottom pairing right position D.

Ttracer*

Bobby is playing through injury, every player on the ice played better with more intensity. No other explanation

FolignoQuantumLeap

Don't Hold The Door
Mar 16, 2009
Ottawa
Understated player of the game: Clarke MacArthur. 3 points in 4 games since his return, only failed to register a point in the Florida game. Dude has transitioned back into the lineup smoothly. So nice to have him back.

Also, Stoner has contributed in all of our offense in the last two games. Assist on the 1-1 Mac goal. Game winning SO goal. Scores the only goal in regulation tonight (also got the third assist on that dirty set up). Sets up Wier on OT. This guy is unbelievable.

Vesa Awesaka

#KeepTheSenate
Jul 4, 2013
I get rid of Gryba fast. He cant be the number 1 pker on the right side. He's not good enough and takes to many penalties. I like the Michalek option because it might insulate Ceci and gives us another option on the RS if Ceci needs to be bumped down for poor play. I'm comfortable with either Boro or Wier as bottom pairing LD.

Methot-Karlsson
UFA-Ceci/UFA
Boro/Weir-Ceci/UFA

No need for Gryba, Phillips or Cowen.

FolignoQuantumLeap

Don't Hold The Door
Mar 16, 2009
Ottawa
I get rid of Gryba fast. He cant be the number 1 pker on the right side. He's not good enough and takes to many penalties. I like the Michalek option because it might insulate Ceci and gives us another option on the RS if Ceci needs to be bumped down for poor play. I'm comfortable with either Boro or Wier as bottom pairing LD.

Methot-Karlsson
UFA-Ceci/UFA
Boro/Weir-Ceci/UFA

No need for Gryba, Phillips or Cowen.

Realistically, wouldn't Michalek cost us upwards of 4 million? Just doesn't make sense. If we're dropping those kind of dollars on a D man, I want someone who can help the PP, which is a much bigger need.

Vesa Awesaka

#KeepTheSenate
Jul 4, 2013
Realistically, wouldn't Michalek cost us upwards of 4 million? Just doesn't make sense. If we're dropping those kind of dollars on a D man, I want someone who can help the PP, which is a much bigger need.

Michalek is currently making 4 mil and thats based on better past play. Maybe he wants to play with his brother once before he retires ala Scott Niedermayer. Michalek is 32 and will be 33 next year. He's also had injury issues.

I think we could get him around 3-4 mil term will likely be the most important number for him rather then yearly dollars

FolignoQuantumLeap

Don't Hold The Door
Mar 16, 2009
Ottawa
Oh yeah, also wanna say Jean-Gabriel Pageau is the heart and soul of this team now. He's come in and given us a replacement for Chris Neil in a modern NHL without enforcers. (Don't take this as disrespect for Neil, I love him)

Sens Rule

Sep 22, 2005

We don't need a RD pp guy. We gave Karlsson who plays 65% of PP time... And Ceci or even a forward. We don't lack for a RD on the PP.

Gonchar however is UFA? On a one year deal I take him maybe?

Michalek at $4M could be a sound investment.

We literally have 3 good D. Period. We need more. You have a better RD then Boro becomes more effective. Trade one of Wier or Cowen for some return. Not averse to Michalek at all.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad