Post-Game Talk: Ottawa @ Toronto HNIC 7PM EST

Status
Not open for further replies.

SEER

Sep 21, 2015
Not enough time to go all the way back and see if this was already posted.., so please excuse me, if I'm repeating...

But.., this was a game everyone should see, because it was a JOY to watch our young rookies
give us a glimpse of the future..!

KUDOS.. to Nylander & Soshnikov, for two beauties..! :handclap: :handclap:

(Extended Highlights)

Toronto Maple Leafs vs Ottawa Senators Phaneuf's Return March 5th 2016 (HD)

Eddo22

Sep 22, 2015
Not enough time to go all the way back and see if this was already posted.., so please excuse me, if I'm repeating...

But.., this was a game everyone should see, because it was a JOY to watch our young rookies
give us a glimpse of the future..!

KUDOS.. to Nylander & Soshnikov, for two beauties..! :handclap: :handclap:

I agree Seer. It was not only fun to watch the rookies, it was also great to see players who wanted to compete. :handclap:

On the other hand...Grabner, Boyes, Hunwick, Marcini... :shakehead

TLeafsFan

A True BeLeafer
May 16, 2014
Eastern Ontario
Nothing shady about it at all. We used our four post-deadline callups making them officially part of the Leafs roster. Now that we have guys returning from injury we need to assign someone to the Marlies.

Does that rule still apply as per the last CBA?

Regardless, was Kapanen called up on an emergency basis?

burpsalot

Feb 12, 2015
Does that rule still apply as per the last CBA?

Regardless, was Kapanen called up on an emergency basis?

I believe so. Apparently 3 of the 4 "official" call-ups have been made & they are Nylander, Greening & Smith (IIRC) all the rest have been emergency basis & they'll probably keep it that way as long as they can.

Canada4Gold

Dec 22, 2010
I believe so. Apparently 3 of the 4 "official" call-ups have been made & they are Nylander, Greening & Smith (IIRC) all the rest have been emergency basis & they'll probably keep it that way as long as they can.

is there a source for this or just speculation? I keep seeing people post different things as what they may have done but never see any source for any of it. Another guy said they were all emergency, and a 3rd said they were all emergency except Carrick.

burpsalot

Feb 12, 2015
is there a source for this or just speculation? I keep seeing people post different things as what they may have done but never see any source for any of it. Another guy said they were all emergency, and a 3rd said they were all emergency except Carrick.

I had read it somewhere, but couldn't recall where. When responding last night I wasn't sure whether it was Carrick or Smith, but I was pretty sure Nylander & Greening were the others.

Having said that, I found a source & I was wrong. Greening wasn't one of them. Greening came back before 3:00 pm & is therefore not considered a post deadline call-up & is not eligible for the AHL playoffs. The 3 of 4 official call-ups ar

Nylander, Carrick & Sparks.

Which actually makes sense for Sparks as he covers the goalies minimum, which wasn't covering an injury. That means Bibeau & Stalock probably won't see anytime up here unless there is a goalie "injury".

Here's a link with the info, but what's his source :amazed:

http://www.thestar.com/sports/break...door-game-that-doesn-t-include-the-leafs.html

"Garret Sparks, William Nylander, Connor Carrick: The Leafs called them up after the 3 p.m. deadline. They can all play in the AHL playoffs. They are three of the team's four regular allowable callups. The team still has one regular call-up in its arsenal."

Epictetus

YNWA
Jan 2, 2010
Ontario
Game's over and new GDT is up. IF you wanna discuss the call-up thing, I am sure there's a relevant thread somewhere on here. Closing this.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad