Post-Game Talk: Ottawa @ Toronto HNIC 7PM EST

Status
Not open for further replies.

SprDaVE

Sep 20, 2008
Just keep the kid line together and Sosh with Kadri and Komarov. Stop forcing Grabner in a scoring role... Just never again.

The kid line will have it's struggles but they have chemistry and we've seen create some really good chances in their short-term.

NikoPopp

Dec 19, 2013
Gareth Wheeler during the morning skate show saying these leaf roster transactions are "too complicated" for the average fan and they should "make things simpler".

His radio voice isn't the only thing I dislike about him to say the least.

he said that as some sort of weird joke right? :shakehead

Daisy Jane

everything is gonna be okay!
Jul 2, 2009
Doesn't seem like respect is in your vocabulary. But not surprising considering how negative of a poster you are.

to be fair, I think I have to echo what Pierre McGuire said. There was a time where things like tributes (ie: the video tribute, a specific - let's acknowledge what you did, etc) - were given to

A: people who spent the majority of their career with one city (and more often than not, drafted - or close to it - ie: Mats, ie, Iglina, ie. St Louis)

B: they were beloved and made a significant difference to the team (see, a Nieuwendyk, see a Robidas, see a Laich).

and that Dion doesn't fall in either category. He was traded here. He was here. and He was traded out. Dion easily could have had a t.v. time out acknowledgement "thanks for 6 years" and then continue on - captain or not. but that's just me and my nickle's opinion.

They are giving a tribute, so. good on him I suppose.

LeafsNation75

Jan 15, 2010
Toronto, Ontario
to be fair, I think I have to echo what Pierre McGuire said. There was a time where things like tributes (ie: the video tribute, a specific - let's acknowledge what you did, etc) - were given to

A: people who spent the majority of their career with one city (and more often than not, drafted - or close to it - ie: Mats, ie, Iglina, ie. St Louis)

B: they were beloved and made a significant difference to the team (see, a Nieuwendyk, see a Robidas, see a Laich).

and that Dion doesn't fall in either category. He was traded here. He was here. and He was traded out. Dion easily could have had a t.v. time out acknowledgement "thanks for 6 years" and then continue on - captain or not. but that's just me and my nickle's opinion.

They are giving a tribute, so. good on him I suppose.
I remember when Darcy Tucker returned to Toronto as a member of the Colorado Avalanche he was given a tribute video and he was bought out during the previous offseason. However I guess one difference between him and Phaneuf is the fans enjoyed his play and never got criticism in the media. So did he require a video tribute?

Duffman955

Mar 4, 2010
Soshnikov -Kadri-Komarov
Hyman-Nylander -Kapanen
Grabner-Holland-Leipsic
Greening -Laich-Smith

Got to say, that's not a bad top six.

Marner + (hopefully) Matthews to that and you're looking at a pretty deep top 9, even with out the Marlies & Jr specs coming up.

Thats a god awful top 6.

Theres 4 rookies who have accomplished jack **** in the NHL, and only one of them has a goal.

Leafs87

Mr. Steal Your Job
Aug 10, 2010
Toronto
I'm curious to see my phaneuf-karlsson play together, has the making of one the worse defensive but great offensive pairings in history

Jan 3, 2012
Philadelphia, PA
Soshnikov -Kadri-Komarov
Hyman-Nylander -Kapanen
Grabner-Holland-Leipsic
Greening -Laich-Smith

Marner + (hopefully) Matthews to that and you're looking at a pretty deep top 9, even with out the Marlies & Jr specs coming up.

Not a bad top 6? You watched the last few games?

thewave

Jun 17, 2011
Soshnikov -Kadri-Komarov
Hyman-Nylander -Kapanen
Grabner-Holland-Leipsic
Greening -Laich-Smith

Tossing 4 kids in the top 6 and seeing who can thrive. Awesome example of a burn test. Jump into the fire kids!

Leaf of the Mind

BABS WAS BOB
Feb 6, 2015
The kids are obviously raw as hell but I must say I've been encouraged by the fact they managed to keep games close like the more "talented" lineup of early season. Mind you some people will lose their minds when we eventually get blown out with the kids playing, but so far the signs are good.

Daisy Jane

everything is gonna be okay!
Jul 2, 2009
I remember when Darcy Tucker returned to Toronto as a member of the Colorado Avalanche he was given a tribute video and he was bought out during the previous offseason. However I guess one difference between him and Phaneuf is the fans enjoyed his play and never got criticism in the media. So did he require a video tribute?

nope. i wouldn't have video-tributed him.

but that's the expectation everyone seems to want so whatever. I just see why some (a lot) of people would be "ehhh. not really" in regards to this.

Pyrophorus

Jun 1, 2009
Eastern GTA
I can see Nylander scoring tonight.

I can also see Phaneuf catching someone unexpectedly.

I never hated him, but I always felt he had to go.

LeafsNation75

Jan 15, 2010
Toronto, Ontario
If he doesn't by the first period, Don Cherry will criticize him a lot lol. It's going to be fun watching Cherry today.
If it's late in the 3rd period and Nylander has not yet registered a point, I can see Glenn Healy making some sarcastic comment how Dylan Larkin scored in his first game since he was in the same draft as Nylander and selected 7 spots lower in the first round.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad