Ottawa Sun Crossed the Line

Goat Boy

Jun 8, 2011
I already sent an angry letter to the Sun last night after Garrioch tweeted the cover. Really classless and unprofessional of them to print that. As has been already said, most Sens fans on these boards are on your guys' side on this one.

Kurplunk

Nov 30, 2010
Edmonton
That's a ****ing gross image to put on the front page..
I mean for **** sake, I don't see mtl or ott going far in the playoffs..
So I'm more concerned about if Eller will be himself when he comes back

Icelevel

During these difficult times...
Sep 9, 2009
Agreed guys. That was disgusting. I saw it last night when garrioch tweeted that it was going to be the cover. I sent them negative feedback right away to the only contact address i could find on the ottawasun.com site. I asked them to let me know if there was another address i should use instead for this sort of complaint. no response yet.

If someone has a link/address for better Sun Media feedback, can you post it here? (Here is there **** website with no contact info other than address for letters http://www.sunmedia.ca/SunMedia/)

No one likes this including ottawa fans.

Gomez91

Fala!!
Nov 27, 2011
Where I want
Gone are the days someone in Montreal will do something about this. Ottawa knows no one from Montreal will do anything next game except a heavy check, hand slapping fight with there visor's down or a mean glance.

Remember the GM addressed toughness for the playoff at the trade deadline lol

Yes there is no toughness in Montreal and that include Prust since he is only one guy. Who has done over and above what is truly needed for this team.

Gary320

Feb 21, 2009
I think the headline is the problem here.
Put something else... and you don't have HALF the reaction.

EDDIE20*

I already sent an angry letter to the Sun last night after Garrioch tweeted the cover. Really classless and unprofessional of them to print that. As has been already said, most Sens fans on these boards are on your guys' side on this one.

He actually tweeted the cover? Wow...

I've met Garrioch a few times (I see him at my local watering home with his idiot friends once in a while). The guy is an ass in person as well.

GordonGraham

Sep 12, 2009
Im in quebec city

Both paper ran the same picture today but it wasnt on the cover in was in sport section only

EDDIE20*

I think the headline is the problem here.
Put something else... and you don't have HALF the reaction.

Agreed. If the front page would've had a picture of the Sens celebrating their victory, nothing would be said. The picture was in really poor taste.

Eddy Punch Clock

Jack Adams 2028
Jun 13, 2007
Chillbillyville
Agreed. If the front page would've had a picture of the Sens celebrating their victory, nothing would be said. The picture was in really poor taste.

Also its the severity of the injury. If Eller had a little trickle of blood coming from his cheek it wouldn't have been so distasteful. But he didn't... and it was.

Gary320

Feb 21, 2009

I didn't mean it like that.
But it's still the same idea.

Change the text or change the image. You have a different reaction.

lafite

Feb 28, 2002
Visit site
The Sun, like everybody says, is a joke. It is owned by Quebecor (based in Montreal by the way), and if you think this is tasteless, their political coverage is pure neocon BS, as in Fox News North. I can't wait until they die a well deserved death.

Everyone in Ottawa thought the hit was pretty clean, but nobody wants to see a guy hurt like that.

mrcontractor*

Doesn't surprise me from them. Some years back when Princess Diana passed away, the headline was "Di Dies".

Turris the Turret

Do it for Rundblad
Mar 22, 2012
Ottawa
It's the Ottawa Sun. They're not exactly known for being classy. Had it been Karlsson bleeding on the ice, it would be a whole different story.

I toaly agree with you it was bad taste by a ****** newspaper. But saying that they did have that photo of Karlssons face when he got hurt on the front page

Born in 1909

Hockey Royalty
Nov 20, 2007
Montreal
99% of hockey fans don't like seeing players injured, regardless of what team they are on.

Obviously I want the Habs to beat the Bruins, Leafs, Flyers and Sens... but definitely don't enjoy seeing any player hurt.

The editors of that paper are dirtbags.

Et le But

Nov 28, 2010
New York
Let me remind everyone again that Sun Media is a subsidiary of Quebecor, and that PKP was the CEO and President of Sun Media too.

EDDIE20*

I toaly agree with you it was bad taste by a ****** newspaper. But saying that they did have that photo of Karlssons face when he got hurt on the front page

That's no better. An injury is an injury. To have it plastered on the front page is disgraceful.

Lockz

Aug 23, 2008
Ottawa
Terrible cover, and I'd want to spend a quarter at each box just to remove all the copies I could and burn them. Then break into the boxes and deprive the Sun of revenue. Classless thing and the Sun doesn't deserve to be part of the Habs-Sens rivalry, as both teams and fanbases should just unite against such an organization.

Tabarouette

ben kin
Jan 28, 2013
mtl
Im in quebec city

Both paper ran the same picture today but it wasnt on the cover in was in sport section only

the picture itself isnt that much of a problem, I mean it did happen and you're going to see it somewhere anyway

but THAT title over THAT picture is just disgusting

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad