Ottawa Sun Crossed the Line

Akipa

Jul 19, 2012
The Ottawa Sun posted an absolutely horrible picture/headline on the front page of there paper today and it doesn't deserve to go unnoticed. It is purely classless and should definitely prove to be good bulletin board material for the Canadiens going forward. Evidently, while most believe the hit was clean this is still disgraceful.

Here is the picture as well as a full rant on the topic:
http://lastwordonsports.com/2013/05/03/ottawa-sun-crosses-the-line/ (link is not to the Ottawa Sun)

Last edited:

EDDIE20*

It's the Ottawa Sun. They're not exactly known for being classy. Had it been Karlsson bleeding on the ice, it would be a whole different story.

Godzilla

Jun 7, 2011
Montreal
I put the Ottawa Sun on the same level as the National Enquirer. Considering how drab and conservative Ottawa is, I'm surprised this crap still exists there.

SensHero

Jul 19, 2010
Ottawa
I put the Ottawa Sun on the same level as the National Enquirer. Considering how drab and conservative Ottawa is, I'm surprised this crap still exists there.

You can't hold Sens fans or the Sens organization responsible for the idiots at the Ottawa Sun Newspaper.

HBDay

Jan 28, 2013
everybody write to the ottawa sun. This is disgusting. I will be writing them right now.

Derian Hatcher

Jun 30, 2010
Ottawa
On behalf of most sens fans we apologize for our ****y newspaper. We find it just as classless as habs fans. It was trending last night so I guess they got what they wanted. *sigh*

Bieber fever

Mar 7, 2010
Westmount
Let's write to ottawa sun that we are going to write to evryone who puts had in their newspaper that we won't buy a thing from tem to boycott the ottawa sun

Le Tricolore

Boo! BOOOO!
Aug 3, 2005
Montreal
tumblr_ljpqhkJugP1qzb952o1_500.jpg

Just don't look, just don't look.

Nitehowl

Jul 28, 2005
BC Canada
Classless Sens Coach quote...from Melnick blog

And one other thing - While Paul Maclean has got this cutesy, let-me-play-dumb post game routine down pat - ("If I was, was that Eller who got hit? If I'm Eller I'd be really mad at #61 because he passed me the puck when I wasn't looking") how about at least expressing some concern for the guy?

Karl Eriksson

Boring!
Apr 12, 2007
Ottawa
I just want to say that as Sens fan, Ottawan (is that what we're called?), and a human being I find the Sun's cover to be repugnant.

They are a trashy tabloid, and other than the sunshine girl have no redeeming features.

If you want to laugh, try to go back and find their cover when Dalton McGuinty won the last provincial election, that might take the cake.

I will not read their paper anymore (except the sunshine girl page), and will mention this to a friend who writes for them (City Hall section).

WhiskeySeven*

Expect the expected
Jun 17, 2007
Who gives a damn?

Our teams sucks if we lose to a team full of rookies and a skinny d-man who just came back from a lacerated ankle.

Throw some heat toward that inbred idiot Therrien who can't adjust for crap, or to Price who forgot how to keep control of his rebounds, or Desharnais or Bergevin or Gionta or half of our weak, inept team.

Eller didn't deserve that injury, Gallagher is trying his hardest, Subban is doing all he can... it's just the culture of sycophantic ******** that surrounds the Habs.

Who cares what Ottawa puts on their papers, it's not like the Habs can respond to it they need a rookie to throw hits.

LoneSteele

Mar 5, 2011
Edmonton, AB
On behalf of the city and fans of Ottawa: I'm sorry...

The Sun is trash. Eller deserves better than this. Here's hoping for a speedy recovery for him.

I hope the Senators organization sanctions the sun for this crap... Don't let those buffoons travel with the team for the playoffs or don't grant them any interviews... Maybe then they'll stop giving the city and team such a bad reputation by publishing such trash.

Dr Gonzo

#1 Jan Bulis Fan
Dec 13, 2009
Bat Country
Yeah, I live in Ottawa and it's well known that the Sun is trash.

They printed a story about a sports writer and his penis a few weeks ago (no joke).

Almost all the Sens fans disapproved of that cover.

That being said, the Habs didn't get this far, just to need a picture of a downed Eller as bulletin board material.

HBDay

Jan 28, 2013
Guy's don't attack the Ottawa fans coming in here to show sportsmanlike qualities. That is classy of them. Imagine what leafs fans would be doing if they did this to Eller? They sure as hell would'nt be coming in here saying that this cover is disgraceful.

BonkTastic

ಠ_ಠ
Nov 9, 2010
Parts Unknown

Dang, that's actually a burn on the ENQUIRER, not the Sun.

That's how trash the Sun is. At least the Enquirer is in on the joke. The Ottawa Sun still doesn't seem to realize that the rest of the country has been laughing AT them for the past decade, not WITH them.

animalchin

Jan 20, 2005
The Long Road
Sens fan here.

Disgusting image. Ottawa sun should be ashamed of themselves...as ashamed of them as most anyone with sense would be.

Speedy recovery to Eller.

Dharvey33

Apr 30, 2010
On behalf of the city and fans of Ottawa: I'm sorry...

The Sun is trash. Eller deserves better than this. Here's hoping for a speedy recovery for him.

I hope the Senators organization sanctions the sun for this crap... Don't let those buffoons travel with the team for the playoffs or don't grant them any interviews... Maybe then they'll stop giving the city and team such a bad reputation by publishing such trash.

It won't happen due to a gutless hit by a Gryba.

Didn't know the sens were dirty i do now.

Now Eller is gone for the playoffs and so are our chances at the stanley cup thanks to a team that without it's goalie shouldn't be in the playoffs.

**** this ****.

Doc5

Aug 8, 2012
On behalf of most sens fans we apologize for our ****y newspaper. We find it just as classless as habs fans. It was trending last night so I guess they got what they wanted. *sigh*

Stay classy. Before talking about class take a look in the mirror.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->