Post-Game Talk: Ottawa Senators vs. Montreal Canadiens | Game 2 | Oct. 15, 7:00pm | CityTV, TVA

Status
Not open for further replies.

BonkTastic

ಠ_ಠ
Nov 9, 2010
Parts Unknown
Any updates on how Mitch Marner slept last night? Hoping he got a solid 8 hours.

SportsNet was reporting that his mom has eggs & sausages for breakfast this morning, with some roasted tomato on the side.

What is yet to be determined is whether or not Mrs. Marner's breakfast decision results in a hat trick during Mitch's next game, or if it curses him and he only scores two.

Neiler

Registered Loser
Jul 16, 2006
Team looked great last night, they looked very "together".

Phaneuf troubles me for the second game in a row. If he doesn't pick it up and start skating better he's very quickly going to become this season's whipping boy. Especially with that monster contract.

I'll agree with others for once that Ryan looked noticeably slow last night. I usually defend what he brings to the table but I noticed a few times last night it looked like he was at practice while the rest of the team was at a game.

Have to give props to Smith too, he always has this calm way about him that even when the game was falling apart he still just calmly did his job and helped keep things together. His calmness kinda reminds me of Carey Price to be honest.

Tuna99

Sep 26, 2009

Phaneuf troubles me for the second game in a row. If he doesn't pick it up and start skating better he's very quickly going to become this season's whipping boy. Especially with that monster contract.

I'll agree with others for once that Ryan looked noticeably slow last night. I usually defend what he brings to the table but I noticed a few times last night it looked like he was at practice while the rest of the team was at a game.

Have to give props to Smith too, he always has this calm way about him that even when the game was falling apart he still just calmly did his job and helped keep things together. His calmness kinda reminds me of Carey Price to be honest.

I'm not a big Ryan fan but I thought he's been pretty good these 2 games. A big thing about him is body language, when he has to back check he doesn't get a good start, he sort of lowers his head and starts a heavy stride, he doesn't jump to it. I know it's a small thing, but you can almost see him think 'oh great, now I have to backcheck or the coach will get mad at me'

Ryan needs to get a jump on the backcheck, most times he's coming down the ice playing D he looks like he has a piano on his back. When he's close to the puck close he engages but he certainly doesn't look like he's in a rush to arrive.

Icelevel

During these difficult times...
Sep 9, 2009
I know this is blasphemy, but I wish we had a 21 year old Cowen right now. It obviously went all wrong with him, but I think with a solid system behind him he could have, at the very least, been a physically punishing beast on the 3rd pairing who would scare the crap out of incoming forwards.

was thinking the same things. I like cowen (good cowen)

MarkZackKarl

Jun 29, 2002
Ottawa
Visit site

Excellent description of Smiths mental toughness and hence his awesomeness.

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
Yea, it was disgusting to see. After the 5on3 kill he kept saying "Surely the habs will be in front now" and when Pacioretty hit the post he had a mini orgasm thinking it went in.

Lol if i see Cole in public I'ma call him out on his terrible bias.

Very reminiscent of the Neil and Bob days.
He's nostalgic but "oooohh baby" he has been brutal for years

18Hossa

And Grace, Too
Oct 12, 2012
Listening to the commentary was painful and embarrassing.

How many times did they say "Dennis Wideman" instead of Chris? How many times did they say "Senators player" instead of just using their name? When the Habs tied it at two, Cole says "Finally, the Canadiens are back on even ground" like the blatant ****ing homer he is. The entire game was called from the narrative of the Montreal Canadiens, despite the Sens controlling the play for almost the entire game. Every intermission was about the Habs. All of the in-game features were about the Habs.

The name of the show is "Hockey Night in Canada", but it might as well have been "Canadiens Saturday Night Hockey in Montreal (hosted by the Ottawa somethingorothers)"

"The Ottawa Sens player"

Xspyrit

DJ Dorion
Jun 29, 2008
Montreal, Canada
SportsNet was reporting that his mom has eggs & sausages for breakfast this morning, with some roasted tomato on the side.

What is yet to be determined is whether or not Mrs. Marner's breakfast decision results in a hat trick during Mitch's next game, or if it curses him and he only scores two.

I heard from a reputable source* that he spent a good 5 more minutes than usual in the bathroom after his breakfast.

This is extremely worrisome, except for people who have no souls.

* My friend, Paper Toilet III

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
What a POS Gallagher is. Always talk****ting on the ice but will never back it up. That's the kind a person a dislike. Talk talk talk, won't drop when the Big Guy are coming.

Note that i say person and not player, because he's talented. But his talk****ting piss me off, because he's never going to answer the bell.

He's just trying to get whoever off their game. If they think about the BS coming out of his mouth or trying to get at him they are not thinking about what they should be. I would take a guy Gallagher any day. He can play and he's not easy to play against

Tuna99

Sep 26, 2009

They are reporting on a prospect parents Bathroom breaks. Leaf nation, time to dial it back a bit.

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site
Couple thoughts from being at the game:

• Not sure how well it translated to TV, but Pyatt was very noticeable. Good on the forecheck and very effective at what he does, to the point where I told my dad how well he was playing prior to his goal.
  • As staunch a defender of Bobby Ryan as I am, his heart really didn't seem to be in this game. Floating, lazy play. Not nearly enough effort.
  • Wideman quietly had an effective night even after the early assists. Kept an eye out for him and he didn't make any blatant mistakes I could see.'
    [*]Anderson is dialed in. Gonna be a good year for him.
  • Surprised Boucher kept Hoffman out of the shootout. Thought he played much better than he did against Toronto.
  • 2-0, baby. Not half bad.

Really? I thought Anderson looked aweful. Im quite worried about him two garbage games in a row.

Viletho

Jan 20, 2015
He's just trying to get whoever off their game. If they think about the BS coming out of his mouth or trying to get at him they are not thinking about what they should be. I would take a guy Gallagher any day. He can play and he's not easy to play against

I did say he's very talented. I just dislike these player who talk but never asnwer the bell.

Example : Marchand will fight from time to time.

Zack Smith is like that a little, right? But he will fight if challenge.

I just dislike that that about Gallagher. I remember Maxim Lapierre when i see Gallagher talk, But Gallagher is acutally good with the puck.

Alex1234

Oct 14, 2014
I'm not a big Ryan fan but I thought he's been pretty good these 2 games. A big thing about him is body language, when he has to back check he doesn't get a good start, he sort of lowers his head and starts a heavy stride, he doesn't jump to it. I know it's a small thing, but you can almost see him think 'oh great, now I have to backcheck or the coach will get mad at me'

Ryan needs to get a jump on the backcheck, most times he's coming down the ice playing D he looks like he has a piano on his back. When he's close to the puck close he engages but he certainly doesn't look like he's in a rush to arrive.

I miss the LA kings Dec 11th 2014 game's Bobby

Backchecking and dangling like few players can do

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site
Really like Dzingels game, his speed and tenacity on the forcheck is fantastic. Zach Smith has picked up right where he left off, he is turning into a modern day power forward. These two players are really easing the loss of MacArthur right now.

I thought Wideman had a great bounceback game, Boucher looks like he is using him to his strenghts much better than the last coaching staff.

I wish this team could play with a lead, I didnt expect it to be automatic but in both games so many of the teams big issues reared their ugly heads. I do like the line of Dzingel Pageau Pyatt their speed is exactly what you want out of your bottom six with the way the NHL is going.

hooknshoot

Dipsy Doodle
Nov 23, 2014
Canada
I do like the line of Dzingel Pageau Pyatt their speed is exactly what you want out of your bottom six with the way the NHL is going.

I still think there could be a better winger for that line than Pyatt. If MacArthur comes back, Zack Smith could be that guy..

Punchbowl

Apr 4, 2010
Last night was really encouraging for the first two periods, it looked like the team was perfectly executing Boucher's strategy and we were firmly in control. Everyone was playing well and it was some of the best hockey I've seen from the Sens in a long time.

In the third period the wheels fell off the bus a little bit and I thought a few of our top six seemed a little off. Brassard, Ryan, Hoffman all started struggling (Brass did not look good on that 5-on-3, but I suppose no one did) and everyone else seemed to take a foot off the gas.

I was really impressed with our bottom six and depth defencemen though; Dzingel-Pageau-Pyatt was fantastic at times and Kelly-Neil looked good too (Varone was a little suspect); Wideman-Boro were playing some really safe, minimal-risk hockey for most of their shifts and I think "Dennis" Wideman ended up with a couple points at the end of it all.

All in all, a big step in the right direction. Game 1 we looked good in OT, game 2 we looked good in periods 1-2; we just need to get that to 3 full periods and we'll be right on track.

Jan 19, 2006
Calgary
Guys, just start muting the game like I've been doing since Rogers got the rights. Take it from me, it's an instant improvement in your quality of life.

Benjamin

Differently Financed
Jun 14, 2010
yes
What a POS Gallagher is. Always talk****ting on the ice but will never back it up. That's the kind a person a dislike. Talk talk talk, won't drop when the Big Guy are coming.

Note that i say person and not player, because he's talented. But his talk****ting piss me off, because he's never going to answer the bell.

I like players that do that because how much it obviously annoys people.

Professional trolls. Love seeing them get responses out of people.

Last edited:

Rodzilla

Aug 31, 2010
Canada
I did say he's very talented. I just dislike these player who talk but never asnwer the bell.

Example : Marchand will fight from time to time.

Zack Smith is like that a little, right? But he will fight if challenge.

I just dislike that that about Gallagher. I remember Maxim Lapierre when i see Gallagher talk, But Gallagher is acutally good with the puck.

I am with you there, I would take Gallagher any day but I just can't stand him. He's always talking smack behind the refs or when at the bench but he's a little whinny nerd. I would smack his face damn hard, and yeah he reminds me a lot of that garbage Lapierre. Andrew Shaw is even more annoying though, one of the players I hate the more in the whole league, he is such garbage. But you know these guys will never answer unless they are sure they won't get embarassed. I just love reading MTL GDTs after a loss, man they overreact, I live in MTL and my friends are the same, that's why I was never a Habs fan growing up, so much dumb things going on in that fanbase.

As for Anderson, he got better as the game went on but that 2nd goal in crunch time is awful, he hasn't looked sharp since the start of the year at all. Karlsson on the other hand, wow, breaking up plays all game at the blue line and creating some nice chances, was very good. 5 on 3 and 4 on 3 we have to put a lot more pucks on net man that was embarassing. Brassard had a rough one, same with Hoff again and I thought Dzingel was good but, so was Tom Pyatt, I thought he played a real good one.

Burrowsaurus

Mar 20, 2013
I heard from a reputable source* that he spent a good 5 more minutes than usual in the bathroom after his breakfast.

This is extremely worrisome, except for people who have no souls.

* My friend, Paper Toilet III

Whatever marner is doing. Seems to be working.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad