Post-Game Talk: Ottawa Senators vs. Montreal Canadiens | Game 2 | Oct. 15, 7:00pm | CityTV, TVA

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cosmix

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 24, 2011
Ottawa
The crew of Hockey Night in Montreal/Toronto stunned in silence as the bad guys win in the shoot out.

The Rogers Sportsnet broadcasts of Ottawa games totally ignore the Senators and OTTAWA market. We get to see the Toronto highlights with Don fxxxxxx Cherry. Not that the CBC did any different. It would be great to have an Ottawa-based intermission team instead of the crap we are forced to watch.

Pierre from Orleans

May 9, 2007
Very good first period last night against the Habs, loved the way this team FINALLY took the body to them & played physical. Of course, as soon as they got back to poke checking instead of hitting & taking the body the Habs got right back into the game. Anyway, good win, I thought Neil & Boro played well & they should play more minutes & Smith is looking great in the top 6 where he should stay for a while. Nice goal by Dzingel too.

I wish Guy would give these guys much more minutes just to prove to you how much of a bad idea it would be

Baby Ryan

Jan 6, 2014
Ottawa, ON
Very good first period last night against the Habs, loved the way this team FINALLY took the body to them & played physical. Of course, as soon as they got back to poke checking instead of hitting & taking the body the Habs got right back into the game. Anyway, good win, I thought Neil & Boro played well & they should play more minutes & Smith is looking great in the top 6 where he should stay for a while. Nice goal by Dzingel too.

They are performing well because their minutes are managed and reduced to their roles.

Maclean had a habit of giving too much ice time to Neil/Phillips/etc which ultimately put them in a position to fail. They played out of their roles in those instances.

FlyingJ

Feb 25, 2014
They are performing well because their minutes are managed and reduced to their roles.

Maclean had a habit of giving too much ice time to Neil/Phillips/etc which ultimately put them in a position to fail. They played out of their roles in those instances.

I still cringe wherever I remember MacLean's love for the GSN line and his willingness to give them 2nd line-esque minutes.

Punchbowl

Apr 4, 2010
Yeah, I'm also in favour of Borowiecki and Neil playing within their limits. They played really well last night for their roles, we shouldn't be trying to change those roles by adding more ice time.

Sensinitis

Aug 5, 2012
Yeah, I'm also in favour of Borowiecki and Neil playing within their limits. They played really well last night for their roles, we shouldn't be trying to change those roles by adding more ice time.

Yep, and if everyone continues to play like that and grows their game the sky is the limit for this team imo.

Jorge Garcia

Dec 9, 2004
I am with you there, I would take Gallagher any day but I just can't stand him. He's always talking smack behind the refs or when at the bench but he's a little whinny nerd. I would smack his face damn hard, and yeah he reminds me a lot of that garbage Lapierre. Andrew Shaw is even more annoying though, one of the players I hate the more in the whole league, he is such garbage...

I have some grudging respect for Gallagher. He's small, not very fast, not a big shooter, not highly skilled, yet he's smart and a fairly effective player. His main talents are being a pain in the ass and being willing to get beat on all night long as he crowds the crease.
But the Habs aren't as good as their fans think they are if he and Shaw can play in Montreal's top 6. On a good team, Gallagher's a 3rd line agitator and Shaw's a 4th line weasel.

Burrowsaurus

Mar 20, 2013
Speaking of free cheap shots. Did anybody else think that Pacioretty should have been targeted for running into Anderson?

No. Like the poster above you said. When Neil is in team don't take those shots. He was in. So impossible that any cheap shots were taken

Boud

Dec 27, 2011
I have some grudging respect for Gallagher. He's small, not very fast, not a big shooter, not highly skilled, yet he's smart and a fairly effective player. His main talents are being a pain in the ass and being willing to get beat on all night long as he crowds the crease.
But the Habs aren't as good as their fans think they are if he and Shaw can play in Montreal's top 6. On a good team, Gallagher's a 3rd line agitator and Shaw's a 4th line weasel.

I dissagree for Gallagher, he's better than a 3rd liner.

He had 40 points in 53 games last season, and also had 47 points in 82 games the season before that. These are not bottom 6 players stats and if he can keep on playing like he did last two years he'll be a 50-60 point guy rather easily. He complements a top 6 really well and I think you're downplaying himba bit here, he's got some good hands and a very good shot. His willingness to go in the dirty areas is almost unmatched in the NHL right now I'd say. Gallagher is a 2nd line player at least on any team IMO besides maybe a couple exceptions of very few teams.

DrEasy

Out rumptackling
Oct 3, 2010
Stützville
I wonder if Neil, Smith & Boro will be able to be more physical purely due to a better system and the resulting better positioning. If they don't have to run around, and therefore lose races to the puck, they might be in a better position to take the body.

starling

Nov 7, 2010
Ottawa

Yep, totally agree. BTW, that was Neil's first game in god knows how long where he registered 0(ZERO) hits. And Boro had fewer hits than Mike Hoffman. :nod:

SensontheRush

Never said it was Sunshine
Apr 27, 2010
Ottawa
I still cringe wherever I remember MacLean's love for the GSN line and his willingness to give them 2nd line-esque minutes.

I never understood why he insisted on that line, when Smith, Greening and Condra proved to be such a great combination.

Frank8

Sep 19, 2013
He finished strong which is all you can ask after that bad second goal.

No one is perfect for the entire game. What matters with mistakes is that you don't repeat them, not not make one ever.

Grant Fuhr let in a ton of bad goals, he remains one of the greats because of his ability to bounce back and not let in that 5th or 6th goal.

We're going to lose a lot of games if we're only relying on Andy to stop the 5th or 6th goal.

Smash88

Mar 15, 2012
Ottawa
I for one enjoyed good old "ole-ole" after Habs made it 3-2.

I was sitting beside a Hab fan who was going nuts with the Ole after that 3rd goal.

I told him "thanks for the win tonight". He didn't get it and kept going.

It was funny seeing his reaction after Pyatt tied it. :laugh:

Vesa Awesaka

#KeepTheSenate
Jul 4, 2013
I liked our physical play this game. Boro, Neiler and Smith really brought it and took advantage of the habs. What I liked the most is that they picked their spot and didn't force it. It's only a few games in but it's funny how proper coaching can make everyone look good.

Coach made boro and Neil look fine by limiting their minutes and taking them out before a mistake

topshelf15

May 5, 2009
I was sitting beside a Hab fan who was going nuts with the Ole after that 3rd goal.

I told him "thanks for the win tonight". He didn't get it and kept going.

It was funny seeing his reaction after Pyatt tied it. :laugh:
That 5 on 3 was the perfect time to really put the dagger in ........The PP still needs more work

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad