Confirmed with Link: Ottawa Senators vs. Montreal Canadiens First Round Matchup(WARNING ON POST#1&348&855)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Baby Ryan

Jan 6, 2014
Ottawa, ON
If the Sens just neutralize Subban and Pacioretty (if he plays), we got a real, real solid chance.

Just match up Methot and Karlsson (even if it slows his offense down) against them and one of the Turris/Pageau line (Pageau line preferably)

Then let the other lines run wild. Montreal has quite a decent D corps, but their forward scoring depth is a bit lacking. Have to take advantage of that.

Box the Habs smaller forwards out of the slot, collapse on Subban and Pacioretty and attack them constantly. They may have beefed up, but those are bottom 6/bottom D pairings. Not their top lines, so it's not as lethal.

Plus we have Smith, Boro, Gryba (not a great fighter though), Methot, Chiasson, Ryan, Zibby as big bodies. Ceci and Lazar are quite big for their size as well.

Engineer

Rustled your jimmies
Dec 23, 2013
Thats because our playoff tickets were being sold before it was confirmed we were playing the habs the chances of us getting the habs were low it was suppose to be Toronto - Montreal Ottawa - Boston now its fair game on tickets we are going to get invaded

WE NEED TO PULL A TAMPA and sell to sens fans first.

Pre-sale is available to sens fans first...

Hutz

Sep 7, 2007
Its a clean slate, I see no reason to be cocky about this one. We have to be at our best.

No, I agree, I think any cockiness is based on the early game adrenaline, not on the opponent. This is not the same as two years ago. I do think we can beat them, though, but it won't be easy.

bigtimehockeyfan999*

no Rispeck

:laugh: Good luck guys I'm very very very happy you ruined the boston! I'm gonna be at game 1 cannot wait its gonna be a great series!! I just hope we can find a way to contain player 61......:sarcasm: :laugh: good luck!!

TheNewEra

Jul 10, 2013
Carey Price vs Sens:
12/13 playoffs (4 gms) .894
13/14 season (4 gms) .889
14/15 season (2 gms) .887

LyricalLyricist

Aug 21, 2007
Montreal
I think your team will feel very loose, no pressure. That's dangerous for the Habs because it means you won't be phased from bad games, if any.

SilverSeven

Apr 16, 2007
Ottawa, Ontario
Check-out-big-grin.jpg

Iamok

Oct 20, 2010
This outcome of this series rests entirely on Price. I, for one, am terrified.

CareyItUp

Nov 23, 2011
West Island
Habs fans are 50/50 on this, some on our board say we lose, others say we win. Definitely no 100% on this one.

Regardless, I hope this series will be a good one! May the better team win sens fans!

Golden

Haven't we suffered enough?
May 3, 2007
I'm iffy about this series. I feel like we have the best chance against the Habs compared to Tampa or the NYR but what's that even saying?

How do the guys come out after 25+ emotionally exhausting and intense games? They have basically been playing playoff hockey for two months. Will they hit a wall or will they keep it going?

It's just incredibly hard to predict how this series will go. The only thing I can predict is that it's going to be exciting!

Shanny

Let's Win It All
Jun 12, 2009
Bytown
This outcome of this series rests entirely on Price. I, for one, am terrified.

Hammond's biggest test thus far....and luckily for us.......if for some reason he falters...we still have Andy who will give us a chance to win every night.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad