GDT: Ottawa Senators vs Montreal Canadiens 11/22/16 7:30pm EST SNE,TSN5, RDS2, TSN 690

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kudo Shinichi

Apr 20, 2012
These lines are ugly.

And who's Michou trying to fool? We know that Desharnais and Patches will play a regular shift together at some point. No need to pretend they're in the bottom 6 on different lines.

youre way too obsessed with DD

MXD

Original #4
Oct 27, 2005
Correction- trade deadline too

Historically what has he done around this time of the year?

Well... that's only three seasons Worth of material.
He did release Semin last season.

donghabs98

Oct 14, 2010
Halifax
These lines are ugly.

And who's Michou trying to fool? We know that Desharnais and Patches will play a regular shift together at some point. No need to pretend they're in the bottom 6 on different lines.

It's become apparent that as long as DD is on the team, him and Max will eventually play with each other.

Leon Lucius Black

Nov 5, 2007
But he's our second center (or fairly often first center) on the PP, and he's been soooooo productive there!

Whenever he is the first centre on the PP, it is because Galchenyuk's line is usually the one who had drawn the penalty.

Plekanec has been brutal offensively, given our lack of options we are stuck with them two on our second PP all the time.

Rapala

Mar 29, 2013
Montreal
Believe it or not, the sens are actually montreal's most troublesome opponent in franchise history. The Habs have a winning percentage of less than .470 against these guys.

Even during Ottawa's expansion years, they were giving the Habs a really tough time.

I know it's not super relevant to the topic at hand, but I thought I would throw it in here.

It's that damn one sided rivalry all over again.

Brainiac

Registered Offender
Feb 17, 2013
Montreal
youre way too obsessed with DD

I think we do have a good team and I'd love to see what a real coach would do with them. And the most glaring issue with our coach is DD, plain and simple.

We're basically wasting Price's prime years by employing a coach who thinks that Desharnais is as good a player as Galchenyuk. There's just no way of denying it. Michou Therrien thinks that Desharnais is as much of a threat offensively as Galchenyuk. Rest of the NHL correctly evaluates that Desharnais shouldn't even be in the league...

Belial

Oct 22, 2014
Montreal
I think we do have a good team and I'd love to see what a real coach would do with them. And the most glaring issue with our coach is DD, plain and simple.

We're basically wasting Price's prime years by employing a coach who thinks that Desharnais is as good a player as Galchenyuk. There's just no way of denying it. Michou Therrien thinks that Desharnais is as much of a threat offensively as Galchenyuk. Rest of the NHL correctly evaluates that Desharnais shouldn't even be in the league...

The guy is playing on a 4th line , was already scratched this season , and made his way back into the lineup just because Flynn got injured and wasn't able to play the next game.

But yeah, DD this, DD that...

Kraken Jokes

May 28, 2010
Switch Danault and Patches for the love of all things holy! He just can't bring himself to put Pacioretty - Plekanec - Gallagher back together. Even though Danault and Mitchell have great chemistry together as we all know.

And what does he have against Pateryn? Surprised if he hasn't asked for a trade yet.

Brainiac

Registered Offender
Feb 17, 2013
Montreal
The guy is playing on a 4th line , was already scratched this season , and made his way back into the lineup just because Flynn got injured and wasn't able to play the next game.

But yeah, DD this, DD that...

DD on the 4th line?? Keep drinking the cool-aid, man. Which 4th liner plays 16 min. on a regular basis? With PP time and some of the team's best scorers? :laugh:

MXD

Original #4
Oct 27, 2005
DD on the 4th line?? Keep drinking the cool-aid, man. Which 4th liner plays 16 min. on a regular basis? With PP time and some of the team's best scorers? :laugh:

Heh... change kool-aid flavour please. DD played 15mins+ 4 times this season. Oddly, he did so on "straight" games (separated by about three weeks). In one of these games, he was a used a winger on Tomas Plekanec' line, which is nowhere near his normal usage.

There's absolutely nothing regular in DD getting +- 16mins a game. Of course, he should NEVER see more than 15 mins a game, unless special circumstances (amongst which playing wing on Plekanec certainly ISN'T, because WTF is he doing there anyways).

Belial

Oct 22, 2014
Montreal

He has 3 freaking games out of 18 where he played 16 min .

But yeah , keep going .

Brainiac

Registered Offender
Feb 17, 2013
Montreal
Heh... change kool-aid flavour please. DD played 15mins+ 4 times this season. Oddly, he did so on "straight" games (separated by about three weeks). In one of these games, he was a used a winger on Tomas Plekanec' line, which is nowhere near his normal usage.

Again, which 4th liner would ever get that kind of opportunities? I was overstating it a bit, I agree, but the point still stands: Michou will give DD plenty of opportunities, including on the PP.

Yes, some nights DD will play 4th line minutes. But some others, he will get plenty of premium minutes that he clearly doesn't deserve.

Belial

Oct 22, 2014
Montreal
Again, which 4th liner would ever get that kind of opportunities? I was overstating it a bit, I agree, but the point still stands: Michou will give DD plenty of opportunities, including on the PP.

Yes, some nights DD will play 4th line minutes. But some others, he will get plenty of premium minutes that he clearly doesn't deserve.

As dreadful as he is lately , it actually happens he has some games where he's not the worst player on the ice ... :laugh:

The coach uses him a little more , it's coaching.

It's not like we have Crosby sitting on the bench and he's using DD on the PP , come on ...

Brainiac

Registered Offender
Feb 17, 2013
Montreal
As dreadful as he is lately , it actually happens he has some games where he's not the worst player on the ice ... :laugh:

The coach uses him a little more , it's coaching.

It's not like we have Crosby sitting on the bench and he's using DD on the PP , come on ...

We have Galchenyuk and Plekanec who both can play on the PP. I know Plekanec hasn't been great lately, but his effort level is still there and it would be much less embarassing to watch.

Bottom line is, the more Desharnais plays, the less are our odds of winning. We played our best game (LA) when he was scratched.

I love the Habs and I want to see them winning something while we're still around. Unfortunately, I don't think it will happen if the coach is playing favorites.

blarneylad

Feb 1, 2009
We have Galchenyuk and Plekanec who both can play on the PP. I know Plekanec hasn't been great lately, but his effort level is still there and it would be much less embarassing to watch.

Bottom line is, the more Desharnais plays, the less are our odds of winning. We played our best game (LA) when he was scratched.

I love the Habs and I want to see them winning something while we're still around. Unfortunately, I don't think it will happen if the coach is playing favorites.

Pleks is snake bitten this season. He has rung a post very recently and created buzz in the o-zone.

Desharnais very seldom creates anything except a useless cycle down low that sees the puck turned over to the other team. At least this usually happens down low though.

But the problem isn't how bad Desharnais is. Or how bad Pleks has been. It is the lack of depth to make them replaceable.

OldCraig71

Feb 2, 2009
No one cares
Pleks is snake bitten this season. He has rung a post very recently and created buzz in the o-zone.

Desharnais very seldom creates anything except a useless cycle down low that sees the puck turned over to the other team. At least this usually happens down low though.

But the problem isn't how bad Desharnais is. Or how bad Pleks has been. It is the lack of depth to make them replaceable.

He fights along the boards at the back of the net, always the same and if he escapes with the puck he usually turns it over. Pleks has the same cut across the middle with the low shot to try and catch the goalie moving the wrong way that surprises no one in the NHL and he always always avoids any sort of contact by arriving just at a split second too late. 9.5 million for these two and until a better solution is found, we are not legit.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Denmark vs Great Britain
    Denmark vs Great Britain
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Kazakhstan vs Germany
    Kazakhstan vs Germany
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $2,330.00