News Article: Ottawa Senators Trying To Prevent Leafs Fans From Attending Games In Ottawa

Mystifo

No more Mr.FightGuy
May 26, 2011
YYT
Scotiabank is just our vacation home. We let the Sens stay there when we are not looking to relax.

Al14

Jul 13, 2007
How much revenue would the league lose if Leaf fans didn't buy tickets at all from rival teams?

I don't think the NHL will support Melnyk with this stupid vendetta.

I think we Leaf fans should stop buying tickets in other arenas and see what happens. Maybe a few teams fold?

TieClark

Jun 14, 2011
By the amount of Leafs jerseys I just saw in downtown Ottawa, this "prevention" increased the presence of blue team fans in the city.
As expected. I hope there is a loud Go Leafs Go chant right before the anthem so everyone knows how horribly it failed before the game even starts

Erdinger

Oct 6, 2011
Toronto
How much revenue would the league lose if Leaf fans didn't buy tickets at all from rival teams?

I don't think the NHL will support Melnyk with this stupid vendetta.

I think we Leaf fans should stop buying tickets in other arenas and see what happens. Maybe a few teams fold?
Buffalo might lose a few season ticket holders just because selling the Leafs game tickets helps pay for the rest of the season. I know that for a fact.

Al14

Jul 13, 2007
By the amount of Leafs jerseys I just saw in downtown Ottawa, this "prevention" increased the presence of blue team fans in the city.

And so it should. Melnyk, the Ottawa media, and the City of Ottawa should just keep their collective mouths shut and let the Sens do the talking on the ice, if they can. Trying to ban Leaf fans from Ottawa is like poking a bee hive with a stick.

EDDIE20*

Does anyone else think this idea by the Sens is going to cause some problems tonight?

I can see Ottawa fans being jerks to Leafs fans and blaming everything on those Leafs fans.

They also have a number set up that you can contact to report Leafs fans and have them removed (this was mentioned on CTV News). I can see that being abused by Ottawa fans who are just being jerks and don't want Leafs fans around them (ie. calling or texting the number to report Leafs fans who haven't actually done anything).

The more i think about it, the more I believe this could be a real **** show tonight.

WTF? Is that supposed to be a joke or is Melnyk really that stupid?

Actually, never mind... The answer's pretty obvious.

EDDIE20*

What's Melnyk gonna try next season? Armed guards to make sure there are no Leaf fans?

Eb

Feb 27, 2011
Toronto
How are the blue and white colours looking in the stands tonight?

Any difference??

achtungbaby

Oct 31, 2006
The Sens shouldn't even bother, it will never work. That said, I never really understood why some people are so proud of the fact that there's a lot of Leaf fans. They're an original 6 team, what do people expect? Idk, I guess when it comes to bragging about a team I cheer for, the number of people who cheer for my team as well didn't exactly move me. To each their own.

colchar

Apr 26, 2012
Examples? Especially in baseball where the stadiums are not totally filled with season ticket holders.

I forget. I saw it mentioned on a news segment about the story on CTV News. They went into how it is not a new thing or exclusive to hockey. I believe the football team was the Packers (another team trying to prevent Packers fans from invading their stadium) and, as for baseball, I believe it was some California team like the Giants or whomever. They talked about how the attempted bans didn't work in those instances and wasn't likely to work in Ottawa either. At the time I wasn't paying attention to which teams they mentioned as it wasn't all that important to me, the part of the story dealing with Ottawa mattered more.

OMadahey

Nov 21, 2012
capital city
Why are leaf fans so uneducated. Go read the reports and what the sens owner said. He said he didn't want sens season ticket holders selling their tickets for more when the leafs come to town. At no point did he say or imply that he wanted no leaf fans their. 80% of the tickets at scotiabank place gets sold publicly to the general public, leaf fans can still buy those regular tickets he just didn't want ticket holders selling their tickets to leafs/habs fans.

So please. Think before you type

Pyrolemur

Nov 13, 2012
Toronto
Why are leaf fans so uneducated. Go read the reports and what the sens owner said. He said he didn't want sens season ticket holders selling their tickets for more when the leafs come to town. At no point did he say or imply that he wanted no leaf fans their. 80% of the tickets at scotiabank place gets sold publicly to the general public, leaf fans can still buy those regular tickets he just didn't want ticket holders selling their tickets to leafs/habs fans.

So please. Think before you type

Speaking of educated and thinking, maybe you should look into the reports yourself. I've read some articles showing the email from the Sens organization saying things like "Take back the Bank" (from their rivals) and to not resell the reduced price tickets available to their fans to rival fans. That sounds cut and dry to me. Now granted, you can't trust evrerything the media says, but still...

EDDIE20*

Was speaking to a buddy mine last night about all this. He told me he spent Saturday downtown walking with his daughter and saw more blue and white in the downtown area than Sens colours.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad