News Article: Ottawa Senators should kick tires on Jesse Puljujarvi

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site
The SENS are going to be maxed out of contract spots with all these upcoming picks. I can see PD using some of these 2nd’s to move from 44 to 41 to than go on off the board with a second round pick.

MP is nothing but a flier - but that is pretty much what PD uses 2nd’s for.

He just turned 21 years old and won the WJC mvp at 17 years old, he is far more than a filler. Logan Brown is 21 years old, so is Batherson should we give up on them too? He can absolutely fly, has a rocket shot and is enormous, these players dont come around very often. No pressure environment like Ottawa with lots of available ice time is a perfect situation.

Sweatred

Erase me
Jan 28, 2019
He just turned 21 years old and won the WJC mvp at 17 years old, he is far more than a filler. Logan Brown is 21 years old, so is Batherson should we give up on them too? He can absolutely fly, has a rocket shot and is enormous, these players dont come around very often. No pressure environment like Ottawa with lots of available ice time is a perfect situation.

I’m on your side - I’d trade Tiereny and I suggested he was a flier (not filler). Perhaps I should have said a lottery ticket (high ceiling, low probability).

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site
I’m on your side - I’d trade Tiereny and I suggested he was a flier (not filler). Perhaps I should have said a lottery ticket (high ceiling, low probability).

The Oilers would do that in a heartbeat I believe. Id honestly do the deal too maybe ask for a late pick or something.

Tuna99

Sep 26, 2009
Does Jesse do rebounds?

Last time we did this the best thing about it was Filatovs haircut.

Reactions: MountSash

BondraTime

Nov 20, 2005
East Coast
Are players no eligible to reenter the draft if they are not signed in the first two years ?
If they’re drafted out of the CHL, yes.

USHL, Jr. A, NCAA and all guys drafted out of Europe are all 4 years of exclusive rights.

The guys drafted in our 2020-21 drafts are all 3 and 4 years out on needing contracts, at the earliest, we don’t need to worry about contract numbers with them now, we will have tons coming off the books within the 4/5 years of them signing.

Stylizer1

SENSimillanaire
Jun 12, 2009
Ottabot City
The Ottawa Senators enter a crucial rebuilding phase and adding more promising young players should be their top priority.

With the Ottawa Senators looking at building a strong, young team over the next two to three seasons, the organisation should kick tires on one player desperate to leave their current team.

That player is Jesse Puljujarvi, who is publicly hoping to find a way to leave the Edmonton Oilers this summer.

Article link here
What of Puljujarvi don't do rebounds?

milkbag

Jul 31, 2018
A return similar to Yakupov would be ideal for me. Mid round pick that moves up based on performance to sweeten the pot.

Artanis

Dec 1, 2011
Ottawa
Sounds like Filatov deal 2.0.. Except I don't remember Filatov having a major surgery.

I'd offer a 3rd.

Hale The Villain

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 2, 2008
The biggest issue I have with trading for Puljujarvi is that apparently he'll have to go through waivers now if he's sent down.

He hasn't proven he's even ready for the NHL yet, and he's coming off double hip surgery, so I'm not exactly expecting him to break out in a huge way next year. Being able to play him big minutes in Belleville and try to put his game back together would have been ideal, but that can't happen.

If he's not good enough to beat out guys like Ryan, Batherson, Brown, etc... for a top 9 RW spot, we would have to play him limited 4th line minutes or scratch him, which wouldn't be great for his development.

Based on this, I think the return Puljujarvi should get should be closer to Filatov or Yakupov than Turris. Would be fine with Dorion gambling a 3rd, maybe a 2nd at most.

Reactions: NB613 and Deku

FolignoQuantumLeap

Don't Hold The Door
Mar 16, 2009
Ottawa
The biggest issue I have with trading for Puljujarvi is that apparently he'll have to go through waivers now if he's sent down.

He hasn't proven he's even ready for the NHL yet, and he's coming off double hip surgery, so I'm not exactly expecting him to break out in a huge way next year. Being able to play him big minutes in Belleville and try to put his game back together would have been ideal, but that can't happen.

If he's not good enough to beat out guys like Ryan, Batherson, Brown, etc... for a top 9 RW spot, we would have to play him limited 4th line minutes or scratch him, which wouldn't be great for his development.

Based on this, I think the return Puljujarvi should get should be closer to Filatov or Yakupov than Turris. Would be fine with Dorion gambling a 3rd, maybe a 2nd at most.
If he's waiver eligible, we have first dibs. Why trade anything for him?

Stylizer1

SENSimillanaire
Jun 12, 2009
Ottabot City
Young players who generally have problems with their teams tend to not be as good as they think they are. The Islanders are still waiting for josh Hosang to be better than Crosby.

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site

He is a better player and prospect than Logam Brown.

The Lewler

GOAT BUDGET AINEC
Jul 2, 2013
Eastern Ontario Badlands
Not saying this is the guy, but this sort of situation is where you use those extra 2nd/3rd round picks to try and steal someone.

The stockpiling of draft picks outside of 1'st and high 2nd's hold no special allure for me. Long shots all of them, including trading for a Puljujarvi.

Reactions: TkachukNorris79

Crosside

Aug 1, 2018
Yeah I trade 2 rnd Dallas + Paul vs Pulju and I try to make a bigger trade for have Nugent too Maybe San jose first + Chaplik + Lajoie or Wolanin

Nac Mac Feegle

wee & free
Jun 10, 2011
Yeah I trade 2 rnd Dallas + Paul vs Pulju and I try to make a bigger trade for have Nugent too Maybe San jose first + Chaplik + Lajoie or Wolanin

RNH costs $6 million. Plus Pool Party needs a new contract. Adding those salaries pretty much guarantees we will be unable to afford Chabot.

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
Which Brown? Be specific please.

Also, neither of the Browns have publicly asked to be traded.
Nor are they coming off double hip surgery or currently an RFA without a contract.

I think he is worth more than a thirdb no doubt but I wouldn't trade Logan Brown for him

Qward

Because! That's why!
Jul 23, 2010
Behind you, look out
Logan would make sense using the context
giphy.gif

Reactions: BondraTime

FolignoQuantumLeap

Don't Hold The Door
Mar 16, 2009
Ottawa
Nor are they coming off double hip surgery or currently an RFA without a contract.

I think he is worth more than a thirdb no doubt but I wouldn't trade Logan Brown for him
The double hip surgery is a deal breaker. This guy's career is going the way of Cowen. Both similar in that they were physically gifted, had major hip issues and have almost no on or off ice intelligence.

Sens With Benefits

Feb 4, 2010
Canada
The ask was a 2/3 liner for Puju. Tierney fits that bill perfectly. Would you trade him Puju straight up or would you include a pick as well.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad